Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Giant Snakes in the Philippines


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    mnemeion

mnemeion

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male

  • The Path I have taken is a lonely one but that is something I must endure.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

I don't remember the details, only the event. It happened way back in '98. A giant snake blocked an entire highway of a province which caused a major traffic. Many people saw the snake and the eyewitnesses all claim that its body was as large as a coconut tree's. It crossed the highway slowly, taking it about 20 minutes to completely disappear from the crowd. There was a report about this on the t.v. as they try to find the snake. But it was never seen again.



Posted Image

#2    kenshinx

kenshinx

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 3,045 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:indonesia

  • oy' this guy

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

block entire highway road ???? how long could that be ??
20 minutes and nobody take a pic or try to follow ? man, they are so lazy !

(is there any problem with google ? i cant access it sad.gif )

I Like Cats


#3    bball

bball

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined:02 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male

  • "Is that a titleist?...A hole in one."

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

mnemeion on Nov 13 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

I don't remember the details, only the event. It happened way back in '98. A giant snake blocked an entire highway of a province which caused a major traffic. Many people saw the snake and the eyewitnesses all claim that its body was as large as a coconut tree's. It crossed the highway slowly, taking it about 20 minutes to completely disappear from the crowd. There was a report about this on the t.v. as they try to find the snake. But it was never seen again.

Doesn't really sound that unusual.  Reticulated pythons can be found in the Philippines, and can reach up to 30 feet in length.  Certainly long enough to block a roadway.

Beauty has no imperfections.  Only perfect and beautiful imperfections.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the human imagination.  However, when that imagination leaves the mind, it is fair game.

"I want to leave every conversation knowing more about you than you know about me."
Chiefs RB, Priest Holmes

For every stupid person, there is a slightly less stupid person to tell them how stupid they are.

#4    mnemeion

mnemeion

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male

  • The Path I have taken is a lonely one but that is something I must endure.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

It was back in 1998. And it was in a rural province, and it also wasn't a tourist destination.  An eyewitness said that the snake's body was about a feet in diameter.

Posted Image

#5    bball

bball

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined:02 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male

  • "Is that a titleist?...A hole in one."

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

mnemeion on Nov 13 2007, 07:09 PM, said:

It was back in 1998. And it was in a rural province, and it also wasn't a tourist destination.  An eyewitness said that the snake's body was about a feet in diameter.

Well again, that sounds about right.  Then consider perhaps it had recently eaten, it could even be bigger than that.

Beauty has no imperfections.  Only perfect and beautiful imperfections.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the human imagination.  However, when that imagination leaves the mind, it is fair game.

"I want to leave every conversation knowing more about you than you know about me."
Chiefs RB, Priest Holmes

For every stupid person, there is a slightly less stupid person to tell them how stupid they are.

#6    mnemeion

mnemeion

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male

  • The Path I have taken is a lonely one but that is something I must endure.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:08 AM

Really? Cool. Thanks.

Posted Image

#7    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

    The Self-Proclaimed Genius

  • Member
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indonesia

  • Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

bball on Nov 14 2007, 08:12 AM, said:

Well again, that sounds about right.  Then consider perhaps it had recently eaten, it could even be bigger than that.


Which also explain the sluggish movement. I also have no doubt about this, I have a friend from Borneo who told me that when he was a small kid, he walked 5km from home to school, on the road one day he saw almost the same thing. there are many people also witnessing the snake, but nobody dares to come any closer. I think it was back in the 80s.

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius


#8    Nimiz

Nimiz

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2007

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

wow i love these snakes...
cmon people more info on this!!!

Edited by Nimiz, 14 November 2007 - 08:21 PM.


#9    Dee Murdock

Dee Murdock

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined:04 Nov 2007

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

I don't think its a reticulated python, and it would have to be alot bigger then 30 ft. as he didn't say a roadway, he said a highway, highway's are alot wider then 30 ft. Unless of course it was only one side, or 2-3 lanes. And reticulated pythons don't reach a girth of 1 ft. not that I've seen anyway. Reticulated Pythons are usually longer then an anaconda, but alot more slender in girth. I'd like to know more if possible though...


#10    bball

bball

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined:02 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male

  • "Is that a titleist?...A hole in one."

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

Dee Murdock on Nov 14 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

I don't think its a reticulated python, and it would have to be alot bigger then 30 ft. as he didn't say a roadway, he said a highway, highway's are alot wider then 30 ft. Unless of course it was only one side, or 2-3 lanes. And reticulated pythons don't reach a girth of 1 ft. not that I've seen anyway. Reticulated Pythons are usually longer then an anaconda, but alot more slender in girth. I'd like to know more if possible though...

The term highway is not used the same everywhere.  It isn't just a term for interstates.  And if the python was in the middle of digesting a wild boar or whatever, a 1ft diameter would be nothing unusual at all.

Edited by bball, 14 November 2007 - 10:11 PM.

Beauty has no imperfections.  Only perfect and beautiful imperfections.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the human imagination.  However, when that imagination leaves the mind, it is fair game.

"I want to leave every conversation knowing more about you than you know about me."
Chiefs RB, Priest Holmes

For every stupid person, there is a slightly less stupid person to tell them how stupid they are.

#11    Dee Murdock

Dee Murdock

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined:04 Nov 2007

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Thats tru, but unless we seen the picture of the "highway/interstate" we really couldn't determine the size, and wouldn't it only be 1ft diameter or more in the area where the boar is?


#12    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

    The Self-Proclaimed Genius

  • Member
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indonesia

  • Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Dee Murdock on Nov 15 2007, 05:19 AM, said:

Thats tru, but unless we seen the picture of the "highway/interstate" we really couldn't determine the size, and wouldn't it only be 1ft diameter or more in the area where the boar is?


Yo, that "highway" is in the Phillipines, ya! It's oubviously not as big as the Interstates in US where a humongous truck can practiced drifting grin2.gif .

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius


#13    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,137 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Royston Vasey

  • “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

here a big one.

Attached Thumbnails

  • spacc27.jpg
  • spacc28.jpg

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#14    wolfknight

wolfknight

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA Kentucky

  • There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:52 PM

itsnotoutthere on Nov 15 2007, 12:43 PM, said:

here a big one.


That is 1 big snake. Would hate to have big boy chasing me.



#15    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

    The Self-Proclaimed Genius

  • Member
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indonesia

  • Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

^

Quote

That is 1 big snake. Would hate to have big boy chasing me.


Yeah, plus if Andre Benjamin is in front of you with a big smile and streched hands!! grin2.gif

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users