Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Is Not Altering Mars Colors

Lionel

user posted imageOk, the initial alarm was raised after it was noticed that the color-calibration sundial mounted on the rover, looked quite markedly different in the Mars-Panorama shots compared to its regular appearance.Immediately wide-ranging theories began to pop up. At this stage I knew very little of the particulars of the PanCam so I decided to go and see what the Horses mouth had to say. I sent out a swag of emails to the NASA marsrover team, the Athena Instrument team at Cornell University, and the long shot, an email to Assoc. Professor James Bell. Who is the Pancam Payload Element Lead for the mission. Now, getting no response from the Athena team, and an automated response from the NASA team. I was amazed and delighted to see that Dr. Bell had indeed taken the time out of his busy schedule to help explain this quirk in the panorama pictures

Now, as far as the pink tab where the blue one should be, that email is infact the complete answer. But its not easily understandable to the layman. Below I will attempt to explain why this occurs.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: ATSNN

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Athlon64

• bathory

• Babs

• doomgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not the skeptical type...

...but could this be hoax?

A lot of people claimed that the first mission to the Moon was a hoax due to the same rocks seen in a multitude of pictures in 1969. Then during the first Mars mission to collect samples, people thought they recognized familiar Earth landscapes rocky terrains in the pictures the rover sent back. Many claimed that the first Mars mission was controlled in a rocky enivornment somewhere on Earth. And now with the colours of the rover camera on Mars being different than previously assumed, could NASA being playing us?

But the question is, why would they do this?

So many brave people have gone into space, some have even lost their lives, and we're still talking 'hoaxes'! crying.gif

So many brave people have gone into space, some have even lost their lives, and we're still talking 'hoaxes'!  crying.gif 

Really!! thumbsup.gif

1. Way to go Lionel! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your persistence and dedication to facts!

2. How can anyone not recognize the direct link between the technology

we enjoy today and the moon walks?! blink.gif

Undoubtedly, when we do reach Mars some will cry HOAX. wacko.gif

post-60-1074660727.gif

• 2 weeks later...
whistling2.gifthumbsup.gif The earth looks blue because of the ocean's, so doesn't it make sense that mars looks the way it does because of all that dirt

The earth looks blue because of the ocean's, so doesn't it make sense that mars looks the way it does because of all that dirt

please be kidding...

No, Doomgirl. The Earth looks blue because our atmosphere scatters blue light most efficiently. The oceans look blue because they reflect this light.

Lionel...

I can't get into that source...maybe you could tell us about the article.