Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Euglid House


  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1    KB8

KB8

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined:04 Mar 2006

  • KB-81
    1/22/06

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Ok well I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Which is in Canada. Ive always read these stories and watched movies of how a dude would go crazy and kill his family and then himself and there would be a curse on the house but when I heard about this actually happening in my city along time ago I lost it. Just recently I found out this house that I would drive by every now and then with my parents had a huge murder happen in it. Its on Euglid st. and its a super beat up old house. Now its completely boarded up and has a high chain fence around it. Its been like that ever since I can remember and I remember driving by it so many times just thinkin about how creepy it was.
Anyways I found out that the house had a family way before and a dude in the family killed everyone one night and then messed around with their bodies before he shot himself. He put the mother in the walls and then a kid in the freezer and really messed up sh** liek that. And now the house is supposed to be haunted with the presence of the family that was there. What really scares me though is that the government shut down all the power to the house and me and my buddies drove by 2 nights ago when we heard all this about the house and you could see light through the little holes in the boards that were boarding up the windows. Apparently the government also tried to destroy it but every time they brought their trucks or whatnot the machinery would die on them and they could do nothing. THats why the house is just boarded up and left there. Its in between these 2 buildings because the street is now full of buildings and buisness' but was once a neighbourhood of houses throughout but since they never took down the house its in the middle of these buildings. Its really scary lol I had to share.

Meow

#2    JustNormal

JustNormal

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 11,936 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:38 AM

KB8 on Nov 5 2007, 12:12 AM, said:

Ok well I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Which is in Canada. Ive always read these stories and watched movies of how a dude would go crazy and kill his family and then himself and there would be a curse on the house but when I heard about this actually happening in my city along time ago I lost it. Just recently I found out this house that I would drive by every now and then with my parents had a huge murder happen in it. Its on Euglid st. and its a super beat up old house. Now its completely boarded up and has a high chain fence around it. Its been like that ever since I can remember and I remember driving by it so many times just thinkin about how creepy it was.
Anyways I found out that the house had a family way before and a dude in the family killed everyone one night and then messed around with their bodies before he shot himself. He put the mother in the walls and then a kid in the freezer and really messed up sh** liek that. And now the house is supposed to be haunted with the presence of the family that was there. What really scares me though is that the government shut down all the power to the house and me and my buddies drove by 2 nights ago when we heard all this about the house and you could see light through the little holes in the boards that were boarding up the windows. Apparently the government also tried to destroy it but every time they brought their trucks or whatnot the machinery would die on them and they could do nothing. THats why the house is just boarded up and left there. Its in between these 2 buildings because the street is now full of buildings and buisness' but was once a neighbourhood of houses throughout but since they never took down the house its in the middle of these buildings. Its really scary lol I had to share.


What a sad story OMG..I think when people are murdered in a violent manner such as that, a haunting would be inevitable. You "could" drive by some night and take some photos of the house, fence or not and see if you can get anything. Thanks for sharing..JN



#3    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,724 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:43 AM

That sounds pretty scary!  I agree, pictures would be really interesting to see.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#4    Essence

Essence

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined:02 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • Close the world, txen eht nepO

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Whoa. Creepy. The government really got involved?

What's that in the distance?

#5    JackalnChainz

JackalnChainz

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male

  • What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

Where abouts on Euclid Ave is this house located? I am scanning at 1500 feet and unable to locate any house between two commercial buildings. You really had me going until the part about the power being shut off, but lights still seen inside through the boarded up windows. And the part about the machinery malfunctioning in attempts to wreck the property is pretty well over told too. But I love a good homicide scene, especially when the paranormal is involved.

Edited by JackalnChainz, 06 November 2007 - 04:11 AM.

"The other day, upon the stair, I saw a man that wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish...he'd go away."

"Challenge me at your OWN peril..I delight in such diversions!"

#6    KB8

KB8

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined:04 Mar 2006

  • KB-81
    1/22/06

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:56 PM

DUDES IM GOIN TO THE PROPERTY FRIDAY
Alright wer gettin my bud to bring his camera and we are gonna go on the property and walk around the house just looking with the camera. As soon as I can I will try to get some pics for you dudes to see. SO EXCITED

Meow

#7    Kar-zid

Kar-zid

    Ultra Director

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Winner of the "Ghost Picture Competition": SomeOldLady

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

KB8 on Nov 6 2007, 08:56 AM, said:

DUDES IM GOIN TO THE PROPERTY FRIDAY
Alright wer gettin my bud to bring his camera and we are gonna go on the property and walk around the house just looking with the camera. As soon as I can I will try to get some pics for you dudes to see. SO EXCITED


I can't wait to see those photos! It's tragic when those sorts of murders happen...

Winners of the Fakest Pic On The Net Comp": Mister E. (now Samael) & n_a_t_a_l_i_e (now NatalieK)

Winner of the "Best Ghost Photo Competition": Some Old Lady

#8    LadyHay

LadyHay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:BC

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

KB8 on Nov 4 2007, 04:12 PM, said:

Ok well I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Which is in Canada. Ive always read these stories and watched movies of how a dude would go crazy and kill his family and then himself and there would be a curse on the house but when I heard about this actually happening in my city along time ago I lost it. Just recently I found out this house that I would drive by every now and then with my parents had a huge murder happen in it. Its on Euglid st. and its a super beat up old house. Now its completely boarded up and has a high chain fence around it. Its been like that ever since I can remember and I remember driving by it so many times just thinkin about how creepy it was.
Anyways I found out that the house had a family way before and a dude in the family killed everyone one night and then messed around with their bodies before he shot himself. He put the mother in the walls and then a kid in the freezer and really messed up sh** liek that. And now the house is supposed to be haunted with the presence of the family that was there. What really scares me though is that the government shut down all the power to the house and me and my buddies drove by 2 nights ago when we heard all this about the house and you could see light through the little holes in the boards that were boarding up the windows. Apparently the government also tried to destroy it but every time they brought their trucks or whatnot the machinery would die on them and they could do nothing. THats why the house is just boarded up and left there. Its in between these 2 buildings because the street is now full of buildings and buisness' but was once a neighbourhood of houses throughout but since they never took down the house its in the middle of these buildings. Its really scary lol I had to share.


I have searched a bit, and couldn't find anything about murders on Euclid street.  If it was so gory and so tragic, this would be famed and well known.  Your description leads me to believe you are talking about the Barber house on Euclid.  No mention at all of murders, but the high chain fence is mentioned and even shown in some photos.  is this the house?

http://www.virtual.heritagewinnipeg.com/vi...nettes_152W.htm

More on the Barber family:  http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/pageant/19/winni...desthouse.shtml

Just curious as to where the information of the family murder came from?  Could it have been another house?


#9    JackalnChainz

JackalnChainz

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male

  • What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

Nice work Hezz. wink2.gif

"The other day, upon the stair, I saw a man that wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish...he'd go away."

"Challenge me at your OWN peril..I delight in such diversions!"

#10    kiddglock

kiddglock

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

Hezzbelle on Nov 6 2007, 08:49 AM, said:

I have searched a bit, and couldn't find anything about murders on Euclid street.  If it was so gory and so tragic, this would be famed and well known.  Your description leads me to believe you are talking about the Barber house on Euclid.  No mention at all of murders, but the high chain fence is mentioned and even shown in some photos.  is this the house?

<a href="http://www.virtual.h...ettes_152W.htm" target="_blank">http://www.virtual.heritagewinnipeg.com/vi...nettes_152W.htm</a>

More on the Barber family:  <a href="http://www.mhs.mb.ca...esthouse.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/pageant/19/winni...desthouse.shtml</a>

Just curious as to where the information of the family murder came from?  Could it have been another house?


I keep thinking "Euclid" too, but the dude said "Euglid".  Perhaps that is why there is no record?  

Then again, my thoughts are there is no record 'cause it didn't happen.  A story gets started about a creepy old house and then it gets blown out of proportion when nothing really happened there.  I can think of two urban legend type houses in my own area where nothing really happened that is that scary yet there are all sorts of stories about them just like this one.

As an aside, Hezzbelle...neither page would pull up.

Edited by kiddglock, 06 November 2007 - 02:55 PM.


#11    LadyHay

LadyHay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:BC

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

kiddglock on Nov 6 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

I keep thinking "Euclid" too, but the dude said "Euglid".  Perhaps that is why there is no record?  

Then again, my thoughts are there is no record 'cause it didn't happen.  A story gets started about a creepy old house and then it gets blown out of proportion when nothing really happened there.  I can think of two urban legend type houses in my own area where nothing really happened that is that scary yet there are all sorts of stories about them just like this one.

As an aside, Hezzbelle...neither page would pull up.



There is no Euglid in Winnipeg, at least as far as I can find. I figured off the bat it was a spelling error.  There is an Euclid with a house matching the description of the OP.  There is no record, so I am tending to agree with you, Kidd, that this is an urban legend/myth developed to go along with the creepy house.

FYI, I personally knew a guy who survived the murder of his 5 or 6 siblings by his father, due to the fact that he was out of the house at the time.  The house is a quaint little, well-kept house.  No real story here.  No known hauntings.  I think that a tragic past, does not a haunting make.  (that's my eloquent thought for the day).

Hmmm pages work fine for me Kidd.   Anyone else?  




#12    iroc4141

iroc4141

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

I don't want to incourage this, but I have done this before and it worked. There was an old cotton plantation house in NC that was abandoned way out in the country that one day we had a few drinks and we all went down the road walking forever in the middle of nowhere until we came up on it.

When you are in front of the house good enough to take a full frontal picture. Shout and yell a little bit. Just what you think what it to do this to a normal person's house and have them look out of the window. We did this took a couple, and I just mean about 2 or so. In one of the pics there was a male/slave looking out one of the top story front/left windows. We zoomed in on the picture and it was incredible. I will ask my friend is his wife still has that picture when I go to work today. I also would say that on the way back if you feel like something is following you just say "Spirit be gone" every once and a while. You don't want to piss anything off or have it follow you back to your house.


#13    LadyHay

LadyHay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:BC

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

iroc4141 on Nov 6 2007, 09:28 AM, said:

I don't want to incourage this, but I have done this before and it worked. There was an old cotton plantation house in NC that was abandoned way out in the country that one day we had a few drinks and we all went down the road walking forever in the middle of nowhere until we came up on it.

When you are in front of the house good enough to take a full frontal picture. Shout and yell a little bit. Just what you think what it to do this to a normal person's house and have them look out of the window. We did this took a couple, and I just mean about 2 or so. In one of the pics there was a male/slave looking out one of the top story front/left windows. We zoomed in on the picture and it was incredible. I will ask my friend is his wife still has that picture when I go to work today. I also would say that on the way back if you feel like something is following you just say "Spirit be gone" every once and a while. You don't want to piss anything off or have it follow you back to your house.



Did you read the other posts?


#14    kiddglock

kiddglock

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

Hezzbelle on Nov 6 2007, 04:33 PM, said:

There is no Euglid in Winnipeg, at least as far as I can find. I figured off the bat it was a spelling error.  There is an Euclid with a house matching the description of the OP.  There is no record, so I am tending to agree with you, Kidd, that this is an urban legend/myth developed to go along with the creepy house.

FYI, I personally knew a guy who survived the murder of his 5 or 6 siblings by his father, due to the fact that he was out of the house at the time.  The house is a quaint little, well-kept house.  No real story here.  No known hauntings.  I think that a tragic past, does not a haunting make.  (that's my eloquent thought for the day).

Hmmm pages work fine for me Kidd.   Anyone else?


Now they're working.  It was probably my ISP.  I checked my e-mail in between now and the last post I made and my ISP guy said something was wrong with Embarq and it would cause blank pages, etc.  Evidently they've got it now.  Sorry.

There's a locally famous house in Kansas City (north of me) that there are the same rumors about, along with others.  The only bad things that happened there were a suicide and a couple of deaths from sickness/disease.  No mass murders/no murders even.  When you think about it, it's pretty normal for old houses to have had people die in them.  Kind of abnormal for them not to have.  Especially houses that were around before hospitals became popular and prevalent.  There's another house just into Oklahoma (south of us) that has the same reputation, yet nothing bad ever happened there.  None of this means that they aren't haunted.  Personally, I think the spirits move in after and because of the reputations these houses acquire.  Lots of Halloween attraction Haunted Houses actually have paranormal events associated with them where none ever were before at that particular location.  Same thing, IMO.


#15    iroc4141

iroc4141

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hezzbelle on Nov 6 2007, 01:11 PM, said:

Did you read the other posts?



Yes I did.


Even if the house is the wrong one and it's just an empty old old old house he can still take a picture there and see if anything turns out.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users