Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Schizophrenia Test

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#136    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

You scored a total of  0

You have answered this schizophrenia screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from schizophrenia or a schizophrenia-related disorder. Because no online test is 100% accurate, please be aware that this does not necessarily mean you do not have schizophrenia, only that this particular quiz did not find sufficient evidence to suggest that you do. You should not take this as a diagnosis or recommendation for treatment in any way. If you have concerns regarding your mental health or well-being, please consult a trained mental health professional for further assistance.

==============================

I hear you Blondie. Just ignore the remarks... it's just not cool.

Posted Image

#137    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

She-ra on Nov 2 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

You scored a total of  0

You have answered this schizophrenia screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from schizophrenia or a schizophrenia-related disorder. Because no online test is 100% accurate, please be aware that this does not necessarily mean you do not have schizophrenia, only that this particular quiz did not find sufficient evidence to suggest that you do. You should not take this as a diagnosis or recommendation for treatment in any way. If you have concerns regarding your mental health or well-being, please consult a trained mental health professional for further assistance.

==============================

I hear you Blondie. Just ignore the remarks... it's just not cool.

And stop clicking on the topic to read comments, lol.
My bad. I expected more from people.

FACEBOOK!
Posted Image
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

#138    Midas

Midas

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Geometric discharge

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

I scored 4.

All of the questions were pretty cliche though.

Superfluous - content to be completely and utterly unnecessary

#139    Oderint

Oderint

Psychic Spy

• 1,651 posts

• Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:06 AM

I'm sorry, but what's wrong with a few jokes?
Noone is making fun of anyone with a mental illness. We're just joking about the typical misconceptions of this particular disorder.
I'm pretty sure everyone here realizes that having such an illness is no joke, but what kind of place would this planet be if all humor that might offend someone was banned?
Mars?

I do have a "mental disorder", not as severe as schizofrenia though, but I have no problem laughing at my own illness and the effects it has.

I'm not in favour of a humorless, politically correct society at all. thumbsup.gif

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus

#140    ktie

ktie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

Papaver on Nov 12 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

I scored 0.

I hit the first option in every question because the screaming man living behind my eyes told me to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! laugh.gif

#141    SquiggleVonNoodle

SquiggleVonNoodle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

I'm not schizophrenic, but I do apparantly suffer from anxiety (I knew that), depression (Nope) and bipolar disorder. Overall that makes me look quite sane.

Posted Image

#142    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:23 AM

I got 14... early signs. I have a big problem with the test, they ask if you think people are out to get you, and if friends and family understand you, and if you believe things no one else on the planet does, how does answering yes make me insane? What if people are out to get me, my friends and family don't understand me, and I do believe things, that may or may not be true, that most other people on the planet don't believe? The test seems screwed up.

It's like the saying, "If no one on the planet thinks like you, you're either insane or a visionary."

#143    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

I scored 1 \o/

Beat that.

#144    stackofbooks

stackofbooks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• "Outside of that single fatality of death, everything, joy or happiness, is liberty." ~ Albert Camus

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

"You scored a total of  3

You have answered this schizophrenia screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from schizophrenia or a schizophrenia-related disorder."

You've got to be kidding; what a lie. These people must be out to prove my unicorn pupils wrong! Dx

I kind of feel like I'm 50/50. I have periods of visually projected thoughts, audible self-monologue, and imaginary friends or situations. Most of the time, I'm pretty normal though; what I had just described usually happens in situations where I am: bored, or absolutely neurotic [extremely depressed, extremely angry, extremely manic, extremely ecstatic, etc.]. I think I'm pretty normal, though.

#145    stackofbooks

stackofbooks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• "Outside of that single fatality of death, everything, joy or happiness, is liberty." ~ Albert Camus

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

BlindMessiah on Nov 4 2008, 08:23 PM, said:

I got 14... early signs. I have a big problem with the test, they ask if you think people are out to get you, and if friends and family understand you, and if you believe things no one else on the planet does, how does answering yes make me insane? What if people are out to get me, my friends and family don't understand me, and I do believe things, that may or may not be true, that most other people on the planet don't believe? The test seems screwed up.

It's like the saying, "If no one on the planet thinks like you, you're either insane or a visionary."

The thing is, they are not referring to rational reasonable suspicions of persecutions, but delusional irrational [as in, with no rational basis] beliefs of continuous persecution, usually as a defence mechanism against something, and when they mean your friends and family don't understand you, I'm pretty sure they were indirectly referring to thought disorder. Usually these two factors are reflected in irrational beliefs which most normal people wouldn't have, and that are delusional, non-sensical, a form of defence, or irrational.

#146    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

BlindMessiah on Nov 4 2008, 08:23 PM, said:

It's a psychology test.  It's not asking you about reality, it's asking you about how you think and feel about reality.  The questions aren't measuring how many weird experiences you've had, so much as they're measuring how isolated and unhappy you are about it.

As someone who has "heard voices" and "seen visions" I will still get a pretty low score because I don't feel unique in my abilities, afraid of them, or particularly persecuted by my community.

Question #2 illustrates my point perfectly:  I hear or see things that others do not hear or see.  The important question here is "Which others?"  Do I believe that I have unique, unprecedented powers of perception no other mortal can fathom?  If so, I'm prolly nuts.  But if I recognize that so-called ESP is quite common to many individuals and whole cultures, then I can quite comfortably reply "not at all" even if I've talked to Jesus and traveled through time.  

Or, what if I work at a home for the blind?  Then seeing things that others do not would be a daily experience of mine.  As a psychic, I can experience the general population as similarly "blind' without being paranoid about it.

Same with #5:  I believe in more than one thing about reality and the world around me that nobody else seems to believe in. Broaden your perspective to include all humanity and you'd have to be pretty nutty to assume that no one else would or could believe as you do.  And psychologically speaking, why the heck would you believe something that no one else in the whole world would believe?  What could possibly make you right while a few billion people were clueless?

Of course, adolescence is naturally a time of self-absorption, so it's kind of unfair to administer this quiz to teenagers, 'cause they can feel very isolated and misunderstood without having to contend with a half-assed diagnosis of schizophrenia from a quiz on the Internet.  

Others don't believe me when I tell them the things I see or hear. Interesting.  The question implies that if your family or community is in strong denial of a reality that you perceive, your resulting psychological isolation could nudge you towards schizophrenia.  

I find it difficult to get a hold of my thoughts.   Aha!  Just as I suspected:  all writers are a little schizophrenic!

Here's something funny:  if I answer 1-11 "not at all" and then answer I talk to another person or other people inside my head that nobody else can hear with "all the time" I only score a 10.  So, don't worry folks, even if you talk to invisible people inside your head, as long as it doesn't get you down, you should be alright!  thumbup.gif

Edited by HKCavalier, 08 November 2008 - 11:37 PM.

#147    Joke_Master_Mandy

Joke_Master_Mandy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

• I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of ass.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

I'm schizophrenic!

(I am too!)

It wasn't me! My Body Thetans made me do it!

#148    Zeeshan - (Twisted!)

Zeeshan - (Twisted!)

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

• Who Will Guard The Guards?

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

10 tongue.gif
But i think this test is lame wink2.gif
(Let's see what my inner friend tells me  laugh.gif

Posted Image
Thanks to The_Scorpion
“The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.” ~Oscar Wilde
www.iamzeeshan.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/ImZeesh

#149    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• 1,889 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Oderint on Nov 2 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but what's wrong with a few jokes?
Noone is making fun of anyone with a mental illness. We're just joking about the typical misconceptions of this particular disorder.
I'm pretty sure everyone here realizes that having such an illness is no joke, but what kind of place would this planet be if all humor that might offend someone was banned?
Mars?

I do have a "mental disorder", not as severe as schizofrenia though, but I have no problem laughing at my own illness and the effects it has.

I'm not in favour of a humorless, politically correct society at all. thumbsup.gif

Humor is wonderful...however there are those who don't mean it in a light hearted funny way.

FACEBOOK!
Posted Image
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

#150    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• 1,959 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users