Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clock going backwards

mind

Hi,

anyone knows the phenomena of a quarts wall clock starting to go backwards?

In my extended family a clock (year old) started suddenly to go backwards. Since there were some anomalies in this apartment the owner started to think about some paranormal explanations.

I've never heard of a clock going backwards and could find anything about this on the internet (except clocks specifically designed this way, for amusement).

Hi,

In my extended family a clock (year old) started suddenly to go backwards. Since there were some anomalies in this apartment the owner started to think about some paranormal explanations.

I've never heard of a clock going backwards and could find anything about this on the internet (except clocks specifically designed this way, for amusement).

Perhaps it is a defection in the clock, have you taken it apart and taken a look inside? Do they have other clocks that also go backwards for example alarm clocks, wrist watches etc.

Perhaps it is a defection in the clock, have you taken it apart and taken a look inside? Do they have other clocks that also go backwards for example alarm clocks, wrist watches etc.

I also think it is a defection in the clock, although it's a very strange defection, so I though I'll ask here anyway.

By the way, this morning the clock started to go forward again.

Go figure.

Hi,

Sell it on Ebay and make some serious cash!! I mean if a pizza w/the face of Jesus on it can sell ... hell this should rake in some $$$ - just promo it correctly ...

I don't think it really means anything. In school the clock in the band room would stop and go backwards for a moment before going fowards again. It really sikes you out when you're watching it and waiting for the bell to ring

Hi,

Actually, in a lot of clocks, if you install the battery backwards, the clock will run backwards. No joke.

Actually, in a lot of clocks, if you install the battery backwards, the clock will run backwards. No joke.
Yes, done it before. Not really a joke.

I could explain it.

Hi,

What ever happened to some good old fashioned sheets flying across the room, cups flying off a desk, or books flying out of a shelf? Anything that is electronic or mechanical can malfunction....

Orbs, backwards clocks, static in the TV, EVPS, are all UNRELIABLE because they can ALWAYS merely be malfunctions or interference.

• 8 years later...

Recently I've noticed that my wall clock started to go backwards second or two seconds but only if I accidentally looked at it. If I looked at the clock in purpose to see a clock going backwards, it never happened. I tried to find an explanation, but I failed. In the beginning I thought something was wrong with the clock but eventually I came to conclusion that everything was just fine with the clock and that the clock was working completely normal. Couple of days after I went to the dentist and while I was waiting on my turn i accidentally looked at the wall clock in the waiting room and second hour hand made one step backwards. One month after that I went to the barbershop and same thing happened again.I must add that some other things happened, ( not related to the clock issue), and even more strange, but I don't want to go out of topic. Please, need some explanation. Anyone has (had)

experienced such an event?

• Like 1

Hi,

New one to me. Closest thing I ever saw to have that effect was I had a battery quartz on wall. When long hand was trying to go up but it ends up dropping backwards a few minutes goes forward and drops back. It just needed a new battery but it was entertaining watching try to go up and do its reverse thing. Last throngs of death for a battery in a cheap clock in my case.Battery might also not be in all the way sometimes.

Edited by White Unicorn

Recently I've noticed that my wall clock started to go backwards second or two seconds but only if I accidentally looked at it. If I looked at the clock in purpose to see a clock going backwards, it never happened. I tried to find an explanation, but I failed. In the beginning I thought something was wrong with the clock but eventually I came to conclusion that everything was just fine with the clock and that the clock was working completely normal. Couple of days after I went to the dentist and while I was waiting on my turn i accidentally looked at the wall clock in the waiting room and second hour hand made one step backwards. One month after that I went to the barbershop and same thing happened again.I must add that some other things happened, ( not related to the clock issue), and even more strange, but I don't want to go out of topic. Please, need some explanation. Anyone has (had)

Change the batteries.

2007 thread? Old-school! :)

Rrrrrrr I hate when that happens

Take it, or call a clock/watch repair shop.......Best and easiest answer there.

and this.....

• 8 years later...
On 10/31/2015 at 12:53 PM, misterno49 said:

I realise its an old post.  But yes this happens to me all the time.

9 hours ago, lucids said:

It's not an old post it's the clock's fault.

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 6:13 AM, lucids said:

Optical Delusion.

On 9/30/2007 at 5:05 PM, Jjbreen said:

Sell it on Ebay and make some serious cash!! I mean if a pizza w/the face of Jesus on it can sell ... hell this should rake in some $$$ - just promo it correctly ...

OP says it is working normally now.