Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A second moon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Two moons on August 27, 2007

*27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............*

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky
starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked
eye. This will cultminate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes
within 34.65M miles of earth. Be sure to watch the sky
on Aug. 27 12:30 am . It will look like the earth has
2 moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY
will ever see it again.

It is me!

#2    DДrk_Lotu§

DДrk_Lotu§

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

how many times do you plan on posting this it is an urban legend http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_mars_encounter.htm it will be somewhat prominent in the sky but it will not be anywhere as large as the moon

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done

I'AM SMISSY!!!!

The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,180 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

I am going to close this thread as it is not space news for two reasons:
  1. it is not true
  2. it is not new

This false claim has been made repeatedly for the last few years and has been discussed and debunked in the following threads:

The claim remains the same (even down to the fact that it will happen on the 27th August) but the year is changed each time.

greggk, I have deleted the other 2 copies of this post you have made, the one you used to start a new thread in the Natural World forum and the one you posted in the "When do you think we will set foot on mars?" thread. Please do not make such multiple posts in the future as it is considered spamming:

1. No spamming
Forum spam constitutes any of the following:
1c. Multi-posting:
Do not start multiple identical threads in multiple forum sections or post multiple identical replies in multiple threads. Posting something once in one place is sufficient.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users