Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The thought on time travel

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    bloodygates2000

bloodygates2000

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Friends are to be used and thrown out"
    "Money is more important than family and friends"

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:28 PM

I think if time travel is possible then it would have happened already.
Hitler would not be known and a lot of other things would not have happened.
I dont think that there is a force to make sure that time travekers cant change time. Either time travel is impossible or there are more explanations.
1. Time travel is very impossible.
2. Time travel is so far into the futher that people in that time dont even know of the exisistance of this period.
3. A lot of ristrictions which include no chaging past events.
4. It is still a black project under the books.

Posted Image

#2    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 12:26 AM

or perhaps we we happen to be in a multiverse where everything that has happened in the past has lead us all to this point...
even then, who's to say time travellers didn't create hitler? huh? huh? original.gif

thinking about time travel and its consequences is just one big headache lol
me, i subscribe to the whole multiverse dealio

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (bloodygates2000 @ Dec 24 2003, 03:28 PM)

Time travel is a fact as we are all traveling forward in time in the usual linear fashion

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    fulltimekiller

fulltimekiller

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:22 AM

i say time travel is not possible i cause i dont see someone from the future coming to this time who knows it may come true i dunno im cant tell the future

#5    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Homer @ Dec 24 2003, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (bloodygates2000 @ Dec 24 2003, 03:28 PM)

Time travel is a fact as we are all traveling forward in time in the usual linear fashion

Yay, Homer!  Very well put.  And as we are traveling forward through time, every time we look up to the stars we are looking at events from the far distant past.  Time is very fluid around us.  We are all time travelers.

original.gif  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#6    magic charm

magic charm

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

• never judge a book by its cover

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

I think if you could travel in time who would you want to meet, would you want to go into the future and see what the world would be like, or into the past so you could see dinosaurs. There are so many things i would do and places i would go, i dont think i would be in my own time much at all. rolleyes.gif

im a very big dreamer rolleyes.gif  

if today is the day what is tomorrow!!!!
Posted Image

#7    Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• that which is not dead does eternal lie but in strange aeons even death may die

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:55 PM

gotta say even if time travel was possible there would be so many risks it wouldnt be worth it u could accidently create the catalyst to the whole planets destruction just by speaking to the wrong guy bout the wrong thing lol.

#8    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:27 AM

One interesting thing to think about is what would happen if someone managed to create a time machine and go back in time ? If time is like a string of dimensions ... then wouldn't time travel require them to be unravled ? Would that not destroy the very essence of time ? So even if time travel could be done , it might not be a good idea to try since it just might destroy the existance of anything as we know it .

Posted Image

#9    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:20 AM

Time travel is possiable and we do it everyday!  Airplaines, cars etc.  we have been crunching time with aircraft and automobels for a long time.  I cann't image getting this advance in transpostions be it by land, water or air and then simply stopping research.  

#10    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:09 AM

All this talk about Time Travel kinds of reminds me....

My mother and I, this past December, flew nonstop in a 14 hour flight from New York all the way to Tokyo Japan. We left around 11 AM Sunday morning....and arrived at Tokyo on Monday afternoon around 3PM. Despite having to travel 14 hours, we lost 12 hours of time!

Later in the month, we flew from San Francisco in a 4 hour flight to New York. We got off the ground around noon and by the time we got to New York, it was around 7:30 at night. We lost five hours (or rather, we aged 5 hours less than those in New York).

Then again, when we flew on December 26 from Hong Kong to San Fran, we landed in San Fran on December 25, Christmas Day, we technically have travel back in time because we moved into a different time zone.

Strange and convoluted when you think about it..... ph34r.gif

#11    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:09 AM

you cant travel through time wether it be foward or backward if time doesnt exist, time is something man created, if time were to actually exist then that whole expiriement with the atomic clocks would not have given the results it did, how can time exist if time is different for each individual depending on thier distance from gravity, time was something created in order to keep records of the past, so in all essense we are not all time travelers, we are all just living in the present...

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#12    PoisonedEternity

PoisonedEternity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:27 AM

I think time travel is entirely possible. We just have yet to discover the means of doing it.

The thought of time travel appeals greatly to me. I would love to do it, besides the fact that I strongly believe if we do travel back into time, then we disrupt everything. You change one event or one circumstance, and the world in its entirety is different.  You have just screwed with the entire planet and the "future."

Time is fluid around us, I agree. Rushing past us, its like a river. I believe, if the river flows one way, we can easily dam it up or something, and change the flow of the river.

Just some of my mixed up theories.

| x Jessica x |

there is something about the moment
when you realize that everything that youíve
been waiting for-
For your whole life is standing right there in front of you

+ There ainít nothing like love +

#13    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (seeking @ Jan 5 2004, 03:09 AM)
time is something man created, if time were to actually exist then that whole expiriement with the atomic clocks would not have given the results it did, how can time exist if time is different for each individual depending on thier distance from gravity, time was something created in order to keep records of the past

Time itself is as old as the universe, perhaps older depending on what theory of the beginning is correct. What is manmade is the instruments used to measure time. Time existed, but the atomic clocks didn't. Time is relative, and is it something that passes differently depending on the circumstance, however, we need a manmade object to measure those differences

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#14    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,754 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:50 AM

I really shouldn't mention this....but......... the only way to experience going forward or backward in time would be to enter a parallel universe by travelling through a wormhole.........

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#15    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:03 AM

Time is only relative in terms of how we percieve it. I think it is in a constant "state".  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users