Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Put Up or Shut Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:12 AM

Since I joined this site last year, I have noticed a number of individuals, for whatever reasons, claiming to have mastery of supernatural powers.

I'm not talking people with true dreams, random visions, sixth sense, etc, that they have no control over.  I'm talking about those who reckon they can use their powers at will.

James Randi is offering 1 million dollars to these people.  Just show up, demonstrate your powers under properly observed conditions, and walk away with a cool 1 million dollars.

So...time to put up or shut up, folks.  Click on the link below, and prove to us all that you really do have paranormal powers.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Just watch those excuses start...

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#2    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,301 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:19 AM

so true:)

#3    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:27 AM

laugh.gif  

Posted Image

#4    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:32 AM

HAHAHA I will prove once and for all that I can...get back to you about whatever amazing power I make up.... whistling2.gif

That or you can face my army of ZOMBIE PENGUINS!

Seriously folks...I don't get why anyone would claim to have supernatural powers in the first place. Thats almost as bad as scaming money off people by claiming to be a faith healer.  

#5    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• It shouldn't be "Seize the day" but "Seize *every* day"

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:14 AM

I think I heard something similar to this. Some dude buried a whole lot of money on his property and invited supposed 'telepaths' to come and read his mind to find where he buried it. He charged $1000 for willing participants - to discourage those who were just out to waste his time.

blink.gif

Haha.

You don't have to believe that it will or believe that it wont - just that it's possible.

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Long live PLGROYR!

#6    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:59 AM

Xeno...you surprise me...you, with your might psion powers, are capable only of a ":lol:" go claim the million, go on grin2.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#7    fulltimekiller

fulltimekiller

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:43 AM

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 1 million dollar down the drain i cant do any of these power maybe i could but i dont know plus also usually these supernatural ability cant be demostrated if you are gonna use it to get rich or become a powerful person  

#8    zygon

zygon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• dead men tell no tales

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

aha! the million is mine! i have the power to.....uhm...ANNOY!!!!
as demonstrated in most of my posts.
hmmmm, maybe that wouldnt get the million.

My site!
--dont steal...the government doesnt like the competition.
save time, assume i know everything
if you're 555 then im 666
Posted Image

#9    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:00 PM

My power is....being able to tell if someone is full of it. Will I get that money?....

I already did.  tongue.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#10    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Jan 18 2004, 09:59 AM)
Xeno...you surprise me...you, with your might psion powers, are capable only of a ":lol:" go claim the million, go on grin2.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

He hasn't thought of his excuse yet...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:46 PM

ohmy.gif

Cuffy ~ you surprise me!
You being a fluffy-believer an' all!

laugh.gif

I actually detest James Randi as much as I detest fake mediums.

*blows big raspberry at them all*

Hammy x x x

#12    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (dancin'hamster @ Jan 18 2004, 03:46 PM)
ohmy.gif

Cuffy ~ you surprise me!
You being a fluffy-believer an' all!

laugh.gif

I actually detest James Randi as much as I detest fake mediums.

*blows big raspberry at them all*

Hammy x x x

laugh.gif

Hams, I am a believer, and I also detest James Randi...But...

There are a number of individuals on this site (and they know damn well who they are), who profess mastery of amazing powers, and boast of it where possible.

To them, they may be boasting to make themselves feel good.  I'd call it lying.  We discuss such incredible, difficult to grasp topics on these pages, it is the duty of every member to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

When someone spouts crap like having control of paranormal powers, they just make that job more difficult.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:55 PM

blink.gif

good point well made

#14    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 18 January 2004 - 04:40 PM

I covered this topic a while back, here is my results:

QUOTE (Xenojjin @ Dec 15 2003, 02:49 PM)
If I did do it I would use heat energy ( pyrokenisis ) to warm up my body temperature , but I would still never ever do this .

I really don't want them or many of the others around me to know , and a site like James randi's would just bassically screw my life over . Its not worth it to me . 

So let me see if I have this straight...

You folks have these amazing abilities to move items with your minds? You can heat up objects?

Skills that up throughout history have been scoffed at and ridiculed. You have the ability to change history and peoples perceptions of the powers of the human mind. You could show the entire world that humans are capable of so much more than what is currently accepted.

To confirm these skills would be a ground breaking, history making event. Others with your skills would be validated, no one would have to feel odd or left out for being able to perform these telekenetic acts.

You could have one million dollars to spend on any charity of your choice, you could feed hundreds of thousands of hungry people around the world...

The reason you don't want to do the above is:

1. "We don't like publicity at all".

and

2. Your family would be upset.

Hmmm, well Xeno, I guess you got me there. Looking at it that way, I guess it makes total sense. Lord knows all those starving people in Uganda wouldn't want you to have to endure uncomfortable silence at the Christmas dinner table...Don't knock yourself out if you are comfortable with your life...

Ahem...   

It sounds a bit odd that not one single person has been able to prove themselves as having the ability to move/alter/shift/heat/chill material with their minds. Plenty of stories; plenty of claims...no one has come forward to show their skills...

Heck, on this website alone there seems to be several people who claim to have this skill, it seems like someone should be able to step forward and show their skills to the world. If we have so many telekinetic people on this board alone, there should be lots more around the world who have the same skills as the folks here...

I am really open to pretty much any paranormal claim, but telekenisis just seems to fall flat when one looks at the evidence. There are some wonderful books on the subject of psychic powers that delve into telekenisis. I have read several, and really given some thought to the matter.

In nearly every case that I read about, the ability of telekenisis came from either questionable sources, flat out liars, old information handed down verbally over decades that could have been embellished, or came from second-hand sources.

I just don't buy it.

I hope I didn't cut and paste too much material, but it tells where my thoughts on the subject are at...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#15    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:13 PM

The reason no one has passed is because this foundation does not believe in psion powers and a non-believer can claim ridiculous reason to any phenomena seen.  So no one will win, and those who participate will be mocked.  This foundation just wants to prove a point, and pyschic powers do not exist according to their beliefs.  But real psions would never subject themselves to anal tests of a this nature.  They don't need to prove anything.  And besides, the military and secrets govts would be all over them.

History is like Time - it always repeats itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users