Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Promising bigfoot evidence

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

The Self-Proclaimed Genius

• 2,437 posts

• Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

^Fair enough, keep me informed, Bbal. Word up mah brotha!

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius

#17    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

bball on Nov 8 2007, 02:55 PM, said:

Well I wonder about a couple things here.

1.  Seeing as how most would consider cryptozoology a psuedoscience, is it possible that they would be hesitant to publish their results?  Because admittingly they still haven't found anything conclusive.

2.  Yes, it is TV, but the whole investigation, was sponsored and backed by the History Channel.  Couldn't it be possible that since it is a History Channel production, anything that is found, would have to wait until the program comes on, to be released?

1.  Proper protocol would still be to have three or more independent labs concur with your findings before even announcing them.  That's the problems I have with these shows.  They're less science and more sensation and they always amount to nothing.

2. Such isn't the case when they are actually following real researchers.  Everything of scientific important that I've ever seen covered by the Discovery Channel family of networks I've read published material about it long before a show was made of it.  Mainly because new scientific discoveries must be published and reviewed prior to a researcher coming out with bold claims.  Now, in the last decade I've watched a steady decline in the quality of the science on display on DC and NG channels.  They've moved to more and more towards simplified or sensationalist, ratings grabbing junk, which is disappointing.  They also have no problem with hosts of their shows implying completely unfounded claims.  It seems like only PBS doesn't think we're all idiots nowadays.

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

#18    Since804

Since804

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

sumthingnice60 on Nov 8 2007, 09:44 AM, said:

Darn I missed it last night but I can watch it this weekend. I'm actually surprised at the results. This is the first time I have seen someone say that the DNA is somewhere between man and ape. Although, this is not convincing enough to lead me to believe that there is bigfoot. It could just be another undiscovered primate. But I am definitely excited about watching it since it seems to be better than last week's episode.

uhhhh isn't that what "Big Foot" is?? huh.gif

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. Is it that hard to understand??
"I don't know what it was but I don't think that it was a ufo..." = Fail Statement

#19    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

Wow, I must admit, that if this is true and not some TV sensation then I am impressed. But that's an if.

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#20    Smeagol1

Smeagol1

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

can someone find me Ostman's audio I wanna hear it again.

#21    WraithGod

WraithGod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• "There have been tens of thousands of sightings and experiences... if only one is true the entire case, the non-reality, falls apart."

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

Why doesn't someone record this damned show and release it on the Internet for us Canadians? =(

I agree though, I'd have had the samples analysed at several different labs and had some nice analyses written up.  Seems odd, somehow, the way it sounds like they went about it, and of course very coincidental that they happened to have an experience while there. xD

"'But the Devil, when he purports any evil against man, first perverts
his mind.''
Posted Image
"Whom God wishes to destroy, he first makes mad."

#22    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Wow. This is proof! They got hair and blood samples........... At least 5 years ago. What came of this?
I surmise the same thing that comes from everything to do with bigfoot.

Nowt!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#23    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think it turned out to be a bear. Either way it wasn't the big guy. As is the case with all these bigfoot DNA claims it just died on the vine just like ketchum's is doing now.

#24    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

It's sort of like "Finding Bigfoot", they go out and do the same things every week and never actually find a Bigfoot. I think people are getting tired of not having any results. However, they go, visit with witness', do a recreation, have a town meeting, go out at night looking around in the dark.....with a camera crew, they hear something in the dark, the FLIR sees nothing, they declare they were successful and leave for the next location.

They couldn't find my dirty underwear in my bathroom doing what they're doing.

#25    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postdanbell06, on 16 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Wow. This is proof! They got hair and blood samples........... At least 5 years ago. What came of this?
I surmise the same thing that comes from everything to do with bigfoot.

Nowt!

Initially Curt Nelson, biologist from U of Minnesota, part of the team from Sasquatch Attack I analyzed the samples and concluded they were (nonhuman) primate. One time the narrator said “nonhuman primate” another time just “primate”.

In the second episode Sasquatch Attacks II the one hair and 2 tissue-type samples from the nail board were taken to a lab better able to deal with “unknown” specimens at the University of Guelph.
However, the Guelph lab concluded they were from harmless fungi and bacteria from soil or water and there was no animal or primate DNA.

Why the discrepancy? MonsterQuest offered: 1. The first sample tested was contaminated with human DNA or 2. the second testing sample was too degraded.
(I have a third possibility: the one given by Guelph)

There was another alleged attack on the cabin when some fisherman were staying there. A hair was found on a fishing rod case thought to have possibly been thrown at the cabin by the creature. The hair was analyzed by a lab called microtrace and found to be bleached human head hair. (probably the guy’s wife, my guess)

The narrator kept changing the years it seemed to me. That is why I did not list any. But all the above happened apparently from 2005-2008. Whoever edits or fact checks this show does a crappy job.
In the states we can purchase these episodes on I-Tunes etc.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 16 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#26    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for clearing that up QC.

#27    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 16 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

It's sort of like "Finding Bigfoot", they go out and do the same things every week and never actually find a Bigfoot. I think people are getting tired of not having any results. However, they go, visit with witness', do a recreation, have a town meeting, go out at night looking around in the dark.....with a camera crew, they hear something in the dark, the FLIR sees nothing, they declare they were successful and leave for the next location.

They couldn't find my dirty underwear in my bathroom doing what they're doing.

Its no wonder they hear all kinds of strange sounds out there. Everyone in town knows where they are going to be. They practically invite people to go out and mess with them on their investigations.

#28    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

As it stands I have a 80% believe that Bigfoot is out there, but until the show "Finding Bigfoot" changes it's name to "Bigfoot found" I'll allways have that 20% doubt...

Although, I'm wayching an episode of "Monsters & Mysteries" and it looks like some hunter shot a Bigfoot and buried it. So there should be a recoverable body and DNA evidence...

Right now they are telling me the Bigfoot Story of a guy that wanted the hunter to go back for the body(I'm getting impatient), though I'm guessing the body is going to have conveniently vanished, or the guy won't remember where he put it. Because heaven forbid there be any physical evidence to proove his encounter actually happened...

Sorry if I sound like a skeptic. I been into this stuff sense I was a we-lad staying up past my bedtime to catch the new episode of "Sightings" and "Unsolved Mysteries", and there's allways some reason or excuse to why the video is so shaky or poor quality, or why there's no physical proof, or the DNA always seems to come back Inconclusive.... It's made me a great bit jaded..

Edited by Midyin, 22 April 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#29    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postevancj, on 17 April 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

Its no wonder they hear all kinds of strange sounds out there. Everyone in town knows where they are going to be. They practically invite people to go out and mess with them on their investigations.

Yeah, they tried to do another show called 'Killing Bigfoot' where they had a town meeting where they showed everyone all the hardcore firepower they brought to bring Armageddon down on any rustle they heard in the woods. The show never made it to air because all they encountered was the sound of crickets.

*** Nobody look for the show. I was joking.

#30    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 2,992 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postbball, on 08 November 2007 - 04:41 AM, said:

*DISCLAIMER*  If you haven't seen this documentary yet, DO NOT READ ON!  I just wanted to post this while it was still fresh in my mind.

I just finished watching the History Channel's Monster Quest.  This one was about bigfoot.  It had some really interesting finds.

The team traveled to northern Ontario, Canada.  They stayed in a cabin with a history of bigfoot encounters.  Some very compelling things happened.  A group of fishermen who stayed in the cabin a year or so ago, left a piece of plywood with screws sticking out of it, pointed upwards.  This is layed down in front of the entrance to the cabin, for when the group goes out on prolonged fishing trips, to protect the cabin.  Well in this particular instance, something with an apparently large print stepped on the screws.  It left blood, hair, and tissue samples.  Well, they gathered these things, and would analyze them later.

In the meantime, they showed other various stories, including a diary found in the cabin from ten years ago, describing more possible bigfoot evidence in the area.

The last night the team was there, they got rocks thrown at them!  One guy even threw a rock back into the woods, and immediately a rock was hurled back from at them from the woods.  Cool stuff!

Anyways, the hair underwent visual observations, and the scientists determined it to not be any known animal, or human.

They were able to extract DNA and determined that it was not human and not known ape, but somewhere in between.  It should be noted that they only so far have gotten one sample of DNA, and it is ONLY a 1 in 5,000 chance that the DNA, from the blood is human.  So this looks promising.  Feel free to add anything I am forgetting, or elaborate further onto what I have mentioned.   style_emoticons/default/original.gif

that's been around a while and it's a great story.

"something" broke into the camp while the occupents were away. they thought it iwas a bear but they noticed two things:
1) the refrigerator was not torn apart. Bears do this to get to the insulation for its sweetness.
2) "something" opened an interior door, ie, turned the doornob, to gain entrance to a room.

'Taint no bear!

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users