Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Happens When We Die?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1    MarKy090

MarKy090

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:21 AM

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

#2    Egyptian-Illuminati

Egyptian-Illuminati

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:57 AM

Well, yes, you could say this, because when you sleep, you unconciously - or conciously - go to the 'Astral Plane' of existence. This is where your spiritual body always resides. You have a vehicle  - your body if you will, and your spirit utilizes this body to exist on the Physical Plane of existence. When you die, your spiritual body simply separates from your physical body and roams the spirit world, never to return to the physical.
So when you sleep, yes, you are "dead" in a sense, but still connected to your physical body and can return back. This happens every night, to everybody and everything that exists.
You can train yourself to Astral Project at will. You then have access to the spiritual realm where you can learn alot from your spiritual guides.
All your dead loved ones are there, awaiting you, and when you go there and call out for them, they will appear for you. Its simply magic, and meeting the Son of the Almighty really makes you smile. grin2.gif

Fri. Nov. 7th/08

"Our nearness to you grows each day and soon we shall walk shoulder to shoulder with you."

-SaLuSa
Extraterrestial from the Sirius Constellation, member of the Galactic Federation of Light.

#3    MarKy090

MarKy090

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

Egyptian-Illuminati on Nov 26 2007, 05:57 AM, said:

Well, yes, you could say this, because when you sleep, you unconciously - or conciously - go to the 'Astral Plane' of existence. This is where your spiritual body always resides. You have a vehicle  - your body if you will, and your spirit utilizes this body to exist on the Physical Plane of existence. When you die, your spiritual body simply separates from your physical body and roams the spirit world, never to return to the physical.
So when you sleep, yes, you are "dead" in a sense, but still connected to your physical body and can return back. This happens every night, to everybody and everything that exists.
You can train yourself to Astral Project at will. You then have access to the spiritual realm where you can learn alot from your spiritual guides.
All your dead loved ones are there, awaiting you, and when you go there and call out for them, they will appear for you. Its simply magic, and meeting the Son of the Almighty really makes you smile. grin2.gif

So, is this what really happens? Im troubled.

#4    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:27 AM

MarKy090 on Nov 26 2007, 07:20 PM, said:

So, is this what really happens? Im troubled.

It's as much a fairy tale as Heaven and Hell.

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

#5    Hot_Mama

Hot_Mama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

well dude... you roam in spirit world ...when your dead... and wait for your judgment..
whether u go to hell or heaven

#6    Egyptian-Illuminati

Egyptian-Illuminati

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

Tele-Learner on Nov 26 2007, 12:05 PM, said:

well dude... you roam in spirit world ...when your dead... and wait for your judgment..
whether u go to hell or heaven

There is no judgement, i cant stress that more.....

Fri. Nov. 7th/08

"Our nearness to you grows each day and soon we shall walk shoulder to shoulder with you."

-SaLuSa
Extraterrestial from the Sirius Constellation, member of the Galactic Federation of Light.

#7    Papaver

Papaver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:50 PM

Mad Manfred on Nov 26 2007, 08:27 AM, said:

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

I think the same.  Oblivion after death.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

#8    chemical-licker

chemical-licker

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

judgement what judgement?   i see you didn't earn enough money to go into heaven,  

forget worrying about dieing and live, your gonna die so nothing really matters wink2.gif

#9    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

The question of judgement and hell comes up a lot.

This is what I think "hell" is. Indulge me for a moment:

When I was a kid, I remember shooting a gold finch with a pellet gun and killing it. I felt nothing and thought it was fun. I killed a lot of things as a kid.

When I was in my early 20's, I received a false positive on an HIV test. for three weeks, while other tests were done, I thought I was under a death sentence.
Suddenly, I felt horrible about every animal I had hunted and killed. I have never killed another animal for amusement since then, and never will ever again.

I think that when we die, the limitations of our own human mind are removed and we see "what is" as we rejoin a collective existance. In the same way my false HIV positive opened me up to the empathy of death, I think that when we die, all our human enablers--justification, the ego, rationalization of the evil we do, etc..-- are removed, and we see the good and the evil we did. The regret must be agony.

this is what I believe Hell to be. An honest and clear understanding of your own life. If you did evil, it would be horrible. If you did good, it would be wonderful. Heaven and hell.

#10    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

You die, the end. And, until this time of passing a person is making nothing more than guesses and assumptions as to whats
beyond the realm of death.

As far as death is concerned, don't dwell on it! It's inevitable anyway. Just live life to the fullest, and make the best with the
time you do have.

Regards,
Tom

Edited by Tom R, 26 November 2007 - 03:37 PM.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#11    Anthony Peake

Anthony Peake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• Author of the book 'Is There Life After Death, The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When You Die'.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:28 PM

MarKy090 on Nov 26 2007, 04:21 AM, said:

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

Due to pressures regarding my second book I have not been on this site for about six weeks or so. If you are really interested in an alternative theory as to what happens when you die that is based upon science (specifically quantum physics and neurology) then please take the opportunity to listen in on the UK based rock station KERRANG on Wednesday 5th December at 2230 (UK time). I will be interviewed on that station and I will be presenting my theory. The intention is that I will do the interview then in  January or so I will return and there will be a full, open phone-in available to those who wish to ask me questions or join in the debate. This will last three hours or so. The initial interview can be listened to online at www.kerrangradio.co.uk.  This will be a big debate. Over 20,000 people across the world have now read the book and I wish as many as possible to be aware of this event. For futher info Check out my blogsite and my Website

Anthony Peake

Edited by Anthony Peake, 27 November 2007 - 09:14 AM.

#12    ValpoSeeker

ValpoSeeker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• If you ever figure out the secret of the Universe dont tell anyone or its all over.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

Every time I see this topic brought up I really want to reply but the bottom line is you cant prove scientifically whether you go on after death or not but that said I have more than strong opinions on the subject through personal experience. Its amazing that some people take a huge leap of faith by making blanket statements like "You die, The end!". Lets start by looking at the science we do know. Neurologists understand that describing consciousness in purely classical neural electrical and biological phenomena alone doesnt cut the mustard, there is just more going on there. As research progresses it seems apparent that there is a holographic component to brain function.

The science aside I personally have not one doubt that the energy which is you survives physical death. I believe this because I firmly believe that the physical world we perceive is purely a creation of outr consciousness. Without consciousness the universe would only exist in probability. I myself had a NDE a few years back and experienced things impossible to put into words. It was not my time to leave this existence and I came back but what I experienced at the time was as real as anything I ever exprienced. I can only say keep an open mind and understand that it takes as much faith to believe that death means lights out as it does to believe consciousness goes on.

#13    Adalwolf

Adalwolf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

Depends on your religion. If you are Christian you'll go to heaven or hell. Same with Islam. If you have no religion, then maybe you will just fade away into oblivion. Me, I follow Asatru, so hopefully I'll end up in Valhalla.

#14    chris57

chris57

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• "all of life is a show and in this show there is only one director, writter and actor and that is you" Chris57

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:19 AM

hmm that's a toughy question, no one truly knows what happens after we die. the most devoat and religous priests and the most stubborn of atheists have much in common, no matter how long they live, no matter how they were brought up, and no matter what they believe in the will question it very seriously atleast once. Priest are human too, they must ask themselves on occassion what if there is nothing what if my faith is wrong. The Atheist will question too he or she will have a moment when they think there has to be something more then just to blink into nothingness. These questions are normal and essential to strengthing or changing your ideas all together. In my opinioni'd like to think there is consiousness after death. But what is after life like? nothingness, eternal bliss, an avergage day, a start or a new mortal life, immense pain and suffereing or something we can't even begin to imagine.No matter what you believe in try to find happiness in your beliefs no matter what they may be. The next person may not have the same beliefs as you but that doesn't mean you should think less of them because of it. The other has full entitlement to their opinion so before you try to convert to your beliefs someone please don't be so ignorant, try to place yourself in their shoes, think if i believed in this and was happy would i want someone to preach at me and critisize me over and over?

"we are helpless to ourselfs, we are helpless to who we are" chris57,

#15    Madeleine

Madeleine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

Unfortunatley we have to decide for ourselves and if possible come to terms with pur own mortality if you can't then all religeons have and afterlife!

Dying is a part of life! yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users