Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

do we get to pick our parents?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:32 AM

silly question i know, but i was watching this thing on tv. where the daughter tells the mother "thats why i chose you as my mother"  and it went on, but now it just got me thinking do we do that? do yo uthink we pick our parents? like they give us people we have to choose from and we just pick?? lol sounds crazy i know, but my friends mom is a catholic and she was telling me how they beleive this thing about all babies are with god before they are born and they are little angels. when their time comes they get to pick there parents and they get to see how their life will be wether they like it or not they must live it. and then when they are born all memory is erased. anyone ever heard of that before? i knwo its kind of silly and im not a very religious person, but i do respect other beleives so yeah. had me wondering what u think?

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#2    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:35 AM

silly question i know, but i was watching this thing on tv. where the daughter tells the mother "thats why i chose you as my mother"  and it went on, but now it just got me thinking do we do that? do yo uthink we pick our parents? like they give us people we have to choose from and we just pick?? lol sounds crazy i know, but my friends mom is a catholic and she was telling me how they beleive this thing about all babies are with god before they are born and they are little angels. when their time comes they get to pick there parents and they get to see how their life will be wether they like it or not they must live it. and then when they are born all memory is erased. anyone ever heard of that before? i knwo its kind of silly and im not a very religious person, but i do respect other beleives so yeah. had me wondering what u think?

The Celestine Prophecy also delves into this theory.  It is quite an interesting idea.  Also if you think about reincarnation, supposedly we either gravitate to loved ones from other lives or are born into the same family.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#3    Mighty Arcturus

Mighty Arcturus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:13 AM

To my understanding we do chose our parents and one or both parents were likely known in a past life.  The book "Unveiled Mysteries" is a good place to start when seeking to understand questions like this.

#4    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

well i picked the best mom ever then! lol hey thanks guys!

thats very intresting then, if we do lose our memory when were born.

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#5    swtp

swtp

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:12 AM

Interesting but why would so many children pick parents that abuse them or will abort them? hmm.gif

#6    Madeline

Madeline

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

Interesting but why would so many children pick parents that abuse them or will abort them? hmm.gif

I'm sure I didn't pick my parents.  My mother ran off and my father put me in an orphanage.  My wonderful grandmother raised me, maybe I picked her.

In your lifetime, try to be the person your pet thinks you are.
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted Image

#7    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

I'm sure I didn't pick my parents.  My mother ran off and my father put me in an orphanage.  My wonderful grandmother raised me, maybe I picked her.

You and your grandmother are two of the lucky ones.... original.gif

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,446 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

I don't thing so, but in the "Tibetan Book of the  Dead" they give you a guide on how to pick a good life.

Here was a post about it on UM:
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1773083

It was great, I got if from Netfix.  After I got done watching it I thought "Now I understand how death works." I can't expain it you have to see it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#9    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

maybe you dont know what kid of parents they are just how they look? lol i wouldnt know ohwelll

#10    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

Since I'm a strong believer in Reincarnation, I've heard it said that we do pick our parents, as well as our Life Theme.  And from what I've read too we have spent several incarnations with our current immediate family.  Maybe your daughter could've been your mom in a past life.  One lady was told that her young son was actually her grandfather that passed away.  

I'm almost certain that my father and I shared a past life in a familial relationship.

linked-image

#11    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

I believe we choose our parents and also the basic blueprint for our lives.

It may seem a blase answer, but perhaps the parents chose in their blueprint that they would experience some sort of heartache that they would have to fight hard to get through and perhaps the abortion was part of this plan, it may even be that the child agreed to become the aborted in order to be of service in some way.

As for abusive parents, strewth, the answer to that could be a massive undertaking, it could be anything from the child once being the abuser in another life to something like the child needed those parents for genetic reasons but it's foster parents who they would be forwarded on to, were actually always in line to take care of them.

The possibilities are virtually endless, if we could see these blueprints as a drawing, I bet there would be millions of lines going all over the place.

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#12    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

It may seem a blase answer, but perhaps the parents chose in their blueprint that they would experience some sort of heartache that they would have to fight hard to get through and perhaps the abortion was part of this plan, it may even be that the child agreed to become the aborted in order to be of service in some way.

As for abusive parents, strewth, the answer to that could be a massive undertaking, it could be anything from the child once being the abuser in another life to something like the child needed those parents for genetic reasons but it's foster parents who they would be forwarded on to, were actually always in line to take care of them.

The possibilities are virtually endless, if we could see these blueprints as a drawing, I bet there would be millions of lines going all over the place.

Exactly, and another possibility is that those parents were to teach that child a lesson that they needed in order to live this life as best as they could.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#13    Ciraxis

Ciraxis

I'm back until I get bored again

• 2,214 posts

• Heaven is a place where the trout are always rising.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

i don't think we get to pick our parents, because i'm not sure we exist in any way shape or form before conception

#14    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 13,712 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:11 AM

Yes, no need for me to type anything here. You said what I believe. I'm not sure where I learned of this but you just stated it perfectly. yes.gif I love you hun wub.gif Jody

Posted Image

#15    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,975 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Check out .... "Jouney of Souls" & "Destiny of Souls" ..... interesting reads.

cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users