Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Real Life Saw

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Scream

Scream

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

I don't know if anybody remembers hearing about it or anything, but it was a while ago. Maybe a year or two ago, but there was a older guy that was a pizza delivery worker. He was about to leave work but his boss asked him to make one last delivery before he left. Well he went to the address which was out in the middle of nowhere. He got ambushed and had bomb strapped around his neck and chest. He was ordered to rob a bank and follow a set of instructions that would lead him to getting the key to take it off. So he went to the bank, got the money and of course got intercepted by the cops when he was going to one of the locations that had more instructions on where to go to get the key. They stopped him soon after that point and him sitting in the middle of the road while he was pleading for help saying the bomb was going to go off if in a certain amount of time. Bomb squad was on their way and when they were almost there it went off and yeah, you know what happened.

You Like Scary Movies?

#2    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Scream on Nov 18 2007, 06:08 AM, said:

I don't know if anybody remembers hearing about it or anything, but it was a while ago. Maybe a year or two ago, but there was a older guy that was a pizza delivery worker. He was about to leave work but his boss asked him to make one last delivery before he left. Well he went to the address which was out in the middle of nowhere. He got ambushed and had bomb strapped around his neck and chest. He was ordered to rob a bank and follow a set of instructions that would lead him to getting the key to take it off. So he went to the bank, got the money and of course got intercepted by the cops when he was going to one of the locations that had more instructions on where to go to get the key. They stopped him soon after that point and him sitting in the middle of the road while he was pleading for help saying the bomb was going to go off if in a certain amount of time. Bomb squad was on their way and when they were almost there it went off and yeah, you know what happened.

Its seems as if the guy with the bomb strapped around his neck was in on it. Mind you it seems like the plans changed resulting in him wearing an actual bomb but, none the less, he was in on it. All in all its a very twisted and strange case. Sadly if the guy had abandoned the "plan" and got to authorities long before time was up he could have lived, testified against the other people and been a lot better off.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/collar.bo...rges/index.html

Edited by Kevin A., 18 November 2007 - 04:15 PM.

#3    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

Scream on Nov 18 2007, 05:08 AM, said:

Many people have speculated that he was actually involved in the robbery and agreed to do it not knowing the bomb was the real deal etc.

BTW this is not a Saw copycat killing as this happened even before the movie and besides I doubt Jigsaw would make one of his victims rob a bank or strap a bomb to them cause it's not his MO.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#4    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

i'm always afriad when movies like saw come out because i know some idiots are going to try to copy that crap. half the crimes in america..... inspired by hollywood.

#5    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:27 PM

Godofcats on Nov 18 2007, 03:35 PM, said:

i'm always afriad when movies like saw come out because i know some idiots are going to try to copy that crap. half the crimes in america..... inspired by hollywood.

Again this happened before the Saw movies came out and the events that happened before, during and after the robbery in no way even remotely resembled anything in the Saw movies.

I can't specify enough this fact in regards to this crime.

Your fear is definitely unfounded as many Hollywood horror movies are instead inspired in part on real life events and killers etc.

Posted Image

#6    MUM24/7

MUM24/7

All Words And No Action !!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

• When I'm hungry, I EAT

When I'm thirsty, I DRINK

When my coffee is strong, I ADD sugar

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:41 PM

AtheistGod on Nov 19 2007, 10:27 AM, said:

Your fear is definitely unfounded as many Hollywood horror movies are instead inspired in part on real life events and killers etc.

You beat me to it..... thumbsup.gif

Some examples include, "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" , "The Amytiville Horror" and we can't forget the numerous telemovies inspired by Long Island teenager Amy Fisher, who shot her older lover's wife......

As they say, fact is stranger than fiction.....

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence,

Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race....

#7    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

MUM24/7 on Nov 18 2007, 05:41 PM, said:

You beat me to it..... thumbsup.gif

Some examples include, "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" , "The Amytiville Horror" and we can't forget the numerous telemovies inspired by Long Island teenager Amy Fisher, who shot her older lover's wife......

As they say, fact is stranger than fiction.....

I agree 110% with the above

Let's not forget other movies like Psycho, House of a 1000 Corpses among others as well.

There is always some truth to fictional work especially in the horror genre.

Posted Image

#8    splitpersonality

splitpersonality

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

saw is the worst

#9    Antikythera

Antikythera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

Godofcats on Nov 18 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

Hollywood doesn't inspire killers. Killers inspire Hollywood.

Edited by christinebc, 19 November 2007 - 10:31 AM.

#10    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

Hollywood doesn't have an original thought.

SunnyOutlook

I really try to keep an open mind, but don't insult my intelligence.

#11    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

SunnyOutlook on Nov 27 2007, 09:33 AM, said:

Hollywood doesn't have an original thought.

That's not true there is tons of originality in Hollywood, the problem is that studios do not want to take risks like they once did because of the cost of movies.

Posted Image

#12    ~Cheese~

~Cheese~

Psychic Spy

• 1,725 posts

• "By The Time The Fools Have Played The Game, The Players Will Have Already Dispersed." By: My Mentor Teacher

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hollywood has an orginal thought, they rather spice up with actual events

Posted Image

#13    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

Come on!  What I meant was, nothing has been done that hasn't been done before.  I can usually figure who did what in a mystery withing the first 15 to 30 minutes.  Every plot twist has been conceived of and done.  The only movie that caught me off guard was The Sixth Sense.

I'll give you producers don't want to take risks, and there may be original thoughts for movies and such, but even they are based on another idea.  Even Scream parodied the numerous horror movies that have come out, not to mention the parodies of the parodies.

SunnyOutlook

I really try to keep an open mind, but don't insult my intelligence.

#14    ~Cheese~

~Cheese~

Psychic Spy

• 1,725 posts

• "By The Time The Fools Have Played The Game, The Players Will Have Already Dispersed." By: My Mentor Teacher

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

SunnyOutlook on Nov 27 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

Come on!  What I meant was, nothing has been done that hasn't been done before.  I can usually figure who did what in a mystery withing the first 15 to 30 minutes.  Every plot twist has been conceived of and done.  The only movie that caught me off guard was The Sixth Sense.

I'll give you producers don't want to take risks, and there may be original thoughts for movies and such, but even they are based on another idea.  Even Scream parodied the numerous horror movies that have come out, not to mention the parodies of the parodies.

True True..

Posted Image

#15    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

SunnyOutlook on Nov 27 2007, 03:06 PM, said:

There are a lot of super creative people out there with a load of original ideas there always will be.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users