Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaur mass grave discovered

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,730 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

ZURICH, Switzerland (Reuters) -- An amateur paleontologist in Switzerland may have unearthed Europe's largest dinosaur mass grave after he dug up the remains of two Plateosaurus.

The dinosaurs' bones came to light during house-building in the village of Frick, near the German border.

"A hobby paleontologist looked at a construction site for a house and happened to discover the bones," said Monica Ruembeli from the Frick dinosaur museum.

The finds show that an area known for Plateosaurus finds for decades may be much larger than originally thought.

"It could be that the area extends for 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) and in that case, you could certainly say it's the biggest site in Europe," said Martin Sander, a dinosaur paleontologist at the university of Bonn in Germany.

The Frick area contained the bones of one animal per 100 square meters, Sander said, so the entire area might contain bones of 100 more Plateosaurus.
mass grave

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

Now you will find that some of the Did Dinos exist? coming over here to tell you it is a mirage. Good post.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,730 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Now you will find that some of the Did Dinos exist? coming over here to tell you it is a mirage. Good post.

Yeah, really.  I don't know how anyone could be so obtuse as to not believe they existed.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#4    swtp

swtp

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

Yeah, really.  I don't know how anyone could be so obtuse as to not believe they existed.

I have heard people say they didn,t believe in dino,s but i thought they were joking! How can anyone sudgest they didn,t?  blink.gif

#5    bball

bball

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

• "Is that a titleist?...A hole in one."

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

I have heard people say they didn,t believe in dino,s but i thought they were joking! How can anyone sudgest they didn,t?  blink.gif

Ahh, nice to hear people say they can't believe people think they didn't exist. original.gif

Beauty has no imperfections.  Only perfect and beautiful imperfections.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the human imagination.  However, when that imagination leaves the mind, it is fair game.

"I want to leave every conversation knowing more about you than you know about me."
Chiefs RB, Priest Holmes

For every stupid person, there is a slightly less stupid person to tell them how stupid they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users