Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beyond the Border of Space.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

I like to think of the Stephen King explanation in It - beyond the end of the universe are the deadlights...

tongue.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#17    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

"Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi" No argument.  Space within is also Space without! And????????........

#18    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

As I have stated, two fundamental constant's have been observed, Space, Time; I'll throw some more in to this expanding story Light and sound, obviously still more are required to fully observe this Never Never, can anyone help?..

#19    dest_titor1

dest_titor1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Are you in Plato`s cave, or are you on the surface?
    (Plato`s cave allegory)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

super string theory states that out universe could be curved like a calabi-yau shape or could be shaped like a giant torus (do-nut) I would think that space`s ending is always being pushed back (inflation)

space could expand into more space but mathematically we see that the universe is at a constant size in a multi-verse but the space is being created and krimping in higher dimensions, the size of our universe is larger on the inside than on the outside (I like to call this the TARDIS effect)

Edited by dest_titor1, 22 October 2007 - 11:56 PM.

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings

Socrates

Silence is the virtue of fools.

Sir Francis Bacon

The glass is never half full or half empty, the glass is just twice as tall as it should be!

Religion is a great tool for the smart and poor and hopeless, but a weapon in the hands of the ignorant and moronic and violent persons.

Religion does not start wars... Idiots that contrive and twist it to their own plot do.

#20    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:08 AM

Great work dest titor1 I commend you on that, Now we have Space>Time>Light>sound and now Gravity but still more are required to fully comprehend the Never Never region/border!? Remember this is about Beyond the Border's of Space!>>>>>?<<<<<

#21    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

O.K.one more, I,ll add,Space>.Time>Light>sound>Gravity>Frequency> Please?! c,mon?

#22    foxmulder27

foxmulder27

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

• If the truth is out there, bring it on.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:35 PM

I think, to be put quite simply, that space is forever. If you are in your imaginary little spaceship and keep going, then there will be a point where you pass the last star and continue into eternal blackness. Of course, as the universe expands, that space will fill up more.

I don't think time has anything to do with it except for its passing being relative to our universe's expansion.

I want to believe-Fox Mulder

The edge of tomorrow is not a steep cliff nor a blank wall. But rather the dreams of yesterday and the actions of today.--Charles K. Steele

#23    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

So you,re expanding into you,re own eternal blackness, Sorry don"t do that! see PsiSeeker, He might be able to Help you, but with that Theory ? don,t hold your Breath! LOL..

#24    Samo8

Samo8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

There is no beyond Space therefore there are no borders. Maybe if you imagine Space as being like our planet, it's completely spherical. So if you were to fly in your spaceship in space you would go on forever, like you would on Earth. Now with me saying it's spherical means that at some point you may end up back where you started. OK I made up this theory, but I think it may be one of the theories that physicists have hypothesised. Has it been disproven? Space is constantly changing and expanding, so you may never now how large it is. Plus Space isn't a complete sphere anyway, it has many bumps in it. You wouldn't know you were travelling on a Space bump because in our dimension it all seems flat to us. OK I'm confusing myself and it's got me thinking, maybe someone can expand what I've said...

#25    dest_titor1

dest_titor1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Are you in Plato`s cave, or are you on the surface?
    (Plato`s cave allegory)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

BELOWIM on Oct 23 2007, 05:08 AM, said:

Great work dest titor1 I commend you on that, Now we have Space>Time>Light>sound and now Gravity but still more are required to fully comprehend the Never Never region/border!? Remember this is about Beyond the Border's of Space!>>>>>?<<<<<

light in theory a fundamental particel even in string theory, time is supposed to have begun just before the big bang (BTB before the bang) when things were chaotic and supposedly more like a Newtonian concept of compressed super plasma then in the great inflation that put a stop to that form of time/space, space? no one knows it seems that space is an inter spacial element, one in which all exists (in one way or another)

for their to be a normal universal idea we need the idea of boundary of space, if not fundamental elements of space & time could very wildly (also interesting fact gravity under special conditions is REPULSIVE)

Edited by dest_titor1, 24 October 2007 - 12:42 AM.

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings

Socrates

Silence is the virtue of fools.

Sir Francis Bacon

The glass is never half full or half empty, the glass is just twice as tall as it should be!

Religion is a great tool for the smart and poor and hopeless, but a weapon in the hands of the ignorant and moronic and violent persons.

Religion does not start wars... Idiots that contrive and twist it to their own plot do.

#26    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Samo8 That was a work of art, good one.. dest titor1 is a legend,  The other thing that need's to be taken in to account is the Chaos- Theory.

#27    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

Lol, this topic has been discussed a fiew times on this forum and never really gets old *thinks.*

Why is it assumed that space has a border?  Think for a second, why would there even be a border?  A border of what?  Space?  If something is expanding and it has a "border" or "edge" to it then what exactly happens to the centre of the universe and the actual surface of this "border?"  What's it being filled with the could induce expansion?  A balloon doesn't expand on its own, it needs air or it needs the air pressure on the outside to be less than the air pressure on the inside...  I doubt either is happening to the universe.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#28    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:14 AM

If your bored have a read through this thread only posted a little while ago, its the closest I could find on the topic, see what you think.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=106727

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#29    Goatness

Goatness

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

• "What goes around, comes around, so I'm giving everybody cookies."

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

Seems to be around 15 billion years ago. Whenever it was, there is no "before" that. Similarly, if time stretches back infinitely, then there is no "before" it. Time is a fundamental quantity. And so is space. Neither can be stated in any terms that are more basic than themselves. Furthermore, the nature of language is such that you can't even compose a sentence that does not assume the existence of both. For these reasons, it is impossible to talk about "beyond space" or "before time" or indeed "after" time. It is strictly nonsensical.

I assumed there was time before the big bang, or whatever caused the creation of the universe. I assumed there was a nothingness there, but it still existed as nothingness, hence it travels along times.

"Only believe the information you don't trust - it's always right,"
-me

"Civilization began when man cast words instead of a stone,"
-Freud

"Pssst...I know where the chihuahua is buried."
-Me again

#30    Samo8

Samo8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

I believe that there was something before the big bang too, and something obviously happened that caused it to bang. At some point the universe may stop expanding and reverse it's way to a big crunch (which is a famous hypothesis). I can imagine like I said before, Space is like the surface of a ball, or even the surface of a cone, which is currently expanding at the moment. Therefore there are no borders as you can only travel along the surface. If you imagine Space like a grid, the grid is getting larger and larger, and so the cone surface is stretching longer and longer. At some point the grid may stop expanding, but shrink the other way. When the cone finally crunches into a point, it may bang into another cone the other way. What you get is an expanding and shrinking of the universe, due to the oscillation of Space Time.

This hypothesis is Copyright Samo =)

Edited by Samo8, 25 October 2007 - 09:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users