Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beyond the Border of Space.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

Concept's can and do cause confusion, this subject was called Beyond the Border of Space., people are assuming that that mean's like Out There!? Border's also occur within defined region's? correct me if I,m wrong!?

#32    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

Thank's PsiSeeker for the link,and no I was'nt bored, I don't Know what that is,LOL, interesting read but, I,m thinking Infinity which is a headache in it self,LOL, but Border's Are and as such, are Apparent but are integral of the whole!?! so we are left to seek within the....?

#33    1.618

Poltergeist

• 2,543 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

It's nice trying to understand things beyond our comprehension. I go with the theory that space is infinite. Granted, i struggle to imagine what infinite would be like but i can live with that.
I think it is a very human idea for something to have a beginning and an end, same with the concept of things having borders.

Edited by 1.618, 25 October 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#34    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

1.618 "It's nice trying to understand things beyond our comprehension. I go with the theory that space is infinite. Granted, i struggle to imagine what infinite would be like but i can live with that.
I think it is a very human idea for something to have a beginning and an end, same with the concept of things having borders.".... I'm Thinking here that now; Beyond the Border/s of Space is actually within our known area of Space even down here on earth too, possibly? I,m coming to the somewhat bizarre theory, that known region's such as black hole's, Kerr black hole's and similar gravitational anomaly's are these border area's. As far as what is on or in these entitie's (if that's the right word to use?) is speculation, doe's anyone subscribe to the possibility that they are maybe some form of dimensional gate? or time gate? maybe both? Any other explanation's?..

#35    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:48 AM

After my last post on this subject, I,m asking reader's to seriously consider what is in these explained border's?..and how they might effect us on this level/?

#36    Ins0mniac

Ins0mniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:27 AM

Samo8 on Oct 25 2007, 08:48 PM, said:

I can imagine like I said before, Space is like the surface of a ball

I like Samo8's ball analogy. Except I'd like to expand on that. I see the universe a four dimensional shape rather than a 3-D ball. That way the whole 3-d universe can exist on it's surface alone.

So a 4-D version of a ball. Think of a ball as a 3 dimensional equivelent of a circle, this is a 4 dimensional equivalent of a ball.

And then think of it expanding or contracting like a balloon.

Hence we have a 3 dimensional space (the surface of a 4-d object) that expands and contracts and yet has no beginning and end, much like a ball or balloon's surface has no beginning or end.

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams

#37    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

I think your being limited by your perception to this 3d-4d format, BEYOND the Border, there Is more...6D +?

#38    Ins0mniac

Ins0mniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

BELOWIM on Oct 29 2007, 12:50 AM, said:

I think your being limited by your perception to this 3d-4d format, BEYOND the Border, there Is more...6D +?

Yeah maybe more dimensions who knows? Say we existed as drawings on a flat piece of paper. How would we ever know about the 3 dimensional world beyond our piece of paper if we are trapped within it?

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams

#39    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

InsOmniac,"Yeah maybe more dimensions who knows? Say we existed as drawings on a flat piece of paper. How would we ever know about the 3 dimensional world beyond our piece of paper if we are trapped within it?" O.K. now I come along and put pin pricks through your paper/reality,  now we have alternate reality's popping up all over the place?Is this what Worm, black, kerr black hole's and more are?Gravitational anomaly's Are?....

#40    ships-cat

ships-cat

Alien Abducter

• 5,121 posts

• ..it's all too confusing for the working Cat to understand.... :(

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:46 PM

Goatness on Oct 25 2007, 09:26 AM, said:

I assumed there was time before the big bang, or whatever caused the creation of the universe. I assumed there was a nothingness there, but it still existed as nothingness, hence it travels along times.

I don't have any original thoughts on this topic, but I've just been reading Stephen Hawkins 'Brief history of Time' book, and some of it seems to have a bearing on this topic.

In terms of both Relativistic and Quantum Physics, the point of the 'Big Bang' is THE BEGINNING. There is no 'before' the big bang. Or rather... because both Relativistic and Quantum mathmatics break down at such high energy levels, the concept is deemed to be 'unexplorable' or even 'irrelevant'. No activity that happens 'before' the big bang would be able to influence our subsequent universe (because any such activity wouldn't be able to pass "forwards in time" through the Big Bang singularity. Hence it can have no part in shaping our universe. )

In terms of General Relativity, the universe is (probably) finite, but unbound. In other words, it kinda curves in on itself. If you fly 'outwards' from earth in a 'straight line', then you will eventually end up back on earth ! (but in practice you won't be able to do it, because you will never be able to travel fast enough to overcome the expansion of the universe itself... in other words the 'finishing line' will be forever receding away from you).

This assumes an infinitely expanding universe... there are problems with that to do with heat levels, but I'm not sure anyone has got a definitive answer to that one.

On this basis, it's tempting to think of the universe as a balloon that is inflating, with us being 2-dimensional creatures on the surface of the ballon. We can travel along the surface, but we cannot travel into the centre of the balloon, or above its surface. However, this is misleading.

There is no 'edge of space', nor is space 'expanding' into 'something' (even though our universe IS expanding).

As another poster mentioned, this is as much a problem with our language as anything. We are trying to interpret a 4-dimensional (at least) universe, using 3-dimensional syntax and world-viewpoints.

Meow Purr.

A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

#41    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:34 PM

BELOWIM on Oct 17 2007, 07:54 AM, said:

This is something that's odd, has alway's intrigued me ever since I can remember, what is happening at the very edge of our known Space?? Is there more Space beyond Space? Or doe's it loop back in some kinda vortexial way? Is it a dimensional hole? Apart from that restaurant that's there little is known of this strange unexplored or seen Zone. If it is truely expanding, then what is it expanding into? More Space? I know this subject will possibly hurt some head's but I would really like to KnoW your thought's on this as I'm sure no thoery can be disproven, and more importantly no law's will be effected? Are we in the centre or left of centre? Top or bottom? Can it be possible that beyond Space is nothing, Ouch my head hurt's HELP....??? Below is all the picture's I could get of this area!! Beyond Mystery?

No one knows, and no one will ever know. The universe is an expanse, that is expanding faster than light - so to speak - We can only hypothesize as we will never reach the borders of space. No matter how fast you go, you can't catch up.

Think of it like this, there is something beyond the borders, but at the same time nothing.

Nothing is the absense of something, so nothing is something. However, perhaps existance is not outside of the borders until the space border expands into it, creating nothing and eventually that nothing creates something.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#42    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:44 AM

Chokmah "Nothing is the absense of something, so nothing is something. However, perhaps existance is not outside of the borders until the space border expands into it, creating nothing and eventually that nothing creates something." That statement has got my brain(that one lonely cell) working overtime! As i,ve stated the Border's to me are internal, the problem now is to see inside these in(f)(t)ernal Regions?. Answer's? Idea's?

#43    DesertFox

DesertFox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• Well Played, Sir

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

as i said in another post....
Where ever there is nothing there is something.

Maybe the universe is just an atom of something larger within another universe

#44    BELOWIM

BELOWIM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

I see Beyond this Border To Another Time, through the Warp of Space and Time, Beyond the region of the ultimate Border, and in to our very History, Intellect, Knowledge, And after the Fact, Perceive Space, Time, Distance, Reality, and our Destiny, now comments please...

#45    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

ive mensioned the same word for the past 2 days since i found out about the website in every topic about what the universe is expanding into etc and im starting to get bored with it already lol but back to my answer i believe its time

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users