Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Telekinesis

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#46    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

• Time is the teller of all tales great and small.

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

I actually had an experience different  from "TelekinesisMaster", you can check out what I had to say in the topic "Heroes"

anyways, I think you have to check out everysingle aspect of what happens, and not just for telekinesis, everything! But back to the topic, I could have said I have telekinesis easily because:

E.g. I had 3 stuffed toys beside my head.

Next morning they are at my feet.

THINKING PROCESS: Maybe my parents moved them. Maybe i was stretching and pushed them there. Maybe my bedsheets dragged them down. How can you know if you don't verify?

Then verify it! Get a video camera and have it running while you are asleep. There is plenty of evidence and stories of people PHYSICALLY doing things in their sleep on "auto pilot" - which has NOTHING to do w/T/K or any other Psi Powers.

See this is the thing - once it's tried to be documented - funny thing is ... there is nothing there.... that isn't really just pretty normal ....

#47    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

Then verify it! Get a video camera and have it running while you are asleep. There is plenty of evidence and stories of people PHYSICALLY doing things in their sleep on "auto pilot" - which has NOTHING to do w/T/K or any other Psi Powers.

See this is the thing - once it's tried to be documented - funny thing is ... there is nothing there.... that isn't really just pretty normal ....

But thats just too easy.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#48    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

• Time is the teller of all tales great and small.

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

But thats just too easy.

U think?? LOL .......

#49    jay123

jay123

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:54 PM

as many explanations,hypothesis or whatever you might want to use to prove telekenisis, NONE will conince me as much as a simple video of sum form of it, other than a PSI wheel.
if "its nothing specail"then prove it to the entire world!

for your statements to have any credibility what soever it has to be backed by HARD FACT. without it your statement means as much to me as a dildo to a game of badminton to be quite honest.

It's like the elders told me, no one person can do everything, but everyone can do something.~ Immortal technique & Akir.

#50    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

I actually had an experience different  from "TelekinesisMaster", you can check out what I had to say in the topic "Heroes"

anyways, I think you have to check out everysingle aspect of what happens, and not just for telekinesis, everything! But back to the topic, I could have said I have telekinesis easily because:

E.g. I had 3 stuffed toys beside my head.

Next morning they are at my feet.

THINKING PROCESS: Maybe my parents moved them. Maybe i was stretching and pushed them there. Maybe my bedsheets dragged them down. How can you know if you don't verify?

Are you saying they moved whilst you were asleep?

If so, that is not proof of Telekinesis, because you could easily have moved them in your sleep.

If you can move something with your mind, when fully conscious and it does not involve draughts, then you have a case and if you have a genuine case and wish to prove it to others, it is well worth video-taping it.

However, stuff moving whilst you are asleep cannot be constituted as Telekinesis as movements during sleep, sleep-walking and other people moving those things are all factors to be taken into account and you will not know unless you stick a camera in your room during the night.

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#51    Ghø§t

Ghø§t

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Be my slave. Convert to Christianity! :)

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

When I go to bed my pillow is under my head. When I wake up it's on the other side of the room. ZOMG IM XMAN!!

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.” - Bob Marley.

#52    Nephilim_Slayer

Nephilim_Slayer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

• μέσα στο βασίλειο

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:50 AM

Got any evidence? Didn't think so, because it doesn't exist, and there hasn't been one verified experiment to say it has.

Do you have any evidence against it? Can you prove for certain that it is absolutely impossible? No you can't, so why not keep an open mind to the possibility of it occuring? There is a lot of information out there and stories, some true, some not. But still you are coming across with such a close minded swagger.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Usual Suspects

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

#53    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

• Keepin it real since 1985.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Do you have any evidence against it? Can you prove for certain that it is absolutely impossible? No you can't, so why not keep an open mind to the possibility of it occuring? There is a lot of information out there and stories, some true, some not. But still you are coming across with such a close minded swagger.

People are keeping an open mind. I think the evidence against it is that there is really none to prove it over all these years. People have Claims and that's about it. You're right ... there is a lot of info out there. But information is not knowledge. A lot of people are not closed or narrow minded, likemyself, but we are definitely getting sick of the endless, proofless claims that end up as being someone looking for attention. People need to back themselves up and this business of "oh I dont have a camera", " I dont have this or that" is B.S. If they come here claiming all these things and are not prepared to prove it, then 99.99999% of them are lying. That's just how it is.

"Can you prove for certain that it is absolutely impossible?"  --> Can you prove otherwise?

Gene

Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

The supernatural is the natural not yet understood. - Elbert Hubbard

Oh wow, far out man - Tommy Chong

#54    jay123

jay123

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

the argument of the "open mind" is used against the skeptics all the time. it seems that most "teleknietics" ill call them have an open mind to everything accept the most likely truth!
to be honest i think telekinesis is a lovely fantasy i'd love to have it and im sure most other people would too, but thats all it is as of yet, a fantasy.

how about just for one topic the "telekintetics" keep an open mind. and remember that theres just the slightest of chances that maybe there is no telekinisis. and maybe thats why theres no beluivable evidence or anything extreme has ever been verified or recorded.

in an discussion its important to take eachovers points in, but as of yet ive been offered very little evidence and many tall claims.

It's like the elders told me, no one person can do everything, but everyone can do something.~ Immortal technique & Akir.

#55    St Q

St Q

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Ideas often formulate and evolve within the mind long before any true meaning or practical application brings them into existence. True, many are placed on shelves, fall by the way side, or find their way into sci-fi novels and film. I don't have time to research all the examples, but the works of Thomas Edison and Jules Verne come to mind.

Where's telekinesis going?

Many of us would have been burned at the stake for the powers that we possess today. With very little concentrated effort and physical movement, we can operate small aircraft, open and close garage doors, and change the channels on our TV sets. One day soon, no physical movement will be required at all...

... John Donaghue of Brown University’s Brain Science program and co-founder of Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems is the originator of Braingate, the world’s most advanced cortical/computer interface, a tiny silicon chip implanted on the surface of the brain with micro-wires extending deep into the neural net. With Braingate installed, you can manipulate the cursor on a computer monitor using only the power of your thoughts: telekinesis without the ESP. The device proved its potential when John Nagle, a quadriplegic paralyzed when a knife severed his spinal cord, was able to operate a robotic hand to open his email and change channels on his TV set, all without any physical contact on the part of the disabled man.

Source: A Post-Human Future

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but extra-sensory perception and other paranormal phenomena have been the grandparents.

Edited by St Q, 05 September 2007 - 03:25 PM.

"Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true." - Niels Bohr.

#56    ult3rd1m3nsi0n

ult3rd1m3nsi0n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• "As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine, the world's fine, you're not. Satisfied for once."

"EH? Say What?"

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

Umm.. I was trying to tell people to verify things. and that you can't prove something until you document it, like you said. i felt that your comment was pointed to me O_O. o well =P

It's a, a... WHATCHAMACALLIT! YEAH! A WHATCHAMACALLIT... whatchamacallit...

#57    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

Umm.. I was trying to tell people to verify things. and that you can't prove something until you document it, like you said. i felt that your comment was pointed to me O_O. o well =P

Ahhh ... I thought it was obvious from him quoting you. Maybe that's just me ... I quote someone when I talk to them ... that's just me though.

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

#58    ult3rd1m3nsi0n

ult3rd1m3nsi0n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• "As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine, the world's fine, you're not. Satisfied for once."

"EH? Say What?"

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:27 PM

Ahhh ... I thought it was obvious from him quoting you. Maybe that's just me ... I quote someone when I talk to them ... that's just me though.

NOONONONOONONOONONNONOOOOOOO!!!

Now, im talking to you

BUT. before i was talking to jjbreen

lol. sorry for misunderstanding original.gif

EDIT: I talk like that too XDDD

Edited by ult3rd1m3nsi0n, 05 September 2007 - 10:27 PM.

It's a, a... WHATCHAMACALLIT! YEAH! A WHATCHAMACALLIT... whatchamacallit...

#59    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:01 PM

NOONONONOONONOONONNONOOOOOOO!!!

Now, im talking to you

BUT. before i was talking to jjbreen
lol. sorry for misunderstanding original.gif

EDIT: I talk like that too XDDD

thumbup.gif

#60    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:06 AM

mellow.gif  blink.gif
Look!!!  Who's talking to who here?

laugh.gif

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users