Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stranger at the Dance

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Ghostdancer

Ghostdancer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:01 AM

This is a story that has been set in many different locations and with variations. It is an urban legend.

A young girl wants to attend a dance, but her parents will not allow her. She sneaks out of the house and shows up to where the dance is held and meets a young man whom she dances with. There is something a little strange about the way he is dancing and when she looks down at his feet one is like that of a goat and the other like that of a chicken and she lets out a scream. Another woman in attendance makes the sign of the cross and the man disappears in puff of smoke leaving a foul odor in wake.

Perhaps one of those tales to serve as a warning to young girls about strange men or not obeying parents?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

#2    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:19 PM

i think its the embodiment of a fear of people you like not being what they seem to be, you know, wrong first impressions, although its probably told by parents to teens for the reasons you mentioned. grin2.gif

#3    OutlawNiea

OutlawNiea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:49 AM

Yeah. I think its jsut made up to keep the children under the parents thumb. Parents dont like to lose their controle over their kids.  

#4    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:02 AM

I think it was made up by some nut . Random stuff is goooooooooooooood  grin2.gif

*Xeno sayzzz w00t*

Posted Image

#5    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:17 AM

Every year, hundreds of thousand of “dev” sighting are reported in Iran, last dev sighting outside Iran was in Canada on oct.18, 1999… a festival called Mohrgan!  A club go-er reported seeing three well dressed men, entering a building…. He said he didn’t think to be odd, until he noticed they weren’t shoes, and they have hoofs!

Iranian believe in different races of human, It comes from that mystical world of their old religion, we have a race people called “Devs”, Dev’s are a race of being that were the complete opposite of humans, example when they are a sleep (daytime) their eyes are open, they also rule the night, but not in a way bad.  They are just like us, they families, job and even  their own religion, they are a class of peris (fairies), they look and sound like us, they are even bilingual, speaking their own language, they language the of the country they live in, the only physical difference between a Dev and a humans, is that the have hoofs for feet.  

#6    anonymous57

anonymous57

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:56 PM

Would anyone have had a grudge against these devs, maybe thats why they got such bad press.

If you read this I now own your soul

#7    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:07 PM

hmm, interesting, shirini, about the devs, that is. ayt first i thought it was a computer term short for devil or something. never heard of them. grin2.gif  

#8    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:11 AM

well, Devs have two sub-cats, Light and Dark, the light devs were good, and tried to help "man", while the dark, would play pranks, etc!  The devs have had a bad rep since the very first time they are were mentioned, something about them being envious of humans.  Later when Islam came to Iran, it tried to make all class of persi's evil, the idea of the persi's being evil only lasted a few years, but the devs, haveing hoofs ( assistcion with devil) stuck.

MIM, the word devil or demon is roothed in the this mythology of the Dev. I not sure if it ws greeks or romans that first start use it in this context (evil).

#9    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:23 PM

in some ways sort of like the djinn/jinn of the same area. any connection there?

#10    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:31 PM

i think its unlikely, as what girl does not check out a mans shoes before dancing with him?

if the eyes are the window to the soul then your taste in shoes are a window to your taste in fashion.

i mean who would dance with a man in brown brogues?

ph34r.gif  

#11    Urielsfire

Urielsfire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
    -H.P. Lovecraft (1890-1937)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:52 PM

I find it interesting how many cultures on Earth seem to have myths based around men with the legs of goats(Greeks, Celts, Iranians, etc.)  Maybe there's something to this after all...

"What do you think this is, a costume?  This is a f***'in way of life!"
-Suicide, The Return of the Living Dead.

#12    buggyelfmaiden

buggyelfmaiden

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

• Little Warrior Elfie of the Army of Bored.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:05 PM

Heard Goats were great dancers though.  I mean why would so many slyphs go off to dance with them in Greek legends?  besides don't some people like sleeping with animals....

It's soooooooo not my thiing, Give my my hubby, a warm fire and blankies... but that's just a personal thing.

Buggy and Toe's Random Thoughts My LJ

My website - Enjoy.

Here stands an Elfin warrior... Confuse her for a Keebler sprite and you'll be lucky to leave with limbs in place. - me acting silly in one of my various DnD rpg's

"It's religion.  It's not supposed to make sense." - Melanie Rawn The Ruins of Ambrai

#13    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (ambyglam1 @ Jan 26 2004, 02:31 PM)
i think its unlikely, as what girl does not check out a mans shoes before dancing with him? if the eyes are the window to the soul then your taste in shoes are a window to your taste in fashion. i mean who would dance with a man in brown brogues?

hmmm, that answers alot of my questions....

#14    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (man_in_mudboots @ Jan 26 2004, 02:23 PM)
in some ways sort of like the djinn/jinn of the same area. any connection there?

very good MIM...Djinn’s are another race of Peris, they lived in daylight and on the same plain of exist with us.   Djinn have sub-classes also, but the most well known of this race are “Jeannie” from “I dream of Jeannie”, Aladdin’s Jeanie, and a horror movie called “The Wishmaster”.  I have never met anyone who’s why the Djinn have the power to grant wishes or why the wishes granted always have a bad ending, but it’s widely know that Islam banished them from our plain of existents, those who didn’t leave were imprisoned in inanimate objects!

Urielsfire, they don't goats legs, it's only their feet, starting from their ankles!  

#15    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (shirini @ Jan 26 2004, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (man_in_mudboots @ Jan 26 2004, 02:23 PM)

very good MIM...Djinn’s are another race of Peris, they lived in daylight and on the same plain of exist with us.  
              ~*~
Urielsfire, they don't goats legs, it's only their feet, starting from their ankles!

Thanks, shirini. blush.gif  original.gif
     ~*~
i think Urielsfire was referring not to devs in particular, but to all the goat-limbed (that would mean with feet or legs) mythical creatures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users