Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

does god exist

sonofkrypton

i'd like to share a little experience that happened to my cousins family:-

I am a complete atheist as is my cousin and her husband they have a son of 4yrs and have just had another baby now jack the 4 yr old keeps pestering his mum to be left alone with the baby they are a little apprehensive but last week they agreed but unknown to him they kept the baby monitors on so they could hear what was being said jack closed the living room door and his parents went into the other room (now bear in mind they have NEVER so much have mentioned the bible,god,jesus or any other religious aspect)he whispered to the baby'' baby tell me about god and the angels i'm forgetting!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Xenojjin

• Novo

• Seraphina

That gave me chills!!!!! w00t.gif

Wow!

And yes... as far as I am concerned God does exist...I feel lucky to such a strong faith in God! wink2.gif

Thanks for sharing!!

God exist there is no doubt in my mind...

Believe me I saw Jesus in my dream..

sorry I don't want to share that story..just one time he was in my dream..just one... crying.gif

I saw Freddy Kruger in my dreams - not once but on several occasions.

Guess i better watch out then...

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Dowdy, I like the way your mind works...

I'd suggest changing the title of this thread though...religious debates, done to death, and if one starts, I know I'm going to end up on the front line of it, tearing through illogic with an attempt at rationality, which will be quickly dismissed in favour of ten thousand year old mistranslated text.

Charming little story though...I suppose the kid's curious to hear about it all. I remember in primary school (elementary school to americans) we were force fed hyms and bible stories all the time...curiousity wasn't something I had the luxury of being afforded disgust.gif

I almost cried when I read this. crying.gif

See this is why children never question the existents of god and other things, they already know, like we did once! sad.gif

remember in primary school (elementary school to americans) we were force fed hyms and bible stories all the time...

Not a four tho seraphina. You would have been far too young. wink2.gif

Its a really cool story and although it shouldn't be its kinda creepy, but maybe thats just because i am imagining how it would be portrayed in a movie.

You know in a Shining type redrum scene crying.gif .

Maybe someone else in the family is feedin the kid some religious ideas, if not then......, anyway cool story thumbsup.gif

I must admit, I don't know what's creepy about the story...the child had obviously heard stories of 'baby Jesus' from somewhere (you don't have to look very hard to find out about religion), perhaps not long before this brand new baby was born...why wouldn't a young mind apply some kind of significance to it?

I don't think there's anything creepy about it huh.gif My father had a beard, and was a teacher...for the first few years of my life, I believed that all men with beards were teachers tongue.gif Maybe he thought all babies were holy rolleyes.gif

Thing is wot does the story have to do with the existence of god though? dontgetit.gif

Oh an seraphina you could be right about that it has just been xmas!! lol so there really wouldnt have been a better time for a chance encounter with a story about the baby jesus wink2.gif

Like I ask .... why the hell are you people so curious about life? death? who cares.... all your questions will be answered one day..Cant you people just be damn patient?

Wooo , I dont think this will turn into religous debate since no one else wants to .

* jumps around in corner * nobody ever changes their opinions in any way in those debates anyway . It ends up like that since in reality we can never know

100 %if god exists or doesnt , he is scientifically impossible to disprove . Religious debates always go like this

ATHEIST

The bible is false *Rambles* because *some text* contradicts *some other text* cool.gif

NON ATHEIST

that text doesnt contradict itself because it really means *Rant* grin2.gif

ATHEIST

what about *this text* ... *rambles about logic behind evolution* blink.gif

NON ATHEIST

that text is fine because *Rambles* ... *rambles about illogic in evolution* laugh.gif

ATHEIST

*rambles about more logic in evolution and illogic in creation* grin2.gif

NON ATHEIST

*rambles about creation vs desighn issues and throws in some morals from bible* ph34r.gif

ATHEIST

*rambles* wacko.gif

NON ATHEIST

*rambles* wacko.gif

BOTH

*go on in repetitive fashion for 2 more pages* tongue.gif

MODERATER

Do either of you have cosmicly intelligent minds that see all + know all to know what logic behind where we came from is superstition / bogus theories by 100% ? I didnt think so ... *Closes thread* disgust.gif

He is saying god cant exist since monkeys are still around , ( obvious ). assuming somehow that evolution goes hand in hand with gods creation and that since monkeys are still around if their was a god their would be no need for monkeys ( were this comes from I do not know ) and since monkeys exist god must not exist either since the void is a cosmicly enhanced higher being that knows all , see's all , and can tell all . blink.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

ATHEIST

The bible is false *Rambles* because *some text* contradicts *some other text* 

NON ATHEIST

that text doesnt contradict itself because it really means *Rant* 

ATHEIST

what about *this text* ... *rambles about logic behind evolution* 

NON ATHEIST

that text is fine because *Rambles* ... *rambles about illogic in evolution* 

ATHEIST

*rambles about more logic in evolution and illogic in creation* 

NON ATHEIST

*rambles about creation vs desighn issues and throws in some morals from bible* 

ATHEIST

*rambles* 

NON ATHEIST

*rambles* 

BOTH

*go on in repetitive fashion for 2 more pages*

*giggles* you give far to much credit to your theist brethren.

trying to disprove evolution is like trying to disprove the moon landings:)

as for contradictions in the bible, there are plenty, thats a fact, twisting the meanings around in an attempt show otherwise is plain silly:)

you should have said

"logic wins"

"theist puts fingers in ears and sings"

and then have the mod enter the picture:)

remember kiddies, faith is not proof.

*coughs* apperantly bathory also knows everything , for he is always right . Their is no way evolution cannot be responsible for all that is . It is logical because bathory says so . Bathory must be right .

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

*cough*

trying to disprove evolution is like trying to disprove the moon landings:)

as for contradictions in the bible, there are plenty, thats a fact, twisting the meanings around in an attempt show otherwise is plain silly:)

remember kiddies, faith is not proof.

Ok Bathory; then lets try and disprove the lunar landing so to speak. But lets assume for the moment that Evolution is completely responible for everything that exist; there is no intelligent design (this includes all "Alien breeding theories") in anything in this part of Space-Time. We will say for the sake of arguement that it all really did start out with a "Big Bang," caused by a chunk of compressed matter. This "Big Bang" then in time brought about the solar system; and in such a way that it is able to sustain life. Completing the circle by actually creating living cells, out of non-living cells; and all merely by chance.

There is a few "contradictions" that I see in this explaination.

1. Where did the matter that started the "Big Bang" come from if the "Big Bang" is responsible for creating everything?

2. How do planets arrainge themselves so that they are suitable for life forms; when the planet does not think, and therefore cannot calibrate itself to fit those life forms.

3. How does a fried out chunk of non-organic dust become alive anyways?

Oh! And remember we need proof! Faith in Evolution will not work! thumbsup.gif

1. Where did the matter that started the "Big Bang" come from if the "Big Bang" is responsible for creating everything?

perhaps it was always there? perhaps the universe is in a constant cycle of being reborn? just because we can't answer that is in no way evidence of a creator god...

what created god?

How do planets arrainge themselves so that they are suitable for life forms; when the planet does not think, and therefore cannot calibrate itself to fit those life forms.

they don't...where the heck did you come up with that one?

How does a fried out chunk of non-organic dust become alive anyways?

well think about it, everything at its most basic form is made up of 'non-organic dust', as far as my understanding of it is, chemical reactions occured, creating amino acids, amino acids form together creating proteins, etc etc Seraphina could most likely explain it far better than i can

Oh! And remember we need proof! Faith in Evolution will not work!

now you guys will whine about me using a link as a proof, but i'm not about to go and write up pages and pages of crap just to satisfy your urges:)

some proofs of evo

now if you actually read it, please feel free to comment on and dispute anything there.

care to offer some creationist evidence?..

apperantly bathory also knows everything , for he is always right . Their is no way evolution cannot be responsible for all that is . It is logical because bathory says so . Bathory must be right .

actually, its logical because when logic is applied to it, it stands the test...

but points for trying:)

Going off at an angle here: -

Isn't it good to finally see a 'religious' discussion not go up in flames after the first three posts? So refreshing.

Great experience with the child, I'd have loved to hear it. Thanks for sharing it. As for the question of the existence of God, I think the only evidence someone can have is their own experience. As this can be life changing, and mean a lot to them, they become very offended if someone else ridicules that experience, and the person. It is for this reason that some choose not to reveal the experience, or at least not all of it. On the other hand, someone who has not had an experience like that may wonder why it couldn't happen for them, and since there's nothing wrong with them then the experience must not be true. And then there are others who've been mistreated in some way associated with a certain belief. They seem to want to prove that every thing about that belief is wrong, to vindicate the hurt they felt. There are those that have a belief, yet decide that their belief is the only one that is right, and all others are wrong. I beleve these people have a deep fear of the unknown.

They all have something in common.

I'm sorry to say this sonofkrypton, but I'm extremely sceptical that this story ever happened, for the simple reason that I've already read it somewhere else. It's been around for a while now, and seems to be nothing more than an urban legend.

ASLAN i'm only relaying something i was told being an atheist i dont personally know what to think and having only met this boy twice b4 i would not like to call him or a family member i only posted it as a conversation piece to learn what other people think, i'm sorry if it appears to be a lie sad.gif

my my my...well, spoke too soon of the religious debate front, didn't I? tongue.gif

apperantly bathory also knows everything , for he is always right

Better to be all knowing than all following wink2.gif