Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mind Reading And Perception

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    twistedlittleme

twistedlittleme

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• "Welcome to the real world! The lunitics have taken over the asylum!" - The Joker, Arkem Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

I recently met someone who I started to grow akin to. He is relatively sensitive to things around him and other human behavior. He is easily one of the most perceptive people I have ever met and thus far has been able to read me rather well. I do not normally allow people to know too much about me and there are things I have not mentioned to him about my life that I wanted to keep private. He, however has continually made comments about my honesty with him and I know he is more aware of what I think than I would choose him to be aware of. There have been incidences where he has actually commented on what I was thinking in my head at the time without me verbilizing anything.

I am really starting to believe he can see deeper into my head than what can normally just be inferred.
I was just wondering if anyone else has ever been close to or have known someone who had such an in depth perception that they felt their minds were being read.
Please share your stories.

#2    Ght

Ght

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Be my slave. Convert to Christianity! :)

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

I don't know anyone like that. But lol, seems like you should find a way to keep this guy out of your head if you feel uncomfortable about it. ><

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley.

#3    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

I recently met someone who I started to grow akin to. He is relatively sensitive to things around him and other human behavior. He is easily one of the most perceptive people I have ever met and thus far has been able to read me rather well. I do not normally allow people to know too much about me and there are things I have not mentioned to him about my life that I wanted to keep private. He, however has continually made comments about my honesty with him and I know he is more aware of what I think than I would choose him to be aware of. There have been incidences where he has actually commented on what I was thinking in my head at the time without me verbilizing anything.

I am really starting to believe he can see deeper into my head than what can normally just be inferred.
I was just wondering if anyone else has ever been close to or have known someone who had such an in depth perception that they felt their minds were being read.
Please share your stories.

I don't think this person would be able to read your mind word for word, they probably can sense certain things though.  However, the important thing to remember is this, we are all entitled to have things kept private.  If you choose not to tell this person something, then make sure that he respects that choice and does not keep on and on at you to "reveal all".  If he starts to do this, personally I would either steer clear or tell him to butt out of your thoughts as you have chosen to keep some things private - simply because you can.

You did mention that he is more aware of what you think that you would choose him to be aware of, stick to your choices and don't let him start dictating what you can and cannot say or think, that would be unfair to you.

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#4    twistedlittleme

twistedlittleme

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• "Welcome to the real world! The lunitics have taken over the asylum!" - The Joker, Arkem Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

I don't think this person would be able to read your mind word for word, they probably can sense certain things though.  However, the important thing to remember is this, we are all entitled to have things kept private.  If you choose not to tell this person something, then make sure that he respects that choice and does not keep on and on at you to "reveal all".  If he starts to do this, personally I would either steer clear or tell him to butt out of your thoughts as you have chosen to keep some things private - simply because you can.

You did mention that he is more aware of what you think that you would choose him to be aware of, stick to your choices and don't let him start dictating what you can and cannot say or think, that would be unfair to you.

I don't think he means to invade, I think it just comes naturally to him to be able to read people. I really do appreciate what you're saying though and thank you for the advice. I just need to work on not letting my private thoughts bubble up to the surface as much.

#5    Sjnow

Sjnow

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

• Πρόκειται να σας βοηθήσει.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

Never had anyone to read my mind.

The sources are as strong as the winter breeze. So come with your faults; as my mind is at ease.

*.*Strictly Serious*.*

No words are spoken, so shall the history be not that, but to be concealed, not broken. - Me

#6    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

I would be wary of anyone reading my mind.  If I looked troubled, and someone said that I had something going on in my head, then it would be generalized...Now if the same person told me exactly why I was troubled I would consider that eerie...

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#7    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

It is my understanding that the subconscious will only reveal to another what the conscious person would like them to know. For example, if you hipnotise a person and talk with their subconscious, you will be able to verify this concept.

Its my opinion the same rules of communication apply with telepathy. Your subconscious will not betray you.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#8    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

• Time is the teller of all tales great and small.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

What one picks up depends on the level of telepathy going on. Is it actually 'talking' or is it a mind scan?

Telepathy - is mutual sharing of thoughts.

Mind Scan is actually scanning another person's mind. Here there are no Closets, no DO NOT ENTER signs or anything else. It's a path of neuro transmiters that have no "Block Outs" or "Lock Outs" - it's just neuro path ways, nothing more. That is where permission and trust is seriously needed. If you do not trust - then do not allow that to happen.

But for the most part - most of what is thought to be "mind reading", is nothing more than knowing the person well enough that a simple look between two people, they know - because they know that person. The body language, the "look" and such tells them - "Oh ok, time to go..." or as kids will tell you, "don't go there, dad/mom just gave me "the look". We use the term, "You must have been reading my mind..." but actually it's not that at all - it's familiarity w/the person that you just honestly know, because you know that person. Some times empathic sense is at play too, but again this isn't reading mind as it is sensing the emotions of the moment and just knowing from again familiarity of the person and/or the situation and having been there yourself and know the 'look' that you see.

Beyond the testing fo twins - Mind Reading isn't as common as some would like it to be or believe. It's more than not familiarity of the moment....being misinterped as "mind reading".

#9    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

When i was a teenager i used to read woman to get their attention.
You hit the right words, you got them.

Is that simple?

#10    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:35 AM

When i was a teenager i used to read woman to get their attention.
You hit the right words, you got them.

Is that simple?

Yes - especially when you are teenager....

#11    telirium

telirium

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

what you all are talking about are functions of patterns and predictability. people cannot "read" other people's minds. from birth people are bombarded with patterns of behavior that we don't out-right see but rather our subconscious picks up on. as time progresses and we grow, we begin to recognize and manipulate these patterns. sometimes it's referred to as "the power of persuasion".

a child's rhyme stuck in my head...

#12    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:25 AM

what you all are talking about are functions of patterns and predictability. people cannot "read" other people's minds.

Ye, sure, you didn't read our minds.
But JJ and me could read our minds.  lol

#13    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

Hmmm, interesting. I was chaatting with another member last night and she and I repeatedly typed the same thoughts at the same moments...many, many, many times. I really didn't meet her until 2 days ago. It was quite odd. If the other member reads this feel free to comment as well.

I'm not sure WHAT that would be called. A connection? If so it would be my third as of today confirmed. I've been struggling with this for over a month (that is trying to learn to connect).

xo, Jody

Posted Image

#14    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

I'm not sure WHAT that would be called. A connection? If so it would be my third as of today confirmed. I've been struggling with this for over a month (that is trying to learn to connect).

Hi Jody,

As I see it, people are always very connected at the subconscious level. The best way to learn to connect to others is through their subconscious. To become good at that you first need to get better at connecting to your own subconscious. You may well be doing this part very well and not realize it. For example if you stop using an alarm clock to wake yourself up each day and instead rely on your subconscious to do this, you will have an afirmation you are well connected to your subconscious.

Continue this pratice by visualizing conversations with your subconscious self and your higher self to the point where you can identify each of these energy signatures.

If there is another person in your life and they do this same thing, you will also be able to talk with each others subconscious. The last step is conscious telepathy.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#15    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:36 AM

Hmmm, interesting. I was chaatting with another member last night and she and I repeatedly typed the same thoughts at the same moments...many, many, many times. I really didn't meet her until 2 days ago. It was quite odd. If the other member reads this feel free to comment as well.

xo, Jody

Jody - as I shared w/you last night, u r an empath based on a lot of things I've seen you post, state and such. I am still convienced that you are. Now in saying that - when an empath feels and/or senses a masked emotions - "masked" being words and looks are hidding the real feelings that are going on inside the person. Thus when we pick these emotions up, we translate known and understood feelings/emotions into - "ah, this must be going on...." Then people jump to the thought - "You must have read my mind!" - NO! Your emotions gave you away, nothing more and nothing less. <-- Did that make any sense at all????  blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users