Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Telekinesis

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61    St Q

St Q

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:21 AM

mellow.gif  blink.gif
Look!!!  Who's talking to who here?

laugh.gif

Don't know... I was talking to myself when those guys disrupted me. laugh.gif

Edited by St Q, 06 September 2007 - 01:24 AM.

"Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true." - Niels Bohr.

#62    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Don't know... I was talking to myself when those guys disrupted me. laugh.gif

I know how you feel, I do that when walking along the street laugh.gif

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#63    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

- Post removed -

um yeah right.  Anyway, you got a video to prove the TK or not?

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#64    atom286

atom286

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:05 PM

I have a theory on telekinesis. Please tell me if you think this is right.

A few years ago I found out about Quantum Mechanics. I found it amazing. Apparentely atoms are so small and so hard to gain infomation on they spend most of their lives behaving as probabilities. Now you would say so what but the differance is that when we talk about something in the world up at our scale behaving as a probability it usually isnt behaving that way at all. This is because its large enough for you to be indirectly gaining infomation on it which stops it behaving as a probability even if you dont know about it.

Well my idea is about trances. I notice that when I watch a good film and become encrossed in it I lose my awareness of what is going on around me. So I think that if I am in a deep trance where my conscious mind no longer gets infomation on the enviroment around it, does the enivroment revert back to behaving Quantum Mechanically?

Is somebody doing telekinesis using probability to move an object? Are they creating an area around the object which they shut themselves off to so it starts to behave Quantum Mechanically? They somehow allowing themselves to gain partial infomation regarding movement in a direction?

#65    megashredder

megashredder

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:14 AM

We only use 10 % of what we have in our heads. It’s possible… although it maybe easier to try and see into the future first. I have felt my past lives and I was an Erik there in my past live and I will be an Erik in the next

#66    shadowfrostt

shadowfrostt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:57 AM

I remember when in second grade, my best friend and I tried to be psychics. It was fun! We meditated during recess, and towards the end, we tried to use telekinesis on a single pebble. I was never able to move anything, but she claimed to have lifted her lamp about two inches on one occasion. I have no clue if this is true or not; I am just repeating what she told me.

#67    Brandon1699

Brandon1699

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:26 PM

We only use 10 % of what we have in our heads.

Actually, I think  the 10%(or whatever percent they say) has been proven to be a myth.

Edited by Brandon1499, 11 September 2007 - 12:27 PM.

#68    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

• Keepin it real since 1985.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

Actually, I think  the 10%(or whatever percent they say) has been proven to be a myth.

Yip and I posted this in another thread too .... anyways ... here's an exerpt from it.

"Although folklore would have it that about 90% of the human brain is dormant[citation needed], this has proven scientifically unfounded[citation needed]. The fact that ~10% of neurons in the brain fire at any one time is a possible source of this misconception[citation needed]. (If a large percentage of the neurons were to fire at the same time, the result would be a Tonic-clonic seizure.)"

The Full article: Human Brain

No longer a mystery.

Gene

Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

The supernatural is the natural not yet understood. - Elbert Hubbard

Oh wow, far out man - Tommy Chong

#69    Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

I have a theory on telekinesis. Please tell me if you think this is right.
A few years ago I found out about Quantum Mechanics. I found it amazing. Apparentely atoms are so small and so hard to gain infomation on they spend most of their lives behaving as probabilities. Now you would say so what but the differance is that when we talk about something in the world up at our scale behaving as a probability it usually isnt behaving that way at all. This is because its large enough for you to be indirectly gaining infomation on it which stops it behaving as a probability even if you dont know about it.

Well my idea is about trances. I notice that when I watch a good film and become encrossed in it I lose my awareness of what is going on around me. So I think that if I am in a deep trance where my conscious mind no longer gets infomation on the enviroment around it, does the enivroment revert back to behaving Quantum Mechanically?

Is somebody doing telekinesis using probability to move an object? Are they creating an area around the object which they shut themselves off to so it starts to behave Quantum Mechanically? They somehow allowing themselves to gain partial infomation regarding movement in a direction?

First for this to work .. no one could observe the psychic phenomena (assuming the originator could force himself to stop observing to do this) -- since outside observers would have the effect of collapsing the state. This would be the same issue with your environment behaving in a quantum way -- it's not just you, it's any observer (and not specifically a sentient observer -- anything that observes the objects state). The other issue is that while it is a probability it isn't anything. For example electrons around atoms are deemed to be in a probability cloud. We might not know exactly where they are, but they can't be just anywhere - they have to be somewhere in that cloud.

"Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;"

#70    ult3rd1m3nsi0n

ult3rd1m3nsi0n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• "As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine, the world's fine, you're not. Satisfied for once."

"EH? Say What?"

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:10 PM

We only use 10 % of what we have in our heads. It’s possible… although it maybe easier to try and see into the future first. I have felt my past lives and I was an Erik there in my past live and I will be an Erik in the next

Isn't it only 1% of our brains? we know how we basically use 5-10% but we aren't sure yet...

First for this to work .. no one could observe the psychic phenomena (assuming the originator could force himself to stop observing to do this) -- since outside observers would have the effect of collapsing the state. This would be the same issue with your environment behaving in a quantum way -- it's not just you, it's any observer (and not specifically a sentient observer -- anything that observes the objects state). The other issue is that while it is a probability it isn't anything. For example electrons around atoms are deemed to be in a probability cloud. We might not know exactly where they are, but they can't be just anywhere - they have to be somewhere in that cloud.

It's true, we can't see anything from our scale, but there's always theories

It's a, a... WHATCHAMACALLIT! YEAH! A WHATCHAMACALLIT... whatchamacallit...

#71    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

• Keepin it real since 1985.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

Isn't it only 1% of our brains? we know how we basically use 5-10% but we aren't sure yet...

Can you show me where you read this? We only use 1% of our brains .... some of us, yes, do have an arguement to support this just by reading their posts. But I want to see where you heard or seen this because I think you're replacing "I" with the word "we".

Looking foward to your link and next post,

Gene

Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

The supernatural is the natural not yet understood. - Elbert Hubbard

Oh wow, far out man - Tommy Chong

#72    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

That myth is just ridiculous! 1%-10%,  no.gif  

Somehow, somewhere, someone started this myth and the popular media keep on repeating this false statement  Soon, everyone believes the statement regardless of the evidence. I have not been able to track down the exact source of this myth, and I have never seen any scientific data to support it.
According to the believers of this myth, if we used more of our brain, then we could perform super memory feats and have other fantastic mental abilities - maybe we could even move objects with a single thought. Again, I do not know of any data that would support any of this.

Perhaps when people use the 10% brain statement, they mean that only one out of every ten nerve cells is essential or used at any one time? How would such a measurement be made? Even if neurons are not firing action potentials, they may still be receiving signals from other neurons.

Edited by Tom R, 13 September 2007 - 09:47 PM.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#73    Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

There's an article in Snopes about the 10% brain use urban legend.

My favorite line in it is

Have you ever heard a doctor say, "... But luckily when the bullet entered his skull, it only damaged the 90% of his brain he didn't use"?

"Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;"

#74    Ebdonoianjr

Ebdonoianjr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

Hello people

I am new on this forum because of the Telekenisis!

I wanna know how many people got it

Because i have self telekenisis
Story 1:
When i was around ten years old boy
i was going to bed and i sit on my bed looking to many cloths
then it starts to happen
all the cloths were around... 90 degrees
and then i looked again to my bed and i was thinking i was dreaming
i looked back to the cloths and still around the 90 degrees
and i started thinked other things
on that moment the cloths were again normal
and on that moment i knew i got telekenisis no body knew for years that i have telekenisis because i don't want to tell it my parents
or i am scare to tell it them and show it them because maybe they think how the hell did he do that
I hope you guys will believe me that i got telekenisis

If you guys on the forum have any question about this just ask and go ahead
I will answer anything about this

Btw: i was working by twisting fast a piece of paper and with succes!
       what i will try next is pick up things and then to throw it away

If i am posting in the wrong section of the forum just replace it to the right section!

First of all, welcome to the forum since your new. I don't have telekinesis but I do believe it exist!  If you could get it on camera maybe you can prove to these skeptics that it's real. What do you think about and what triggers your ability? Do you have to use your hands to move things or is it all in your mind??  Thanks for sharing

#75    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

There's an article in Snopes about the 10% brain use urban legend.

My favorite line in it is

lol that was a good one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users