Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Idaho Falls, Idaho

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:35 AM

I have a friend who told me about a vacant lot that has a 7 to 8 foot high privacy fence on 18th street in Idaho Falls.  He said there is a tree in the middle of it with what looks like there could be part of a foundation where a house once stood.  He said there are no birds or squirrels of any kind near this area.  Also, he said that people have seen a house that isn't there.  He had a friend he took to the lot and the friend drew a picture of the house even though there is no house.  Has anyone ever heard of this?

SunnyOutlook

I really try to keep an open mind, but don't insult my intelligence.

#2    The AD Project

The AD Project

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:16 AM

This is what I found on Shadowlands Haunted Places:

Idaho Falls - The Lot - Legend has it that a house once stood on the spot where now is only a deserted lot, fenced in and hidden by the overgrowth of trees. There is no longer power or water service to this lot, but many people walking by have heard the sound of running water and seen the leaves of the trees light up as if the house were there and the rooms were lighted. Several witnesses have been inside and have reported that there are spirits of a family murdered by the father roaming around the yard. After roaming and exploring, a young man and his brother were spooked by sudden screams and tried to leave the lot, he knocked the ladder over and tried to climb the inside of the wall. He felt as if there were nails hammered through to the inside and he was being scratched. When his brother righted the ladder, they both climbed over the fence and escaped. The young man still has the scars, but there are no nails or nail holes in that fence and none of the neighbors had heard a thing. Also on several occasions that the 'apparition' of the house that stood there would appear with lighted windows. Upon further surveillance, figures could be seen passing by the windows and opening the front door. Children could be heard playing in the front yard, but could not be seen because of the high fence.

Hope it helps!

Posted Image

#3    JackalnChainz

JackalnChainz

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

• What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:13 AM

What are the coordinates of this lot? Or possibly the nearest cross street at 13th? Thanks.  ~Jackal

"The other day, upon the stair, I saw a man that wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish...he'd go away."

"Challenge me at your OWN peril..I delight in such diversions!"

#4    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

The AD Project on Oct 24 2007, 09:16 PM, said:

Idaho Falls - The Lot - Legend has it that a house once stood on the spot where now is only a deserted lot, fenced in and hidden by the overgrowth of trees. There is no longer power or water service to this lot, but many people walking by have heard the sound of running water and seen the leaves of the trees light up as if the house were there and the rooms were lighted. Several witnesses have been inside and have reported that there are spirits of a family murdered by the father roaming around the yard. After roaming and exploring, a young man and his brother were spooked by sudden screams and tried to leave the lot, he knocked the ladder over and tried to climb the inside of the wall. He felt as if there were nails hammered through to the inside and he was being scratched. When his brother righted the ladder, they both climbed over the fence and escaped. The young man still has the scars, but there are no nails or nail holes in that fence and none of the neighbors had heard a thing. Also on several occasions that the 'apparition' of the house that stood there would appear with lighted windows. Upon further surveillance, figures could be seen passing by the windows and opening the front door. Children could be heard playing in the front yard, but could not be seen because of the high fence.

Hope it helps!

This helps.  Thank you!  I wonder if there are any pictures of this place.

SunnyOutlook

#5    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

JackalnChainz on Oct 24 2007, 10:13 PM, said:

What are the coordinates of this lot? Or possibly the nearest cross street at 13th? Thanks.  ~Jackal

I was told this place is in the center of town and the next street is 17th Street.

SunnyOutlook

#6    IdahoGhostHunter

IdahoGhostHunter

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

is this the same location that the Crowly House was out, or are they two different places? thanks original.gif

Posted Image

#7    spirit2

spirit2

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

• Who's that looking over your shoulder?

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Interesting story...
This is the first I have heard of a "ghost house" appearing and disappearing!

Stay safe,
Spirit2

#8    ThatScaryChick

ThatScaryChick

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• Stalking your neighborhood

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

The AD Project on Oct 24 2007, 08:16 PM, said:

Hope it helps!

Interesting. I may have to check it out one of these days since I live pretty close to IF.

#9    jonny b

jonny b

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

spirit2 on Jun 1 2008, 08:44 AM, said:

Interesting story...
This is the first I have heard of a "ghost house" appearing and disappearing!

Same here, but it wouldn't surprise me as it could be the same kind of phenominon as a ghost ship at sea.

Posted Image

#10    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

JackalnChainz on Oct 24 2007, 09:13 PM, said:

Yea great question! laugh.gif

#11    Regency

Regency

Poltergeist

• 2,854 posts

• I come fully equipped with a papoose. If you need to move me around I slot in the back like a peanut.

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

jonny b on Jun 28 2008, 09:57 AM, said:

Same here, but it wouldn't surprise me as it could be the same kind of phenominon as a ghost ship at sea.

Good point.

I've never heard of such a house or haunting before.  It would be great if someone in the neighbourhood could have a webcam pointing to the spot.  You never know.

#12    ufo guy

ufo guy

Super Specter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

• Now with 50% more crazy

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

i live in idaho falls, idaho and never heard of it, can you get me a pict?

ive never seen a tree in the middle like that, can you tell me what building its by?

Posted Image

#13    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:28 AM

ironjennyrackham on May 31 2008, 05:00 AM, said:

is this the same location that the Crowly House was out, or are they two different places? thanks original.gif
two different locations...

#14    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,977 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

I read about a lot of haunted locations....first I heard of 'the lot', sounds very interesting.

( Aanica...that avvy disturbs me blink.gif )

#15    fuzzy1

fuzzy1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

My husband and i are investigating tomorrow night. wish us luck and let me know anything about it that woud be helpfull i will be reprting the news

I believe in unicorns, dragons, good men and other fantasy creatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users