Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Mothman Sightings

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    kenshinx

kenshinx

Poltergeist

• 3,045 posts

• oy' this guy

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

this is not the pic i meant

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0005.GIF

Edited by kenshinx, 26 August 2007 - 12:14 AM.

I Like Cats

#47    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

this is not the pic i meant

Not much of a prophecy is it?

Look out for the plane

What plane? ohhh

Seriously, how can that possibly be a real picture that we are meant to swallow as Mothman? even if thats not the correct picture....I bet the one your talking about is just as silly.

Just remember that in the original case there were 100 sightings over a 12 month period, it's not just something that Looks a bit weird on the day. I can't figure out what that strange speck is in this photograph? OHH it must be mothman because he pops up before disasters.

Again, there is no correlation between mothman and impending disasters.

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Twitter me - http://twitter.com/whoissyntax

#48    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• "The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
    — Aldo Leopold

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Again, there is no correlation between mothman and impending disasters.

What about the Black Bird of Chernobyl and the Frieburg Shrieker?  It has been said that they are related to the mothman phenomena.

Posted Image

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." --Oscar Wilde

And because I can't help but still have a fanciful side, my dragons

#49    RushMaiden

RushMaiden

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

The bridge had been deemed "structurally deficient" numerous times, since 1990.  I'd say the bridge just collapsed on its own.

That is precisely my thinking.  I don't think even the Mothman had anything to do with the 1967 West Virginia collapse.

"Franco TRICKS Hitler"

#50    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

That is precisely my thinking.  I don't think even the Mothman had anything to do with the 1967 West Virginia collapse.

true. although its strange that it happened during all these sightings.

the truth is out there....

#51    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

What about the Black Bird of Chernobyl and the Frieburg Shrieker?  It has been said that they are related to the mothman phenomena.

There are strange birds, monsters and other cryptids sighted the world over, the only correlation between these three places is that the areas where these particular sightings took place suffered from a disaster during its history.

Compare the ratio to monster sightings in places where no disasters happen: ratio of monster sightings in places where disasters do happen.....and its completely out of whack. Any mathematician could deduce that the monster:Disaster ratio is easily a coincidence.

Again, mothman was not the centre of the phenomenon....most sightings contributed to authorities in Ohio and West Virginia at the time were UFO and UAP sightings. In fact, all over the eastern coast of the United States there was a major UFO flap in 1966 - 1967.

In fact, mothman wasn't even seen in the last month before the bridge disaster....and the only sighting the month before was an unsubstantiated sighting of a Grey humanoid running across a field in the TNT area. It didn't have wings or fit the description of mothman.

Another fact is this, John Keel was in discussions with several UFO contactees who were all being fed predictions several months before the bridge disaster. Their contactors (Described as native american looking) were feeding them a scenario revolving around the end of the world, which would begin after the assassination of the pope in Isael. A month or so later, the Pope was scheduled to tour Israel, and so the whole notion of Prophecies began to take a dark and sour note to those involved in the UFO research game.

Of course we know the pope wasn't assassinated.

There was no prophecy about a bridge collapse, although one contactee got in touch with John Keel and informed him that he received word from his alien contactor that "A power plant on the Ohio River would explode".

The main prophecy raised by the "Space People" was on December 15, the entire United States would undergo an EM Effect...and the entire electrical grid in the country would be shut down.

As we know, on December 15 1967, at 5:04PM the Silver Bridge that spans the Ohio river and connects West Virginia with Ohio collapsed due to stress and was deemed structually deficient.

Even John Keel writing in the book does not offer any correlation between Mothman and the disaster:

Mary Hyre: "John, do you think Mothman had anything to do with the bridge collapse?"

John Keel: "I don't Mary, I don't know"

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”

#52    I Am Bandit

I Am Bandit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

I am REALLY confused.. ok, I thought Mothman was a funky winged man type thing and yet when I went to the site they are confusing them with thunder birds? Now all the stories of the thunder birds I heard is that they are REALLY big birds of prey (if you don't behave and stay in the yard the thunder birds will take you away and eat you! Yeah my mom use to tell me that lol) Now a neighbor of mine is from Ohio near this bridge thing that fell down or whatever and the way she described him was a man type thing with bat wings... And people just see the mothman, he freaks them out but the old stories of the thunder birds say they will carry off small children. I watch a show on animal planet that had a kid who was attack by what they believed was a thunder bird.  Hmmm...

Doesn't that make them two different things or am I just being anal?

#53    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

I am REALLY confused.. ok, I thought Mothman was a funky winged man type thing and yet when I went to the site they are confusing them with thunder birds? Now all the stories of the thunder birds I heard is that they are REALLY big birds of prey (if you don't behave and stay in the yard the thunder birds will take you away and eat you! Yeah my mom use to tell me that lol) Now a neighbor of mine is from Ohio near this bridge thing that fell down or whatever and the way she described him was a man type thing with bat wings... And people just see the mothman, he freaks them out but the old stories of the thunder birds say they will carry off small children. I watch a show on animal planet that had a kid who was attack by what they believed was a thunder bird.  Hmmm...

Doesn't that make them two different things or am I just being anal?

Well, the native American legend of the Thunderbird has easily been confused with Mothman. However that is not to say that the sightings that contributed to the original legend were not confused with the entity we call 'mothman'.

But to be honest, (and to repeat myself for the third time) Mothman appeared differently to different people. There were lots of reports of massive birds that swooped and flew over cars. One such sighting took place in the TNT area, where a young man saw a large grey eagle type bird flying directly over his car. Around the same period, several pilots at a small airfield watched the large bird fly around the airfield for several minutes.  

In the end, it may not have even been the same entity.

Most people living in the Ohio Valley area didn't even see the creature, there were 100 sightings only in the space of 11 - 12 months. Although UFO reports flooded in by the thousands.

Ask your friend if his parents or relatives remember the fracas that the UFO and Mothman reports caused.

There is no doubt that something was going on in Point Pleasant and in the Ohio Valley, and considering that there was a massive UFO flap (Flap being the name given to an increased sighting period) during 1966 - 1967 over the entire Eastern United states....there is a lot of evidence to support the claims made by those in West Virginia and Ohio at the time.

#54    I Am Bandit

I Am Bandit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Well, the native American legend of the Thunderbird has easily been confused with Mothman. However that is not to say that the sightings that contributed to the original legend were not confused with the entity we call 'mothman'.

But to be honest, (and to repeat myself for the third time) Mothman appeared differently to different people. There were lots of reports of massive birds that swooped and flew over cars. One such sighting took place in the TNT area, where a young man saw a large grey eagle type bird flying directly over his car. Around the same period, several pilots at a small airfield watched the large bird fly around the airfield for several minutes.  

In the end, it may not have even been the same entity.

Most people living in the Ohio Valley area didn't even see the creature, there were 100 sightings only in the space of 11 - 12 months. Although UFO reports flooded in by the thousands.

Ask your friend if his parents or relatives remember the fracas that the UFO and Mothman reports caused.

There is no doubt that something was going on in Point Pleasant and in the Ohio Valley, and considering that there was a massive UFO flap (Flap being the name given to an increased sighting period) during 1966 - 1967 over the entire Eastern United states....there is a lot of evidence to support the claims made by those in West Virginia and Ohio at the time.

LOL Yeah she did tell me about it since I had no idea who mothman was, but mind she's younger than I am and everything gets weirder in the telling. I guess he flew next to a car or something and stared at the people in it. This is a small hicksville type place so my best guess is MOONSHINE (everyone has their own still in that neck of the woods). But since the natives weren't drinking I put more credit to that story original.gif Her parents were probably youngins themselves way back in the day and heard about it from their parents.

#55    Smeagol1

Smeagol1

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

Moth man is a flying version of Trogdor.

#56    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:58 AM

ok im sure that mothman is a very large OWL called MOLOCH

i have seen one when i was 11 i was walking in a dryriver

bottom 4000 ft sea level when i saw slight movement out

of the corner of my eye. i stop turned my head to the right

and i was looking straight at the largest OWL is have ever

seen, it was up in a sage tree, i was about 5 ft tall then and

it seemed about the same size maybe a little smaller 4 ft

still, it just stared right at me, it had large black eyes. i just

back up real slow never takeing my eye off it then when i

got around the bend it ran all the way home. i told my dad

and he said it was just a Great Horned Owl? i seen pics of

one and thats not it had two point above its head but it was

from it tops of its wings not its ears. the natives built a

shine to one in Northern Kali devil.gif  but they must have migrated
linked-image

Posted Image
Stop Following Me Fur Ball

#57    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

linked-image
Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M72zVuBNpEA

Posted Image
Stop Following Me Fur Ball

#58    thisisfunny

thisisfunny

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• HAHAHAHA

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

wow cmon guys are you serious
mothman?
i believe in things like bigfoot and nessie but mothman?
thats like saying the toothfairy is real
idk why some people would report such sightings

IM NOT LAUGHING AT YOU,
IM LAUGHING WITH YOU =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users