Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What happened to Art Bell?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Dark Star

Dark Star

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I'm not weird I'm gifted!!!

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:02 AM

huh.gif Okay for all those people who know who Art Bell is/was: I'm sure that you heard the rumor that he was forced to stop doing his show.  His internet site now has to be payed for to see for whoever took it over.  A few people are debating weather he's even alive anymore.  I heard that he had his back broken by whoelse?  You can guess.  There's a link below that tells the story I heard.  What's your opinion on this? dontgetit.gif
wacko.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif

Attached Files

#2    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:59 AM

u_u start crapping your pants when david icke, and alex jones turn up dead aswell then we will know something odd is going on. However it is a strange story, maybe it is to push his ratings or perhaps its to provoke the viewer into believing whats hes been saying all these years u_u|,,  .

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#3    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 06:00 AM

I think they killed him. It's their fault. Because they are they. He must have found out something about them, that they don't want him to know. Anyways, no one knows who they is (thats why they call them they wink2.gif ), so it wouldn't be hard for one of them to kill you.  

#4    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:54 PM

o_o they do alot of weird things don't they o_O;;

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#5    Kip

Kip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:20 PM

He was on last night. I dodnt think it was a best of show. Some dude talking about Mars faces etc.

#6    Dark Star

Dark Star

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:28 PM

I don't think it was Art.  As far as I know he's been permenently banned from the radio.  It's probly that boring fill in that replaced him.  I can't beleive they're charging us for the website!

#7    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 27 December 2003 - 10:08 PM

You can't be much of an Art Bell fan if your're not aware of how things have transpired since the article you've linked to was written (late 1998). The problem with the article was that it was never updated, leaving the uninitiated reader clueless and susceptible to all kinds of ridiculous notions.

"You may recall about a year ago," Bell's exit statement began, "I told you that there was an event, a threatening, terrible event, that occurred to my family, which I could not tell you about. Because of that event, and a succession of other events, what you're listening to right now is my final broadcast on the air. This is it, folks. I'm going off the air and will not return."

Bell also said that when the time comes, he would inform his audience of his reasons for leaving through the press and the media.

"Until it is otherwise revealed," he said, "I can't discuss it. I won't discuss it. And if you were in my position, you would do exactly the same thing."

It turns out the 'event' which caused Bell's departure from the airways was a lawsuit filed by Bell against a teacher accused of sexually molesting his son, prompting him to retire so he could focus all his attention and resources to the matter at hand. He was back on the air by March or April of the following year (1999), in fact, which pretty much lays waste to your claim that he had been 'banned' from broadcasting. He 'retired' again in April of 2000, only to return once again later that same year, although he began to rely more and more on 'guest' hosts, especially over the weekends. His final retirement went into effect on Jan. 1st of 2003, when George Noory took over. However, since Sept. Art has been hosting Coast to Coast on the weekends LINK TO CURRENT SCHEDULE - so much for the conspiracy to 'silence' him I guess, hey?

By the way, they implemented the 'premium' pay service to listen to the Art Bell show on the Internet way back in 2001 when the program became affiliated with the Premiere Radio network, so its hardly anything new. Back then you still had access to just about every show that was broadcast through the archives, now unfortunately its only for the last 90 days. I wonder how many subscribers they have to the service, though, as the quality of the programs have seriously deteriorated ever since George began hosting.  

MM

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#8    Dark Star

Dark Star

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:19 PM

huh.gif I know that the article is outdated.  But that's all I know I was just sharing how far along I was.  I just want to know what you people think about his dissapearance adn I guess now reapearance.  I've not been looking up much about him because I keep hearing the same story over adn over againl. a new site would be nice if it had diferent info about him. huh.gif

Attached Files

#9    Kip

Kip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:33 AM

He is on right now on 570 KLIF in the DFW area.

#10    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:14 PM

I used to listen to him.  When you started to have to pay to listen over the internet, I did.  But then it got cruddier and cruddier and cruddier.

Eventually, there was nothing worth listening to on the website so I cancelled, but I still get the After-Dark newsletter which has also been getting worse and worse.

I then started listening to Lan on the-edge.ws but they were having technical difficulties and went to a pay deal.  They never responded to my messages so I just plain quit going there.

In my search for more people, forums, anything strange and unusual I came upon this site and so far so good.   original.gif

Here's to learning more about what we didn't know we didn't even know!   thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users