Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Happens When We Die?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

MarKy090 on Nov 26 2007, 04:21 AM, said:

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

I'm not sure what I beleive; however, I do beleive we all know the answer - we just have to "dig it out" of our minds.  I haven't "dug it fully out" of my mind yet but I'm still digging and I feel that I'm making progress.  I do believe there is an "afterlife" though.  I believe evidence of an "afterlife" can be found all around us; namely, nature,  science, or the study of the "Maker's laws"  (all three are the same thing).  More specifically, study Einstein's E=MC^2,  the dualism of light, and harmonics.  You don't have to be a follower of a "religion" to find the answers.  Good luck.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#62    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

the only thing that is sure is that i will have my rest when i die...... heeheheh

I was born crying, I die crying,
Why i cant remember the days of the past..
Internal silence Keep it...
im going gone insane...
I must be infinite!!!

#63    Foolosophy

Foolosophy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

To people saying "do you remember what it was like before you were born?".

Do you remember what it was like when you were a month old? No? Well according to your logic you didn't exist.

#64    PryOpenUr3rdEye

PryOpenUr3rdEye

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• You see things, and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were, and say "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

I don't understand it when people say just enjoy life while you're here and don't think too much about death.  You should enjoy it yes, but for example, if I woke up in a strange new place tomorrow morning with no recallection of how I got there, I would very much want to know why and how I'm there.  I came into this world somehow and I'm one day going to leave it, I wanna try and figure it out while I have the chance.   This life business is a trip.  It doesn't make sense to me how my consciousness was birthed from nothing and will fade back into nothing after death.  Nothing can be created nor destroyed right?  Just transformed into something new?

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder, then one closed by belief"
-Gerry Spence

#65    Goatness

Goatness

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

• "What goes around, comes around, so I'm giving everybody cookies."

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:31 AM

How about we concentrate on living our lives so it's the best when we die. original.gif

"Only believe the information you don't trust - it's always right,"
-me

"Civilization began when man cast words instead of a stone,"
-Freud

"Pssst...I know where the chihuahua is buried."
-Me again

#66    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Foolosophy on Apr 9 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

To people saying "do you remember what it was like before you were born?".

Do you remember what it was like when you were a month old? No? Well according to your logic you didn't exist.

Your parents remember when you were a month old, whereas before and after death you're on your own.

PryOpenUr3rdEye on Apr 9 2008, 05:46 AM, said:

I don't understand it when people say just enjoy life while you're here and don't think too much about death.  You should enjoy it yes, but for example, if I woke up in a strange new place tomorrow morning with no recallection of how I got there, I would very much want to know why and how I'm there.  I came into this world somehow and I'm one day going to leave it, I wanna try and figure it out while I have the chance.   This life business is a trip.  It doesn't make sense to me how my consciousness was birthed from nothing and will fade back into nothing after death.  Nothing can be created nor destroyed right?  Just transformed into something new?

Well some people spend too much time thinking about death, the afterlife and how to get there that they forget to live their own lives. What is the point when they learn that they're whole life was wasted because they wanted more life when they didn't use the ages they were certain they had properly?

We can tell you where you came from, it's easy. Your brain forms in the womb, thats where 'you' were created, your brain one day will die, thats where 'you' will be destroyed. There's nothing to suggest that there is anything beyond that, but people seem to hate the idea that we are our brains, despite how intricate and powerful are brains actually are. They're capable of imagining an afterlife, and the width of the universe, but for some people it's still not enough. It all wasn't just birthed from nothing, unless you consider your mother to be nothing, and her mother to also be nothing, back until the dawn of time. You were created from the atoms that existed since the big bang. Matter is eternal. Life is not. When you die the atoms will keep existing, without ever knowing it was part of a living breathing organism.

"We are a way for the universe to know itself." - Carl Sagan

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#67    PryOpenUr3rdEye

PryOpenUr3rdEye

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• You see things, and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were, and say "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Cradle of Fish on Apr 9 2008, 08:52 AM, said:

Your parents remember when you were a month old, whereas before and after death you're on your own.

Well some people spend too much time thinking about death, the afterlife and how to get there that they forget to live their own lives. What is the point when they learn that they're whole life was wasted because they wanted more life when they didn't use the ages they were certain they had properly?

We can tell you where you came from, it's easy. Your brain forms in the womb, thats where 'you' were created, your brain one day will die, thats where 'you' will be destroyed. There's nothing to suggest that there is anything beyond that, but people seem to hate the idea that we are our brains, despite how intricate and powerful are brains actually are. They're capable of imagining an afterlife, and the width of the universe, but for some people it's still not enough. It all wasn't just birthed from nothing, unless you consider your mother to be nothing, and her mother to also be nothing, back until the dawn of time. You were created from the atoms that existed since the big bang. Matter is eternal. Life is not. When you die the atoms will keep existing, without ever knowing it was part of a living breathing organism.

"We are a way for the universe to know itself." - Carl Sagan

I agree that some people think way too much about death to the point where that's all they've ever done with life.  A heathy balance would be nice, its human nature to be curious (and unfortunately so is being fearful of the unknown). I don't fear death, its as universal as everything else.  The idea of becoming nonexistent honestly doesn't bother me, I held that belief for most of my childhood actually.  The fact of the matter is that nobody knows what happens after death, and if they say they do they're probably wrong, at this point in time its still a mystery.  To conclude that we simply cease to exist seems premature.  Through my eyes nothing is 100% certain, there could be an infinite amount of unknown variables when it comes to everything.

-Gerry Spence

#68    Gunmunky

Gunmunky

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

We take in death, what we give to others in life.

LoL DONTEATUS

#69    Xena.

Xena.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

MarKy090 on Nov 26 2007, 12:21 AM, said:

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

Well to many it depends on what you believe in. If your religious or not. I know what does happen. But its not like anyone would believe, and I am sure there are plenty of non religious types on the forum.

#70    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

PryOpenUr3rdEye on Apr 9 2008, 06:51 PM, said:

To conclude that we simply cease to exist seems premature.  Through my eyes nothing is 100% certain, there could be an infinite amount of unknown variables when it comes to everything.

But all the evidence so far points to us just being our brains and nothing else. You can never know for certain, yes, but you can know beyond reasonable doubt, which is as certain as you can get.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#71    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:42 AM

Well well well you will never know until you go. WHich is quite true because life after death. When will you know? After death.

Edited by Sporkling, 10 April 2008 - 04:43 AM.

#72    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:25 AM

No one knows, and anyone who claims to know for sure needs to recheck their line of thinking. I do hope there is an afterlife though. And also the ability to not exist for those who'd rather cease instead of continueing.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#73    PryOpenUr3rdEye

PryOpenUr3rdEye

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

Cradle of Fish on Apr 9 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

But all the evidence so far points to us just being our brains and nothing else. You can never know for certain, yes, but you can know beyond reasonable doubt, which is as certain as you can get.

In either case, you still have to make a leap of faith, no?

-Gerry Spence

#74    x o i s k

x o i s k

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:41 AM

Who even knows, we are all but wanderers in guessing—we have no actualities, only a faith according to what any of us believe (there’s nothing wrong with this). I can’t say where we go, or what happens, I can only hope that there’s a format of Life after Death, you know? I don’t want to say I’m fearful of death, just conscious of it. I think about it a lot and I like to think that age warps this away, not that you begin to accept Death; but you just learn to let it be. There’s not enough time to ponder death, when we must not forsake the life that we’re living now.

#75    timbeau

timbeau

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:05 AM

I think about this at times, and to be honest, I'm content with there being "nothingness" after I die, even though I'm into Buddhism and find reincarnation to be fascinating.

Edited by timbeau, 11 April 2008 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users