Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where/What/Who is the oldest ghost in present

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    chrisfreak

chrisfreak

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Real men drink beer, eat meat and listen to metal

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

Most of the ghost sightings in present era came from a dead person on present era.. or from World War era... or Victorian era.. something like that...

So... what/where is the oldest ghost that still haunting until today? Anybody knows?

I wonder if there's any haunted place where the ghosts has been around for like... 500 years? Or probably ghosts from the era of Jesus Christ ??

I guess those old ghosts aren't around anymore... what happened to them?

#2    IAN31580

IAN31580

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:43 AM

Most of the ghost sightings in present era came from a dead person on present era.. or from World War era... or Victorian era.. something like that...

So... what/where is the oldest ghost that still haunting until today? Anybody knows?

I wonder if there's any haunted place where the ghosts has been around for like... 500 years? Or probably ghosts from the era of Jesus Christ ??

I guess those old ghosts aren't around anymore... what happened to them?

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD QUESTION. ME AND MY WIFE WERE JUST WONDERING, ARE THERE CAVEMAN GHOSTS?  SINCE THEY ARE IN REALTITYTHE OLDEST HUMANS TO HAVE WALKED THE EARTH.

#3    Libranaster

Libranaster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:47 AM

I know they say there are some sights here in Australia that are haunted by aboriginal ghosts I wonder how old they are?

#4    Jewels1958

Jewels1958

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:48 AM

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD QUESTION. ME AND MY WIFE WERE JUST WONDERING, ARE THERE CAVEMAN GHOSTS?  SINCE THEY ARE IN REALTITYTHE OLDEST HUMANS TO HAVE WALKED THE EARTH.

hmmm maybe that is what Bigfoot sightings really are!  lol  It would explain why no evidence beyond footprints are ever found. wink2.gif

My Portfolio - Writing.com
Sensible Survival
Heaven is a good book in your hand, a cat in your lap and a warm mug of cocoa.
Lissette - My gaming alter ego - MMO junky. :p

#5    Libranaster

Libranaster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:57 AM

You make a good point Jewels

#6    gaia227

gaia227

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:33 AM

I have thought about this too. What about spirits from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt?  and I mean ancient 2500-3000 years ago from the times of Caesar and Cleopatra.  Or what about early homo-sapians when we still lived in nomadic hunter gatherer societies some ten-thousand years ago.  You never here about someone seeing the ghost of a early human wrapped in mammoth skin wearing a necklace of mammoth teeth and carrying a spear of wood with an flint point.

#7    Northawke_rs

Northawke_rs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Well, if you believe in the theory that ghosts can be reflections or echoes in time that somehow are sealed in the environment this would make sense. We constantly renew our environment and therefore there would be a vast amount of 'new' ghosts and less and less 'old' ghosts. And perhaps over time the older echoes stop being as potent as they once were. Or perhaps because there's such a large amount of time between those echoes and us we're simply not capable of 'translating' them properly anymore.

I hope I made sense here. blush.gif

#8    kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• The presence of those seeking the truth is much preferred over those who think they have found it ~ Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:18 AM

Well, if you believe in the theory that ghosts can be reflections or echoes in time that somehow are sealed in the environment this would make sense. We constantly renew our environment and therefore there would be a vast amount of 'new' ghosts and less and less 'old' ghosts. And perhaps over time the older echoes stop being as potent as they once were. Or perhaps because there's such a large amount of time between those echoes and us we're simply not capable of 'translating' them properly anymore.

I hope I made sense here. blush.gif

Yes that does make sense.

This is a very interesting question for sure. I look forward to seeing whateveryone has to say about this.

Read Real Life Ghost Stories ~ Visit My Paranormal Blog ~ Do You Know the History of Halloween

#9    bkroll1

bkroll1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

There are accounts of a legion of Roman soldiers following an old Roman road, so they would be at least 1600 years old. The road they follow is buried under ground now – So all you can see is from their waist up – This off cause is imprinted ghosts, I don’t think I have heard of any “conscious” ghosts from before the medieval period – There might be an expiring-date on hauntings???

#10    veledran

veledran

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

Romans and some occurances in Egypt are the oldest ones I know of. If there wasn't so much fighting going on and people weren't being distracted, I wouldn't be suprised if Sumarian spirits were seen in Iraq.

#11    swtp

swtp

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

Ghost stories and sightings have probably been around as long as humans have, but it really would be interesting to find out which is the earliest written about or passed down story!

#12    IdahoGhostHunter

IdahoGhostHunter

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

i know the oldest reported ghost is thought to be that of the Drummer of Tedworth, but i'm pretty sure "he" is not still around....

Posted Image

#13    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

Maybe hauntings only last a certain amount of time before they 'fade' from the environment? Or the house/structure they reside in gets destroyed so they move on

Or you know when you get told of a haunting and the story goes 'and 100 years ago young Janey was found murdered in the upstairs room so it must be her'. Maybe it is not her and something much older and we just attach it to something modern.

#14    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

swtp on Sep 9 2007, 11:11 AM, said:

Ghost stories and sightings have probably been around as long as humans have, but it really would be interesting to find out which is the earliest written about or passed down story!

Pliny the Younger in Selected Letters around 100CE wrote of a haunting.

http://thenostalgialeague.com/olmag/ghost_story.htm

#15    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,908 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

gaia227 on Sep 9 2007, 03:33 AM, said:

I have thought about this too. What about spirits from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt?  and I mean ancient 2500-3000 years ago from the times of Caesar and Cleopatra.  Or what about early homo-sapians when we still lived in nomadic hunter gatherer societies some ten-thousand years ago.  You never here about someone seeing the ghost of a early human wrapped in mammoth skin wearing a necklace of mammoth teeth and carrying a spear of wood with an flint point.

That is a good question... But really, would we recognize them if we saw them? After all, I doubt that everybody in ancient greece wore a toga and wraps leaves around their heads as they walked arounf in sandals. It begs the question - when a ghost is sighted how do we know what era it comes from? After all, sightings of ghosts dressed in victorian garb may just be people who died while going to a costume ball.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users