Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Front Page Design / News Archives

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,957 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 August 2002 - 07:50 PM

I've made a few updates to the main page of the site. In addition to the new news column submission section being added,  the site updates are now listed near the top, along with a few other minor design changes.

The news archives feature will be along soon. News items that are older than a certain number of days will be archived in a new section that you will be be able to browse through at any time.

Keep a look out for that, along with a few other news column features, front page additions and forum updates, coming soon.

:sk

#2    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:34 PM

Gareth,

As always, you've done an incredible job, the main page is very professional and extremely attractive.  :sk :sk

Considering all the time and effort you've put into your web site, have you ever thought about becoming a sponser for Amazon.com? The ad space required is minimal and they offer attractive commisions for any business you generate for them. In some small way it's a chance for those of us to show you our appreciation for your work, I know I would make use of it if you received a benefit from anything I purchased. Just a thought.   :su

Magikman  :D

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,957 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:04 PM

MM,

Unfortunately on-line advertising has gone downhill over the last few years, and ever since then I have had little success generating any revenue from advertising on the site. I used to advertise books on the site a couple of years back, but I've never got around to doing anything similar on the current site.

On saying that however, I still have everything I need to advertise a few books on the site. Once I have everything on the main page working, I'll see about fixing up some sponsors. There are a lot more visitors to the site now than there has ever been in the past, so it's certainly worth a try.  ;D

:su

#4    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:12 PM

Awesome job Gareth!  8)

:sk

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#5    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 22 August 2002 - 11:43 PM

:st Well Done Gareth I'm so impressed :o

:sk* round of applause and take a bow* :sk

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 03:59 AM

It looks great Gareth. Your continuous improvements keeps getting better and better.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#7    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 23 August 2002 - 05:21 AM

Saruman the Remarkable!!!  
               Excellent work Gareth!!   ;)

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#8    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,957 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for all your comments.  :)

:su

#9    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 23 August 2002 - 01:32 PM

Great job SaRuMaN!! :sk :D

Odin S. :s9