Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

out of the mouth of babes.....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

When my oldest daughter was in kindergarten in Catholic school, we had visit the teacher night....When we walked in, her teacher told my husband and I that she knew all about us....It seems that every Friday, for "show and tell", my daughter would talk about what went on in the house...I almost died, until her teacher told us that all the stories were funny....I never did believe that teacher  grin2.gif

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#17    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostFlair01, on 27 February 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

A young college co-ed came running in tears to her father. "Dad, you gave me some terrible financial advice!"
"I did? What did I tell you?" said the dad.
"You told me to put my money in that big bank, and now that big bank is in trouble."  
"What are you talking about? That's one of the largest banks in the state," he said. "there must be some mistake."
"I don't think so," she sniffed. "They just returned one of my checks with a note saying, 'Insufficient Funds'."
I really enjoyed reading some of these stories again.  I love some of the things kids say, they are so funny and cute.  My little girl isn't so little anymore, so the innocence isn't there so much. :cry:

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#18    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,048 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Can remember one of my nephews telling my mother than she should shave her moustache off, because it was 'jaggy' when she gave him a kiss.  That went down well... lol.

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

OK, I got one too.  My cousin is being taught both English and Vietnamese as he grows up; he is now five.  I should tell you that the Vietnamese don't consider being fat such a bad thing -- unhealthy to be sure but a sign of prosperity.  The English word "fat" carries different connotations including laziness, gluttony, lack of self-control.  Thus in English various other words like "overweight" or "stout" and so on are substituted.

So my cousin looks at me and says, "Why are you so fat?"  I answer, "Why are you so short?"  He smiles and walks up to me and shakes hands (American style).

I suspect the charm in that is going to be missed by most non-Vietnamese.  It has to do with the hypocrisy seen in Americans of being rude with polite words.

#20    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,712 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just love this commercial.........

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#21    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Kids really are so much more intuitive than we credit them for sometimes. In regards to the original post, my personal take on parenting, I'd rather teach and *show* my children that they're 'capable', versus 'special'. Kids are little human beings with a lot to say, and I think it's unfortunate we so often, and often unintentionally, disregard or dismiss what our children have to tell us. This post just goes to show, where are you going to find a more honest truth? There's no black and white way to raise a child, but when I have mine, I'm going to seize chances to answer questions for my child and ask my own, and let them know their thoughts and feelings are valid. I hope that through people having care and empathy for them, they'll have care and empathy for other people.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#22    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostEldorado, on 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Can remember one of my nephews telling my mother than she should shave her moustache off, because it was 'jaggy' when she gave him a kiss.  That went down well... lol.

Heh, my brothers' little boy who is four, openly told my mum in a matter-of-fact tone that his 'Daddy has a beard around his w*lly'. That really creased us all up. :-)

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users