Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot Diet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,914 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 April 2001 - 02:29 PM

Assuming that Bigfoot does exist, what sort of things would such a creature eat ? Would it be a herbivore, or would it hunt down animals to feed on ? One witness of the creature claimed he'd seen several bigfeet scrounging in a quarry for small rodents. Does this confirm that Bigfoot is actually a carniverous ape ?

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 21 April 2001 - 10:06 PM

This talk about a 'carniverous ape' causes me to ask if all apes(or monkeys) are only plant eaters?  I remember watching a documentary once, they showed chimps attacking an animal and eating it!  I couldn't believe it, but they are supposed to be related to us, right? ???
They also showed them getting DRUNK! on some over-ripened fruit!!tongue.gif

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:04 AM

I heard there was a vidoe of a bigfoot eating a wild cat. I don't remeber if it was fake or not? mellow.gif                                                  

Posted Image

#4    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:56 AM

For what it's worth, Bigfoot has been seen carying deer, goats, pigs, and a dog.  We might assume these were for food I suppose..

Bigfoot has also been seen catching and consuming fish, as well as digging for and eating the groundhogs SaRuMaN was mentioning above.

Bigfoot doesn't have to be carnivorous, though.  Omnivors will eat flesh when they can get it.

I just read that there has never been a temperate-climate ape besides man for precisely the reason that most apes eat vegitables, and in the temperate forests these disappear for several months a year.  Chimps don't *have* to eat flesh, yet they do.  But to survive, Bigfoot would have to eat some meat.                                                  

#5    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 03:33 AM

i hope bigfoot don't eat humans.  maybe that is why we dont have proof of their existance  ph34r.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#6    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 05:18 AM

Sounds like a weak theory schadeux.  Sharks eat humans but we know they exist.

If bigfoot was an offshoot of Gigantopithecus, he probably eats mostly plants with the occasional bit of meat - most likely carrion and insects.  

No primate is completly carnivorious, but some are completly herbivorus.  I cannot stand by those words being spelled completly correctly, but I hope you get the idea.                                                  

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,914 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 May 2003 - 08:36 AM

I heard there was a vidoe of a bigfoot eating a wild cat.

I've seen that video and it's nothing more than a man in a rather poor ape costume running around a field after somebodies pet cat.

I think it was meant as a joke, it wasn't even seen as genuine footage.                                                  

#8    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 01:32 PM

maybe, they are like us......whats that word, ....the one for carnivorous and herbivore......omniverous??                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#9    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 24 May 2003 - 05:38 AM

Here's the site that originated the 'bigfoot vs. wildcat' story. Has still pictures as well as the video, it's a hoot.  laugh.gif

CLICK HERE                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#10    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:04 AM

someone should prosecute that bastard for animal cruelty, considering this is the fakest crap ive ever seen. did you see him jumping on that little cat?  poor thing.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#11    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 24 May 2003 - 09:24 PM

Thats the one i was talking about! Thanx Magik Man! cool.gif                                                  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users