Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human race is losing inteligence.

Professor T

Every time I have to fight some gawmless cross-eye'd subway caterer who has to be told three times what I want to on my foot-long I wonder if humanity is getting dumber..

Turns out we are... :unsure2:

Would you be surprised to hear that the human race is slowly becoming dumber, and dumber? Despite our advancements over the last tens or even hundreds of years, some ‘experts’ believe that humans are losing cognitive capabilities and becoming more emotionally unstable. One Stanford University researcher and geneticist, Dr. Gerald Crabtree, believes that our intellectual decline as a race has much to do with adverse genetic mutations. But human intelligence is suffering for other reasons as well.

http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz2LOpmcFPF

Edited to add: Personally I think there are many more reasons for this.. Much more than listed in the artical for sure..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 4

I blame the Jehovah Witnesses. Every time Im about to get an IQ point they knock on my door. :whistle:

Oh were not playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 5

I think technology has a lot to answer for too.

I'm a mathematical dunce thank's to my calculator..

So one as to wonder if I wouldn't be such a dunce with numbers if didn't own a calculator..

• Like 7

Uh, that should be Losing Intelligence, although it's pretty funny the way it is.

lol.

all is right in the world nothing to see here *reads about more school funding being cut*..... ****.

• Like 1

I let my cell phone minutes run out. So Im a dunce.

hello Professor T (:

i don't doubt this..actions on our planet past and present by humans certainly don't prove otherwise

i think loss of intelligence is'nt the thing to be worried about tho

its the innate negitive characteristics that humans possess..greed,hatred,this idea of judging each other based on nothing but appearence,power over others,racism

with habits like these we were never intelligent in the first place!

• Like 2

hello Professor T (:

i don't doubt this..actions on our planet past and present by humans certainly don't prove otherwise

i think loss of intelligence is'nt the thing to be worried about tho

its the innate negitive characteristics that humans possess..greed,hatred,this idea of judging each other based on nothing but appearence,power over others,racism

with habits like these we were never intelligent in the first place!

I think it all goes hand-in-hand..

The Greed, hatred, power, race and other isms are a product of society and the root problems of society. & that our loss of our common intelect & common sence is also a result of the system designed to suppress the human spirit.. We have given far to much power to those who are in power, therein lay's the cause and solution to the problem imo..

• Like 3

I see where the real polymaths (people who do many different things well) are a dying breed.

My father (8 years gone) was a millwright, welder, carpenter, plumber, mechanic, logger, lumberman, game guide, etc., etc. I don't see many young people being able to do that. Most of which is only because of 'lack of opportunity' and 'lack of neccessity'.

Younger generations are taught or told to 'specialize'. "Don't just be the cog in the wheel, be the BEST 'cog in the wheel'." That, in my opinion, is advice to fail.

You'll never know when your 'cog' is reinvented (i.e. obsolete) and you'll have to fall back on another talent.

Diversity is the key to survival, which is what the Industrial Revolution told us was wrong.

/smash the calculators!

• Like 5

Guest Nathan DiYorio

On the topic of how nutrition effects human cognitive functions, as brought up in the article, can the diminished IQ be regained by switching from a poor, highly processed diet to a more natural and nutritional one, or is the cognitive loss permanent?

Anybody know?

The human body and brain is a remarkable machine able to repair damage from environmental and physical damage. So the easy answer is yes.

The short answer is not ever 100% once that crap gets into your replicating cells. Thats what causes cancer btw. Or one way it starts.

Todays education = Taught about what stuff is/does..

Yesterdays education = Taught how to make things that does stuff..

• Like 6

We should tighten up our problem-solving skills. I apologize for that. I read somewhere that humans' alleged loss of intelligence and/or knowledge was linked to the fact that technology did more work for us after the advent of the computerized age. Our brains got less exercise. It was like how modern communication and transportation made some members of past generations less fit because they weren't forced to exercise their bodies as much as pre-car and pre-phone people were. We now have calculators, spell-check, global-positioning, etc. that replace skills that improve with use. On a related note, I read that today's children first learned to tie their shoes at older ages than their elders did. The story also claimed that they were behind in motor skills.

• Like 6

We should tighten up our problem-solving skills. I apologize for that

No need to apologize for great honesty

first learned to tie their shoes at older ages than their elders did

Im noticing that with my ten year old. He could of learned at 7 but was lazy and learned later.

• Like 1

On the topic of how nutrition effects human cognitive functions, as brought up in the article, can the diminished IQ be regained by switching from a poor, highly processed diet to a more natural and nutritional one, or is the cognitive loss permanent?

Anybody know?

Both height and intelligence are linked to diet. Nutrition plays an extremely important role. Food definitely impacts our IQ. Some studies claim that some kinds of fish are great "brain food".

• Like 4

No need to apologize for great honesty

Im noticing that with my ten year old. He could of learned at 7 but was lazy and learned later.

I made a bad pun. As for tying shoes, I blame velcro.

• Like 1

crosswords for dummies.

• Like 2

i saw Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" some time ago, and i think that this is one of cinema's most accurate descriptions of the future of humanity......

• Like 3

Uh, that should be Losing Intelligence, although it's pretty funny the way it is.

Yep.. did that on purpose. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Humans are in retrograde,some prefer to let other people or things think and do for them which has become the meaning of technology for us .I prefer to try and do things the old way eat mainly natural food (even if i have to grow it) though i know lots of things like beef and chicken are not 100% natural bought from a store.Some now days who sit behind their computer screens like to tell others well such and such does this to a human body because i googled it.All i can say is sorry hot rod slow down a bit ever really studied anatomy and used minerals,herbs,and vitamins while being a active healthy human being?Most never have a better answer than 'but google says"Do not get me wrong i like some of our tech but when one gets to the point they stop using their brains and bodies they might aswell be dead.

• Like 5

Humans are in retrograde,some prefer to let other people or things think and do for them which has become the meaning of technology for us .I prefer to try and do things the old way eat mainly natural food (even if i have to grow it) though i know lots of things like beef and chicken are not 100% natural bought from a store.Some now days who sit behind their computer screens like to tell others well such and such does this to a human body because i googled it.All i can say is sorry hot rod slow down a bit ever really studied anatomy and used minerals,herbs,and vitamins while being a active healthy human being?Most never have a better answer than 'but google says"Do not get me wrong i like some of our tech but when one gets to the point they stop using their brains and bodies they might aswell be dead.

Grrrrrrrrr... (gumbling because I want to disagree with this but find that I cant because it's true.)

I think that our relyance on technology is a big issue with this, but moreso i feel that we have given away our power. We've given away all power and authority to others, to the beuracracy of civilisation, to government and authorities that we're origionally put in place to make life easier and safer for all but who have grown to become controling over us..

I said it before in another thread, that we give away our power whenever we believe in any authorities outside of our selves..

We need to take back authority over our lives.. and that starts with awareness that this is going on..

Yes, we're in retrograde... But it's reversable, and I do hope that the awareness is spreading..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 3

Grrrrrrrrr... (gumbling because I want to disagree with this but find that I cant because it's true.)

I think that our relyance on technology is a big issue with this, but moreso i feel that we have given away our power. We've given away all power and authority to others, to the beuracracy of civilisation, to government and authorities that were origionally put in place to make life easier and safer for all but who have grown to become controling over us..

I said it before in another thread, that we give away our power whenever we believe in any authorities outside of our selves..

We need to take back authority over our lives.. and that starts with awareness that this is going on..

Yes, we're in retrograde... But it's reversable, and I do hope that the awareness is spreading..

My ego would like to give you 1 million likes if it could :lol: but one will have to do.You are correct as a civilization we are not yet to far gone but we are getting closer and closer to the point of no return.

• Like 1