Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Invisability Experiments

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 01 May 2001 - 05:21 PM

Hi all,

The number of views on this particular subject is interesting. Its almost double the number than any other subject. I wonder why that is. Would anyone like to post their reason for being drawn to this posting? It's not immediately apparent from the subject listing that it's specifically about the Philadelphia Experiment. Just curious. original.gif

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#17    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2001 - 05:38 PM

I have been also been thinking about why this post has generated so many views, and here's what I've come up with :

A) It spans 2 pages, meaning someone who looks at   both pages counts as 2 views.

cool.gif It's the first topic to span 2 pages, making it the first one most people read.

C) It's right at the top of the most popular section in the forum

Also, people are drawn to a post with a lot of views, meaning the number of views will increase even faster as more views are counted. Since this post has more views than any other in the forum, it's the most likely topic that people will view.

If anyone has any other reasons why they have been drawn to viewing this thread, let us know ! Lets see if we can't keep this the longest thread in the forum.

;D

#18    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 06:14 PM

I have been interested in The Philadelphia Experiment for a couple years now. Not a specific reason I can pinpoint. Just that it is controversial.
Either it's a government conspiracy, making it a potential scientific breakthrough, or it's an elaborite hoax due to no follow up on the supposed breakthrough, or it's something in between: an experiment happened--insignifacant compared to the legend--and the government covered it up to hide it's embarrasement for failing.

I think it's so mysterious though because if it's real, then why havent there been more experiments, since the first two would have been partially successful. And if it's false, then why is there so many unanswered questions regarding dates/times and the ships log, etc.???

Anyways, it does make a good mystery story original.gif

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#19    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 08:15 PM

Gareth,

Very good explanation. I wasn't aware of the fact that a 2 page post would count as 2 views. A posting with a high number of hits would also prompt me to view it even if I was not particularly interested in the subject at first. Mystery solved, and here I thought I had uncovered a grand conspiracy formulated by the evil administrators of this website, seeking to gain control by some devious mind control experiment.  ohmy.gif  tongue.gif

Magikman(or am I?) ???

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#20    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2001 - 08:42 PM

LOL  ;D

Incicently, we now only need 1 more post in this thread to make it the first "Very Hot Topic".

;D

P.S. The mind control experiments are yet to come.

wink2.gif

#21    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 12:01 AM

Hello?,

Something made me come here.......

need to post message.....don't know why.....

Please

HELP

me

Magik something or other(can't remember)

#22    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 01:04 PM

LOL  

I think we've lost the plot a bit on this thread haven't we

;D

#23    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 03:11 PM

plot...???     thread...???

oh yeah. But how about those numbers. Im like #202 or something.

#24    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 03 May 2001 - 07:23 PM

Oh, you guys, are you just going for the record? Well, let me help!!! But really, like a former post said, I have always been interested in how the military explained to the families of those sailors what (supposedly) happened to them. I was once told, by a retired military man, that many times on ships, when pilots got into 'dog fights' with enemy planes(during peacetime)and were killed, their families were told they had an accident, so they wouldn't want retribution for their loved ones' death, by another country! Hope this hasn't gone off the subject!  :-[

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#25    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 02:31 AM

Nora,

Actually, it was a side-effect of the mind control device implanted subliminally into the HTML code by devious programmers hired by the evil WEBMASTER of this site. I have sucessfully countered its dangerous force by wrapping my head in Reynold's aluminum foil. A word of warning though, don't operate a microwave while wearing this protective device. tongue.gif

Seriously though, another good question to ask would be why the Navy would conduct an experiment in an unsecured area in plain view of thousands of potential witnesses? The port in Philadelphia was used by civilian boats as well as military, and any attempted experiment would hardly have been secret. It's amazing that Carl Allen was the only one to have reported this totally mind-numbing occurance. Even the Naval base at Norfolk would have been more ideal, as that was a secure facility, and only six hours away from the port in Philadelphia. Interesting how all these other "witnesses" began turning up only after the publication of the book by Charles Berlitz.

Magikman

#26    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 11:55 AM

That secret HTML code works pretty well don't you think - LOL. It's certainly worked wonders on this thread  :original.gif

Back to the subject of Invisability Experiments, and it strange where the military decide to test these things out. UFO's for example - some which are obviously Test Aircraft, have been seen over highly populated cities for years. The Stealth Fighter series was originaly seen on numerous ocassions over populated areas as well, back when it was a black project. I suppose trying to
make an entire Battleship disappear is something you just can't do very well in secret. Still as you say, they could have chosen a much more secure location than they allegedly did.

#27    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 07:28 PM

Hi.  Thanks for writing about this.  I didnt know anything about the Philaedelphia Experiment until now.  Im going to do some more reaserch on the subject.  Thanks.

Jamie

#28    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 08:17 PM

Gareth,

Exactly, and for that point you have stated perfectly the reason for the existance of Area 51. A highly secure, out of the way place created for the sole purpose of developing and testing top secret aircraft. They aren't rolling these things out of hangers at O'Hare field in Chicago in plain view of everyone and their mother. Extreme care is taken to insure the secrecy of these 'experiments'. Of course, being aircraft they have to travel over populated area's eventually, but by the time they do that, they are at such a height as to be pratically imperceitable, or mistaken as UFO's, which in any case would protect their design and capabilities awhile longer.

Magikman

#29    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 11:10 AM

Geographically it would be the perfect place for a military testing base. Large area with little population.

And using the UFO theory seems to be the perfect cover up. Whether it was made up by the military for a cover up, or said by others and the military decided to go with it.

It all seems like logical, like the pieces of a puzzle coming together.

Homer

#30    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 12:52 PM

Speaking of good places for secret military test bases, I've heard theories that suggest that such bases could be contructed under the ocean, or even on the far side of the moon. For all we know, such locations may have already been used for these purposes. Imagine how secure and secret a moon base would be for testing new types of space craft for example. Given the costs involved in such a project however, it is highly unlikely a moon base would have been constructed solely for that purpose. Maybe in the future though, when space travel is much much cheaper, and high speed space craft are the latest black projects,  future Area 51 equivalents may not be on planet earth at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users