Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nine lives not enough for cat heroine

Althalus

BERLIN (Reuters) - A cat has saved several people's lives by alerting them to a fire in a German apartment block before dying in the flames, according to police.

The cat's miaowing woke up her owner, a 42-year-old woman, who promptly noticed smoke coming from a room in her apartment in the western city of Essen. She called the fire brigade and alerted the other families in the building.

"The cat definitely saved a number of lives," a police spokesman said on Monday. "Some of the residents managed to flee the fire, others were brought to safety with ladders."

Two people, including the cat's owner, needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.

The cat was not named.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsupreme

• Rae

• Althalus

• Halo_Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhhhhh Poor Cat :'(

I bet he has a little Halo and Harp and sits on a fluffy white cloud now :s7 Bless him

Odin,  

I didn't catch it at first either. I think I was preoccupied with my children is why I didn't catch it. Then I went back to see if I missed something. The cat did die. Here it is:

A cat has saved several people's lives by alerting them to a fire in a German apartment block before dying in the flames
  :'(    

Poor kitty,  :'(

Though I wonder if he was actually warning the owners, or meowing because he was afraid of the fire an wanted to save himself...  ::)