Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

For those of you who need proof....

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    Gandalf900

Gandalf900

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Believe Everything and Believe Nothing and then you will KNOW!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:09 PM

This report, "Video Analysis of an Anomalous Object Filmed during
Apollo 16", is found in the "Journal of Scientific Exploration",
(2003),Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 409-433.
The article contains a still photo from the camera footage showing
the UFO near the Moon against the black backdrop of space.
In brief, this Report states that Apollo XVI commander, astronaut
John Young, filmed this saucer-shaped object moving in an unusual
trajectory above the Moon (NASA Film CL-862).
The diameter of this disc was 60-120 km, comparing it to known
craters of similar size. Thus, if we average the diameter estimate
to 90 kilomters, that would make the craft 55 miles wide!
Nakamura reports that the object "appears to be an artificial
structure consisting of a disc that has a prominent dome at the
center, ... suggest[ing] that the object is a very large
extraterrestrial spaceship."

-lori c.

"Believe everything, believe nothing, only then will you know."
                                           -Watana
"This (space travel) is not about charting star systems, it is about discovering the possibilities of exisence."
(paraphrased from Q on the last episode of Star Trek, Next
Generation)

#2    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:59 PM

Just a pointer. When providing such information a link to the source article and supposed picture lendss more credibility to your claim.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#3    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

Spot on Psychoticseaotter thumbsup.gif

Could youplease provide a link Gandalf?It would helpgreatly  original.gif

TFM thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#4    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:46 PM

THIS is the website for the Journal of Scientific Exploration, and while they do have on line access to some sample articles - you need an adobe acrobat reader to view them - the specific article Lori refers to is not one of them. That makes it difficult to vouch for the credibility and/or accuracy of the article, but I found an alternate source that discusses the 'event' which offers a critical analysis in a thorough and professional manner. CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTO AND READ ARTICLE

Magikman thumbsup.gif

Sorry Lori, shot down again. tongue.gif whistling2.gif

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#5    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:31 AM

Gandalf900,
The title of this thread is "For those of you who need proof",but some people will never accept these things no matter how much proof there is.If a ufo landed at the White House and did an interview on t.v. and the president announced that it was real,etc.there would still be people that refuse to belive it.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
~Ambrose Bierce~

#6    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:07 AM

Tess - thats a little unfair, i believe you'll find that those of us on this forum who are skeptical about alien visitations would be quite happy to believe if conclusive proof was presented to us. I have, so far as yet, not seen any such proof.

never take me too seriously

#7    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (PurpleStuart @ Jan 3 2004, 08:07 PM)
Tess - thats a little unfair, i believe you'll find that those of us on this forum who are skeptical about alien visitations would be quite happy to believe if conclusive proof was presented to us. I have, so far as yet, not seen any such proof.

Agreed.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#8    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:37 AM

It may seem a little unfair to say,but it also happens to be the truth.There Are people that are unwilling to open their minds and accept certain things( not necessarily the people on this forum,i'm talking about people in general).You must admit,if a ufo did land at the White House and it was proven to be authentic,there would be a small majority of the population that would never accept it,they would have their own "theory",they would claim it was faked by the govt.,etc.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
~Ambrose Bierce~

#9    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:39 AM

there would be a small majority of the population that would never accept it,they would have their own "theory",they would claim it was faked by the govt.,etc.

well there are people who believe that the bible states the earth is flat and that there is a giant conspiracy hiding the fact the earth is flat from everyone...yes siree, lots of idiots out there:)

#10    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Tess @ Jan 4 2004, 01:37 AM)
You must admit,if a ufo did land at the White House and it was proven to be authentic,there would be a small majority of the population that would never accept it,they would have their own "theory",they would claim it was faked by the govt.,etc.

I'd have to agree with you Tess thumbsup.gif .Most of the people out there say that they need to be seeing the whole event or maybe a very strong and concrete proof in order to believe it,but really that's not the case.I have asked a few people around here about thier thoughts on aliens & they said,"Seeing Is Believing".But it's usually when they see it,they don't believe it! blink.gif  wacko.gif They'd use all those wierd & 'mind-baffling' theories to debunk the whole thing,I think NASA's a pro here tongue.gif .Or even though they had nothing to say,they'd still not accept it & quickly forget about it.It's really clear that a big majority of people in this world are just plain ignorant. sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#11    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:37 AM

They'd use all those wierd & 'mind-baffling' theories to debunk the whole thing,I think NASA's a pro here  .Or even though they had nothing to say,they'd still not accept it & quickly forget about it.It's really clear that a big majority of people in this world are just plain ignorant.

because they aren't stupid enough to believe something without exploring more realistic possibilities first?  

#12    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 04 January 2004 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (bathory @ Jan 4 2004, 05:37 AM)
because they aren't stupid enough to believe something without exploring more realistic possibilities first?

Nope,not that.If you'd watch that documentary about the Moon Landing Hoax,there were reasonably quite a lot of questions that were directed to NASA (e.g. no crater made by probe,shadows not aligned with light and body,how did astronauts resist the radiation out there as thier first time out in space,etc...) & the NASA spokesman did little to nothing in answering those questions,he would just say that the moon landing hoax conspiracy was just rubbish....over & over again.Though I don't quite believe the hoax was there but if I was some amatuer,I'd think the whole moon landing was a hoax myself too.

So with that,I think NASA's doing more than anything in covering everything up. grin2.gif Even the recent case of Sci-Fi suing them for the Kecksburg thing,and up til now I still don't see them giving the whole important info out. blink.gif Personally,I think NASA's crap. tongue.gif

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#13    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:04 AM

Though I don't quite believe the hoax was there but if I was some amatuer,I'd think the whole moon landing was a hoax myself too.

Nasa has been aswering the same questions for years, yet the same idiots keep asking them.

#14    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (bathory @ Jan 4 2004, 09:04 AM)
Nasa has been aswering the same questions for years, yet the same idiots keep asking them.

blink.gif  blink.gif Answering the same questions??....I don't quite get what you're saying there.The people (or public) have come out with related questions but it's always left unanswered by NASA time after time,and they're still seeking to know the truth.But NASA knows that this people are only a handful and wouldn't provide much of a disturbance.Therefore they'd just come out with some wierd excuse or a dumb theory of thiers....and the majority of people would always accept that as a fact without giving much of a thought,which is truly sad. disgust.gif  

#15    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:08 AM

there is plenty of information out there that disproves much of what the conspiracists say, yet the conspiracists still insist on using the same old arguements, the documentary aired ages ago showed that, NASA has adressed those question many times and i'm sure they are sick of people asking them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users