Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Your Experience With Sleep Paralysis

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• There's nothing which can't exist

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:57 AM

Aight Wsup Everyone
Ive had Sleep Paralysis for about 2-3 years already and it happens to me mostly every single night...Some people who have sleep paralysis gets the
Sh%& scared outta them. Im a person that has no fear to paranomoral demonic or anything scary kind of things. Ive done Bloody mary by myself Ive gone in the woods at like 3 in the morning by myself. I actually wanna see the devil just to see what he looks like lol. I dont know ive been told i have a twisted mind :] but yea I get sleep paralysis all the time and i experiment with it in a way. Everytime it happens ill try to do different things just to see how different the experience will be this time. Theres once where i just didnt fight back and i guess not fighting back makes the SP stronger because my bed shook hard and I saw a dark demonic looking figure hovering over me and I got this urge to fight back and I did and the SP stopped like 5 seconds later. There was once where I was at my cousins house and I was trying to fall asleep in the living room and it was about 3:30 and I was just laying there and the Sp occured but this one was crazy... When i was under the SP The song *Beautiful People* from marilyn manson came on....I tried fighting back and i was able to move my head like barely to the side and my cousins chihuahua was there looking at me...he had red glowing eyes and i was like WTF. It lasted about a minute. When it ended I didnt see his dog anymore and i was like WTF again so i went to my cousins room and he was there sleeping on the bed...and i was like WTF again lol. I have a sh%^ load of crazy SP experiences but I dont wanna type anymore cuz im sure yall wouldnt wanna read anything to big lol. Oh and when i said *fight back* I mean by like trying your hardest to move and break the SP.

If any of yall have SP tell me your experience well if you want.

Every man has a good and a bad angel attending on him in particular all his life long.    -Albert Einstein

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,408 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

Howdy.

There is a currently active sleep paralysis (and lately, night terrors) thread elsewhere on the board:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=105261

Posted Image

#3    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,735 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

man...u were saying u were experimenting with sleep paralysis..how do u do it? i want to meet some demons..the only ones i have met are real life humans!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#4    thedeveloper

thedeveloper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

Aight Wsup Everyone
Ive had Sleep Paralysis for about 2-3 years already and it happens to me mostly every single night...Some people who have sleep paralysis gets the
Sh%& scared outta them. Im a person that has no fear to paranomoral demonic or anything scary kind of things. Ive done Bloody mary by myself Ive gone in the woods at like 3 in the morning by myself. I actually wanna see the devil just to see what he looks like lol. I dont know ive been told i have a twisted mind :] but yea I get sleep paralysis all the time and i experiment with it in a way. Everytime it happens ill try to do different things just to see how different the experience will be this time. Theres once where i just didnt fight back and i guess not fighting back makes the SP stronger because my bed shook hard and I saw a dark demonic looking figure hovering over me and I got this urge to fight back and I did and the SP stopped like 5 seconds later. There was once where I was at my cousins house and I was trying to fall asleep in the living room and it was about 3:30 and I was just laying there and the Sp occured but this one was crazy... When i was under the SP The song *Beautiful People* from marilyn manson came on....I tried fighting back and i was able to move my head like barely to the side and my cousins chihuahua was there looking at me...he had red glowing eyes and i was like WTF. It lasted about a minute. When it ended I didnt see his dog anymore and i was like WTF again so i went to my cousins room and he was there sleeping on the bed...and i was like WTF again lol. I have a sh%^ load of crazy SP experiences but I dont wanna type anymore cuz im sure yall wouldnt wanna read anything to big lol. Oh and when i said *fight back* I mean by like trying your hardest to move and break the SP.

Not trying to be rude.

You probably have schizophrenia or some similar disorder.

#5    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

[quote name='coredrill' date='Sep 9 2007, 05:14 AM' post='1877155']
man...u were saying u were experimenting with sleep paralysis..how do u do it? i want to meet some demons..the only ones i have met are real life humans!
[/quote

I mean experimenting by like try to do different things when ur under SP like trying not to fight back or having your pet dog in the same room with you whil your under SP see how they react you know.

Every man has a good and a bad angel attending on him in particular all his life long.    -Albert Einstein

#6    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

Howdy.

There is a currently active sleep paralysis (and lately, night terrors) thread elsewhere on the board:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=105261

oh my bad I didnt know they already had one...

#7    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:03 AM

this happen to me a few times. most times it just feels like i'm rising out of my body and i get scared as hell then i wake up. two times though this happened. i experienced the rising out of my body but when i looked i actually seen myself floating above myself...like seeing what i'm doing then sleeping tossing and turning trying to wake up floating above me....that scares the sh** out of me....it hasn't happen to me in about 2 years though.

#8    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

oh my bad I didnt know they already had one...

Actually there are quite a few threads on SP on the board...Hunt around in the paranormal board...they will be quite helpful...

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#9    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

this happen to me a few times. most times it just feels like i'm rising out of my body and i get scared as hell then i wake up. two times though this happened. i experienced the rising out of my body but when i looked i actually seen myself floating above myself...like seeing what i'm doing then sleeping tossing and turning trying to wake up floating above me....that scares the sh** out of me....it hasn't happen to me in about 2 years though.

you actually saw yourself floating... Damn... some people tell me its a demon trying to take your soul away but i doubt its that but who knows.

#10    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,735 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

Aight Wsup Everyone

Man! You are not Experimenting With Sleep Paralysis!
In U-M itself there was a thread on Sleep Paralyis under another thread...
A Visit From A Old Hag

also i read about some experiences ....

A woman awakes in the middle of the night terrified. She attempts to sit up but is unable to move. As she glances at the foot of her bed, she thinks she sees a dark shadow; maybe a person in a dark robe, or perhaps only a shadow. In a few minutes, she is able to move and speak, and the "figure" is gone.

This woman experienced what is known as a Mara, which usually happens at night, either during sleep or during a lucid dream, but the experiencee is always wide awake. Paralysis is almost always reported, and the presence of a figure, which some interpret as an angel, a vampire, a ghost, a deceased loved one, an extraterrestrial, and a wide variety of "otherworldly" beings.

A scientifically baffling characteristic of mara's is the bodily changes that can take place to an experiencee. For example, if one experiences a vampire attack, they may discover puncture wounds on ones neck, which may also be bleeding. Those who interpret the event as an alien abduction, may find mysterious cuts, or particles of matter (implants) under their skin. It has been suggested that the power of suggestion was at work, as the mind can convince the body that it has been bitten, and in response, blood vessels may break, causing the effect of a vampire bite, or needle marks. The mara experience is directly influenced by the individuals beliefs. For example, a religious person may interpret such apparition as a heavenly being, while a UFO-believer may describe the figure as an alien entity.

An anonymous lady described a mara experience where she was woken up just after she had fallen asleep. She felt a presence in the room but could not move to confirm the strong sensation, nor could she make any sound. She began to panic and soon saw a dark shadow in the corner of her room approach her. She then felt a weight on her chest and a sharp pain on her neck. A few minutes later, the pain stopped, and she was able to move again. She rushed to the mirror, and found two red swollen spots on her neck but no puncture marks. In an interview, she said, "I don't believe some being visited me. I had seen a vampire movie a few days ago, and I think my mind simply worked that into some sort of realistic dream or something."

Another story was told by a man who said that he woke up in the middle of the night because he had a hard time breathing. When he opened his eyes, he saw a dark being sitting on him, choking him. When he tried to move, he realized that he was paralyzed. In his mind, he envisioned a cross, and immediately, the being vanished, leaving the man gasping for breath. He also does not fully believe that he had an evil visitor in the night. He believes that perhaps his cat laid on his chest or neck, and in his semi-asleep state, his mind created a hallucination of a dark shadow (which he adds, could have been his bunched up bed covers).

Mara experiences vary between cultures. Tales from Europe and Nova Scotia, Canada, describe a similar experience called "hagging", where an old, ugly witch sits on a man's chest. Other cultures describe dark figures, sometimes wearing capes and tall, pointed hats. Still others have feelings of being raped by succubi or the popobawa of Africa. The religious envision angels, while others interpret the "visitation" as that from alien beings or vampires. Skeptics use this fact to conclude that the maras are not real but merely a figment of an over-active imagination.

So beware that you are not experimenting With Sleep paralysis, Something is using you! Watch Out!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#11    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

Man! You are not Experimenting With Sleep Paralysis!
In U-M itself there was a thread on Sleep Paralyis under another thread...
A Visit From A Old Hag

also i read about some experiences ....
So beware that you are not experimenting With Sleep paralysis, Something is using you! Watch Out!

thats y I put "not exactly experimenting" and how would they be using me...

#12    Uchuujin

Uchuujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:59 AM

Happened to me quite a lot when I was young and always the same way. I would "wake up" paralysed and could only move my eyes. It was like there was a clock counting down from 10 to zero in my head. As it counted down it would become more and more difficult to keep my eyes open but I just, in quotes "knew" end quote, that if my eyes were closed when the counter stopped .... I would be dead !!!

Needless to say I always somehow managed to keep my eyes open, despite the struggle.

I am surprised I have not heard other reports of this "clock".

That was my (recurring) stereotypical "sleep paralysis" moments. There were others that were far less clear-cut.

Edited by Uchuujin, 16 September 2007 - 01:00 AM.

#13    missbeliever

missbeliever

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

When I was young I use to have sleep parlysis a lot just before going to sleep at night.If I was too tired to fight it I would end up being slammed around in my room in the air against the walls.It would begin with a dark rapid shaking in my head,then I would be like speeding through a dark tunnel then I would reach the light of my room where something would be slamming me  against the walls of my room.Whenever this happened I was conscience that I needed to wake up but rarely could without a huge struggle.When I got older I was finally able to fight off the SP .As soon as the dark rapid shaking would start I knew what was going to happen and I would force myself to stay awake.It was a pain in the butt because I needed my sleep for school the next day,but I had to keep myself awake or face the consequences.You get sick of being slammed into walls after awhile!  ohmy.gif

#14    Dark Ang3l

Dark Ang3l

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:17 AM

When I was young I use to have sleep parlysis a lot just before going to sleep at night.If I was too tired to fight it I would end up being slammed around in my room in the air against the walls.It would begin with a dark rapid shaking in my head,then I would be like speeding through a dark tunnel then I would reach the light of my room where something would be slamming me  against the walls of my room.Whenever this happened I was conscience that I needed to wake up but rarely could without a huge struggle.When I got older I was finally able to fight off the SP .As soon as the dark rapid shaking would start I knew what was going to happen and I would force myself to stay awake.It was a pain in the butt because I needed my sleep for school the next day,but I had to keep myself awake or face the consequences.You get sick of being slammed into walls after awhile!  ohmy.gif

haha yea I know how you feel... im trying to go to sleep somtimes for something and it happens and I have to stay awake

#15    The_Crackpot_Realist

The_Crackpot_Realist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Mind my mind...

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

hey...
i have also experienced a lot of sleep paralysis during the evenings....
every once in a while.. i'd wake up and the room would feel occupied..
sometimes.. i'd see entitities around .. sometimes .. i would just feel that there is something in the room...

i remember once... i had a conversation with a friend one day at work..
we're always talking about weird sh** and energy ... dreams and stuff....
and he said.. before he goes to sleep.. he always puts on a protective shield... and arms himself... (figuratively)...
he told me if i ever run into any trouble in the astral... then just create a weapon and destroy the trouble...

so... i was experiencing SP one night.. and it was pretty scary.. there were a few forces of what felt like dark energy around me... holding me down...
I managed to pull myself up... and have strength.. (thinking about the conversation i had with my friend...) and then i realized i could create a weapon...
so i created a cheesy lazor kinda gun.. and "shot" all these demons away.... and i was victorious!  but at the same time... i felt a larger energy presence on the side of my curtain.... it was a huge towering energy.. looking down... laughing at me... ridiculing my actions.. even though i was successful.  

very strange ... but kinda satisfying experience.

SP can be beaten...  it just takes positive thought.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users