Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Mothman Sightings

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31    kenshinx

kenshinx

Poltergeist

• 3,045 posts

• oy' this guy

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

The thing to remember is, these creatures are not the CAUSE of the disasters, they are somehow attracted to them.

just like Predator in the movie ? if "It" there to scared people means it warn human right?

I have a copy of the book in PDF format if anyone would like a copy, just send me a message.

well just upload n give us link grin2.gif

I Like Cats

#32    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

just like Predator in the movie ? if "It" there to scared people means it warn human right?

As discussed previously, it is nonsensical to attributes human characteristics to something patently non-human. We can't know what it's motivations are or were.

In most physical encounters, the people involved get pursued by whatever it is. That surely is terrifying, however it doesn't directly link into a warning about an upcoming event. If the intention was supposed to be a warning, it's a very odd and vague one indeed - I've just been chased down the road by an eight foot tall winged being with red eyes - oh, that means the bridge will collapse in a few months...!?

geek.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#33    Everybody's Fool

Everybody's Fool

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:16 AM

i heard Mothman was sighted before Katrina & (of course) 9/11

#34    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:54 AM

Well....

its easy to say that in hindsight.

If they truly are seen before disasters, the true art is being able to decipher their grim prophecies.

Something in the whole of human existence we have never been able to do.

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Twitter me - http://twitter.com/whoissyntax

#35    the lazy skeptic

the lazy skeptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

interesting geek.gif

Posted Image

#36    Nessieman23

Nessieman23

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

WHOO bounce.gif HOO! I though Mothman was DeBunked! Ah, well...Guess I was wrong! This is one of those times I'm happy that I'm wrong! LoL bounce.gif bounce.gif MOTHMANS BACK!
It doesent matter if he's lying or not! My 2nd Favorite cryptid is Mothman!

Edited by Nessieman23, 24 August 2007 - 02:06 AM.

#37    kenshinx

kenshinx

Poltergeist

• 3,045 posts

• oy' this guy

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:09 AM

i believe Nessie is the 1st cryptid,  eh?

the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman, never heard about mothman before katrina

I Like Cats

#38    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• "The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
    — Aldo Leopold

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman,

Wait, what?  I've never heard of this.  Could you give us a little more info, kenshinx?

Posted Image

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." --Oscar Wilde

And because I can't help but still have a fanciful side, my dragons

#39    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

i believe Nessie is the 1st cryptid,  eh?
the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman, never heard about mothman before katrina

wait...what? what do you mean proven to not have been mothman? Who proved Mothman existed in the first place?

You seem to be lost on the concept of 'man' in the title mothman, like its a name given to some legendary beast of folklore that prowls the forests of Point Pleasant and leaves scant clues to its existence like a chupacabra...

it's not a cryptid.

In fact, Mothman in the original story was only a single part of the overall greater phenomenon at the time, which was the great UFO flap on 1966 - 1968. Mothman took a backseat to the sightings that year, with around 100 reported sightings of the entity....compare that to the thousands of UFO reports.....wouldn't it be safer to assume that UFO's are more of a harbinger of death than mothman ever could be?

Loonboy's argument was spot on:

If the intention was supposed to be a warning, it's a very odd and vague one indeed - I've just been chased down the road by an eight foot tall winged being with red eyes - oh, that means the bridge will collapse in a few months...!?

The notion that Mothman is seen before disasters is just playing to our own fantasy about the entity, we're creating story's for a creature that has really only popped up once in history in the form it did in Point Pleasant. Other story's carry similar traits, but it is essentially not the same entity.

You need to understand that Mothman was never the centre of the story....there were far more terrifying events going on at the time in the surrounding West Virginia and Ohio areas. UFO's were seen buzzing the towns nightly, ordinary townsfolk became contactees for alien civilizations, and the word M.I.B was introduced into our vocabulary for the first time.

The fact that it was seen in New York or in New Orleans doesn't fit the profile of the original story....

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”

#40    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• "The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
    — Aldo Leopold

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

The fact that it was seen in New York or in New Orleans doesn't fit the profile of the original story....

So an entity of that sort was seen before 9/11 and Katrina?  I'm confused.

Posted Image

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." --Oscar Wilde

#41    Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

• "In God we trust... The rest pay with cash.

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Everything is the Jews fault isnt it? I bet Mr.Mothman was just there taking in the sights he had nothing to do with the colapse you anti semites.  geek.gif

#42    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

So an entity of that sort was seen before 9/11 and Katrina?  I'm confused.

no no no it couldn't have been seen.....it doesn't fit the profile for the original sightings.

#43    SOUL-DRIFTER

SOUL-DRIFTER

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

• Lifelong Researcher

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

Unless the descriptions match exactly those of the original sightings of MOTHMAN, I would say it is foolish, to think that it is.

#44    kenshinx

kenshinx

Poltergeist

• 3,045 posts

• oy' this guy

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

Wait, what?  I've never heard of this.  Could you give us a little more info, kenshinx?

well... you know.. the old pic of flying things in front of debris.

I Like Cats

#45    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

— Aldo Leopold

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

well... you know.. the old pic of flying things in front of debris.

Nope, sad to say I have never heard of or seen them.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users