Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Theories on the Bermuda Triangle

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    silverhorse

silverhorse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:39 PM

The Bermuda Triangle is a place where the God kill the evils, instead of sending them to hell.

#17    sirfiroth

sirfiroth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

IMHO
The Bermuda Triangle is a product the minds of superstitious people with no basis in fact. cool.gif

#18    DДrk_Lotu§

DДrk_Lotu§

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:08 AM

kind of like the above poster sirfiroth? lol

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done

I'AM SMISSY!!!!

The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

#19    ethereal scout

ethereal scout

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:28 AM

THEORY1:Atlantis is at the very bottom,being guarded by The Kraken.
THEORY2:It's a base of operations for aliens and UFO'S.
THEORY3:There is a worm hole or Black hole in a certain location.

NOW SHARE YOURS!

THEORY 4: Its a three piece Bermudean percussion band.

#20    drumbum

drumbum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:54 AM

lol. Well, the theory of a black hole is specific seems odd to me because a black hole supposedly sucks EVERYTHING in. Even light. If there where a black hole in the Bermuda triangle, then the whole world would implode on itself wouldn't it? A wormhole, possibly, but there would have to be multiple wormholes. I too saw the methane gas specials on tv. I think that's the cause personally, but then again, what's the deal with the compasses in planes going haywire? It's just something we'll probably never be able to offer one single explanation for.

#21    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

I have heard about the methane gas theory before.  The other theories I haven't and I can only pull this face ---> ohmy.gif

Out of interest, does anyone know the last recorded date of a disappearane re The Bermuda Triangle.  I don't, I was just wondering.

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#22    drumbum

drumbum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:31 AM

this is a direct quote:

"There is much support for the theory that UFO's and extraterrestrials are responsible for the many losses in the Triangle. Seamen have reported sightings of “strange flying aircraft” and immediately claimed that they were occupied by ET's, and when they reach the media, the story spreads-though it may not be true. Before long, the idea spreads that the missing people may have been abducted. This had become popular in the mid-1950's; around the time of the testing of many experimental government aircraft. When sightings of one of these aircraft occurred, civilians would notify the Tabloids that an UFO have passed over their house, and even provide a photo that they had taken."

source:
http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/The-Be...heories.29427/2

I'm sure there have been incidents since the 50's, but this is all I could surface with 30 minutes or so of research.

Edited by drumbum, 29 July 2007 - 03:34 AM.

#23    DДrk_Lotu§

DДrk_Lotu§

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

I'm unsure on the last known disappearance lotus sorry i searched but couldn't come up with anything after the 1960's my favorite story is still the Mary Celeste grin2.gif as for the whole compass going haywire problem that can easily be explained drum! The Bermuda Triangle region has some unusual features. It's one of only two places on Earth—the other being an area nicknamed the Devil's Sea off the east coast of Japan, which has a similar mysterious reputation—where true north and magnetic north line up, which can make compass readings dicey

Edited by DДrk_Lotu§, 29 July 2007 - 03:45 AM.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done

I'AM SMISSY!!!!

The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

#24    woodwosa

woodwosa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:26 AM

THEORY 1 - It is a geologically active area that creates effects naturally.
THEORY 2 - It is an excuse for poor steering/ flying by people.
THEORY 3 - It is nothing, but urban myth blown out of proportion.

you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25    MyYoungBlood

MyYoungBlood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

lol. Well, the theory of a black hole is specific seems odd to me because a black hole supposedly sucks EVERYTHING in.

Sorry forgot about that.

#26    Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

Hmm I vaguely recall seeing an article about a flight across the Bermuda triangle where the flight time appeared to the pilot to be much too short, and upon landing there was excess fuel in the tank.

Anyone else recall something like this? or am I just remembering a fiction story I read lol.

As for last disappearence.. on the wiki article was 1999. Some other sites list them later, up to 2002 (closed the tab before grabbing a URL) - it seems it can take some time for a ship to be officially lost there appeared to be some records showing logs of 'overdue' ships in which there were no further notes. Ships or passengers found are noted.

* 1995: Inter-island freighter Jamanic K (built 1943) reported lost after leaving Cap Haitien.
    * 1999: Freighter Genesis Lost after sailing from Port of Spain to St Vincent; cargo included 465 tons of water tanks, concrete slabs and bricks; reported problems with bilge pump before loss of contact. Search of 33,000 square miles of sea is fruitless.

Edited by Nocturnal, 03 August 2007 - 10:17 PM.

"Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;"

#27    Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

THEORY 1 - It is a geologically active area that creates effects naturally.
THEORY 2 - It is an excuse for poor steering/ flying by people.
THEORY 3 - It is nothing, but urban myth blown out of proportion.

I don't think this is an urban myth, there are an abnormaly high number of accidents in that region... The only way you would get much variation between 'normal' accidents with poor steering/flying is if there's an abnormal abundance of bad boaters or fliers out there.. otherwise sure there would be examples of this, but it would be with in normal expectations.  Theory 1 on the other hand ... methane bubbles, the proximity to the gulf stream etc..

"Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;"

#28    alien2

alien2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

The Bermuda Triangle is just what seems to be the projection of what the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind wanted people to think.  I think it's theories' 2 and 3 put together.  It may not necessarily be a base of operations, or it could be, that makes sense.

#29    his ride2

his ride2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• Interesting isnt? How the universe is peaceful yet deadly.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:11 AM

Nocturnal I heard something similiar to that to. I think it was on the discovery or history. Same with the methan bubbles on of those to channels did a test on it and it is true that the bbbles cause the ships to sink. As for the plane having extra fuel and a short fly time I dont know what happened to him.

"The path to kage level is a difficult one, there are no shortcuts." Naruto

"There are eight targets: kindney, heart, throat, spinal column, lungs, liver, the jugular vein, and the subclavian artery. So many choices what vital vulnerable place shall I choose?" Zabuza

Paradoxator: A mythological creature that exist if you dont believe in it and doesnt exist if you do believe in it.

#30    lottie2002

lottie2002

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

• "We've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping." - Blackadder

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

I'm unsure on the last known disappearance lotus sorry i searched but couldn't come up with anything after the 1960's my favorite story is still the Mary Celeste grin2.gif as for the whole compass going haywire problem that can easily be explained drum! The Bermuda Triangle region has some unusual features. It's one of only two places on Earth—the other being an area nicknamed the Devil's Sea off the east coast of Japan, which has a similar mysterious reputation—where true north and magnetic north line up, which can make compass readings dicey

I thought there were more.  I once saw a picture that triangles all over the world, and all of them had the same features apparantly. I think there were 12 or something. It's just that the Bermuda triangle is the most well known one, and the Devil's Sea after that the best known. I'll see if I can find a picture.

EDIT:
here is a picture, second picture from above is the one I ment

Edited by lottie2002, 13 August 2007 - 12:09 PM.

"I believe". With that he started, because he wasn't sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users