Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Early humans in China one million years ago

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:59 AM

August 2
China houses several early-human (Paleolithic) archaeological sites along the Nihewan Basin near Mongolia, some with artifacts that date back about 1 million years ago.

One specific locality in the Nihewan Basin, called the Feiliang Paleolithic Site, where several stone artifacts and mammalian bone fragments have been found buried in basin silts.

By analyzing remnant magnetizations of basin silt layers and comparing these data with charts of known magnetic reversals, the authors identify that the artifact layer was deposited about 1.2 million years ago, just prior to a major climate transition that occurred during the mid-Pleistocene. The transition brought increased climate variability to the region.

This finding, coupled with other studies, indicates a prominent early human presence in the high northern latitudes of East Asia. Further studies on the artifacts themselves could reveal the manner in which humans weathered these climate shifts.
go

#2    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,699 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

August 2
China houses several early-human (Paleolithic) archaeological sites along the Nihewan Basin near Mongolia, some with artifacts that date back about 1 million years ago.

One specific locality in the Nihewan Basin, called the Feiliang Paleolithic Site, where several stone artifacts and mammalian bone fragments have been found buried in basin silts.

By analyzing remnant magnetizations of basin silt layers and comparing these data with charts of known magnetic reversals, the authors identify that the artifact layer was deposited about 1.2 million years ago, just prior to a major climate transition that occurred during the mid-Pleistocene. The transition brought increased climate variability to the region.

This finding, coupled with other studies, indicates a prominent early human presence in the high northern latitudes of East Asia. Further studies on the artifacts themselves could reveal the manner in which humans weathered these climate shifts.
go

I'd heard of a story handed down in China that said that they were much much older than the other races on Earth.  Great article, thanks!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#3    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,592 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

I'd heard of a story handed down in China that said that they were much much older than the other races on Earth.  Great article, thanks!

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but they are referring here to H. Erectus.

Erectus specimens this old and older have been found throughout the world.  China included.

The only thing that makes this find particularly interesting is that no such specimens had previously been found this far north.

There cannot possibly exist any oral tradition among H. Sapiens that dates to H. Erectus.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,242 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Looks like we have to correct our Erectus settlings map.

Good find, good post  thumbsup.gif

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Ght

Ght

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Be my slave. Convert to Christianity! :)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

ohmy.gif

I wonder if they had squinty eyes like modern day people in asia... That wasn't meant to be an insult but I was just wondering of the purpose for having squinty eyes? I've always wondered what they were mainly for... Don't hate me lol.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users