Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

does god exist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#1    sonofkrypton

sonofkrypton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:22 PM

i'd like to share a little experience that happened to my cousins family:-

I am a complete atheist as is my cousin and her husband they have a son of 4yrs and have just had another baby now jack the 4 yr old keeps pestering his mum to be left alone with the baby they are a little apprehensive but last week they agreed but unknown to him they kept the baby monitors on so they could hear what was being said jack closed the living room door and his parents went into the other room (now bear in mind they have NEVER so much have mentioned the bible,god,jesus or any other religious aspect)he whispered to the baby'' baby tell me about god and the angels i'm forgetting!!!

To be truly immortal you must first live a life worth remembering - Brandon Lee

#2    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:50 PM

That gave me chills!!!!!  w00t.gif

Wow!

And yes... as far as I am concerned God does exist...I feel lucky to such a strong faith in God!  wink2.gif

Thanks for sharing!!    

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#3    Bangali

Bangali

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:58 PM

God exist there is no doubt in my mind...

Believe me I saw Jesus in my dream..

sorry I don't want to share that story..just one time he was in my dream..just one... crying.gif  

#4    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 08 January 2004 - 09:26 PM

huh.gif  

Edited by Cufflink, 08 January 2004 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#5    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:13 PM

I saw Freddy Kruger in my dreams - not once but on several occasions.

Guess i better watch out then...

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#6    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:19 PM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif Dowdy, I like the way your mind works...

I'd suggest changing the title of this thread though...religious debates, done to death, and if one starts, I know I'm going to end up on the front line of it, tearing through illogic with an attempt at rationality, which will be quickly dismissed in favour of ten thousand year old mistranslated text.

Charming little story though...I suppose the kid's curious to hear about it all. I remember in primary school (elementary school to americans) we were force fed hyms and bible stories all the time...curiousity wasn't something I had the luxury of being afforded disgust.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#7    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

I almost cried when I read this.  crying.gif
See this is why children never question the existents of god and other things, they already know, like we did once!  sad.gif

#8    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

remember in primary school (elementary school to americans) we were force fed hyms and bible stories all the time...

Not a four tho seraphina. You would have been far too young.  wink2.gif

Its a really cool story and although it shouldn't be its kinda creepy, but maybe thats just because i am imagining how it would be portrayed in a movie.
You know in a Shining type redrum scene crying.gif .

Maybe someone else in the family is feedin the kid some religious ideas, if not then......, anyway cool story thumbsup.gif  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#9    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:07 AM

I must admit, I don't know what's creepy about the story...the child had obviously heard stories of 'baby Jesus' from somewhere (you don't have to look very hard to find out about religion), perhaps not long before this brand new baby was born...why wouldn't a young mind apply some kind of significance to it?

I don't think there's anything creepy about it huh.gif My father had a beard, and was a teacher...for the first few years of my life, I believed that all men with beards were teachers tongue.gif Maybe he thought all babies were holy rolleyes.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#10    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:13 AM

Thing is wot does the story have to do with the existence of god though? dontgetit.gif  

saorsa na h-alba

#11    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:14 AM

Oh an seraphina you could be right about that it has just been xmas!! lol so there really wouldnt have been a better time for a chance encounter with a story about the baby jesus wink2.gif  

saorsa na h-alba

#12    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:41 AM

Like I ask .... why the hell are you people so curious about life? death? who cares.... all your questions will be answered one day..Cant you people just be damn patient?

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#13    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:52 AM

Wooo , I dont think this will turn into religous debate since no one else wants to .
* jumps around in corner * nobody ever changes their opinions in any way in those debates anyway . It ends up like that since in reality we can never know
100 %if god exists or doesnt , he is scientifically impossible to disprove . Religious debates always go like this

ATHEIST
The bible is false *Rambles* because *some text* contradicts *some other text* cool.gif

NON ATHEIST
that text doesnt contradict itself because it really means *Rant* grin2.gif

ATHEIST
what about *this text* ... *rambles about logic behind evolution* blink.gif

NON ATHEIST
that text is fine because *Rambles* ... *rambles about illogic in evolution* laugh.gif

ATHEIST
*rambles about more logic in evolution and illogic in creation*  grin2.gif

NON ATHEIST
*rambles about creation vs desighn issues and throws in some morals from bible* ph34r.gif

ATHEIST
*rambles* wacko.gif

NON ATHEIST
*rambles* wacko.gif

BOTH
*go on in repetitive fashion for 2 more pages* tongue.gif

MODERATER
Do either of you have cosmicly intelligent minds that see all + know all to know what logic behind where we came from is superstition / bogus theories by 100%   ? I didnt think so ... *Closes thread*   disgust.gif

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#14    Void

Void

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:57 AM

If there is a God then why are there still munkeys?

#15    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Void @ Jan 8 2004, 09:57 PM)
If there is a God then why are there still munkeys?

What does that have to do with it? dontgetit.gif  

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
~Ambrose Bierce~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users