Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dr. Harold Shipman

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 10:43 AM

I tend to agree that death should be the punishment.

The only problem would be the many innocent people who are imprisoned for murders they didn't commit.There will never be a justice system that is 100% fool proof.Take us as an example.We all have differing views on punishment etc. and that goes the same for jurors.

As for him suffering in prison, well yes he obviously did.Either that or he was so remorseful he ended his own life.Either way had he been able to get through the initial trauma of prison he would have come out the other side with all the treats and trimmings that are bestowed on these perversions of humanity.As a comfort factor for the family it would have been better for them to know he was suffering with his punishment, but go forward a few years and do you honestly think they will take solice from knowing that this animal is sitting in a clean cell/room with tv, computer, radio and all the other little treats that they amass from good behaviour?

I doubt it.

The initial injection of comfort at his suffering would soon wear off and leave then thinking he hadn't really got what he deserved.

#17    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 14 January 2004 - 10:51 AM

Totally agree with what your sayin phenomenom (well nearly) grin2.gif

The capital punishment thing is great in theory but you can't bring someone back to life if they've been wongly imprisoned thumbsup.gif

The thing about comfort im just not sure about. I mean its never happened to me so i dont know , im just going by the woman on T.V. yesterday and it did change my opinion. I guess we'll have to wait an see how she feels in a few years.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#18    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:12 AM

wunarmdscissor although not as widely presented a lot of the victims families were glad he killed himself. I'm personally glad hes dead he was a waste of oxygen, but this should be given time for the victims families to decide if they all prefer him dead and to if it was a knee- jerk reaction on a belief that he may have one day explained why he did this.

Myre Hindleys victims families wanted the death penalty and that she never recieved this was a regret for many of them.

Posted Image

#19    superfly911911

superfly911911

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:41 AM

Lets bring back gladiators. If there going to get killed by the government, why not do it as a major sporting event. Instead of costing taxpayers money, taxpayers would make money, as well as get entertainment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users