Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hercules to appear in the sky

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

July 29
As the sky grows dark on very clear evenings this week, an ancient star pattern can be found almost directly overhead: Hercules, the mighty strong man and hero of many legends.

The stars that compose this pattern are, for the most part, rather dim, and it seems rather incongruent that for such a powerful figure. It is supposed to represent a kneeling man and was known as the "Kneeling One" in pre-Greek cultures.

A check of a number of various stargazing guidebooks might suggest you look for a large crooked letter H, or even a butterfly that can be traced out in several different ways.

A third of the way down the Hercule's western edge is the famous star cluster M 13, which may be glimpsed with the unaided eye. It is a celebrated object; the brightest and most dramatic example of a globular cluster north of the celestial equator, often referred simply as "The Great Hercules Cluster." It's a concentration of over 100,000 stars, located at a distance of roughly 23,000 light years from us.

Globular clusters are masses of stars that typically lie on the outskirts of our galaxy.
go

#2    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

thanks ! I'll keep my peepers open !

#3    DДrk_Lotu§

DДrk_Lotu§

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

great post owls!

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done

I'AM SMISSY!!!!

The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users