Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Happens When We Die?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76    Elite

Elite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

• ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

wen u die thats it nothing is after that but oblivion, non existense if u will so thats why i dont worry about dying because wen u die u cant worry or be angry because u dont exist u dont have a mind to think with so u cant get bored or scared or anything well this is wat i think atleast

Edited by Elite, 14 April 2008 - 07:37 PM.

#77    djanrchy

djanrchy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

There is a myth that states you lose 18 grams when you die.  Your soul.  But then again, aren't we all going to hell anyways?  I've got more important things to worry about concerning tomorrow seeing as how I have no control over my final destiny or even the path life has chosen for me.  Proof of that is what I would have liked my life to be and what it has become are two different roads, regardless of how much I strove for what I wanted.  My path until death has already been chosen, why should my eternity be any different.

#78    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:59 AM

djanrchy on Apr 15 2008, 08:31 PM, said:

There is a myth that states you lose 18 grams when you die. Your soul.

You're right, it's simply a myth.

But then again, aren't we all going to hell anyways? I've got more important things to worry about concerning tomorrow seeing as how I have no control over my final destiny or even the path life has chosen for me. Proof of that is what I would have liked my life to be and what it has become are two different roads, regardless of how much I strove for what I wanted. My path until death has already been chosen, why should my eternity be any different.

We choose our paths through life. One feels that life is governed by destiny only because one has given up striving for a better existence.

#79    Mademoiselle

Mademoiselle

Poltergeist

• 2,432 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

Elite on Apr 14 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

wen u die thats it nothing is after that but oblivion, non existense if u will so thats why i dont worry about dying because wen u die u cant worry or be angry because u dont exist u dont have a mind to think with so u cant get bored or scared or anything well this is wat i think atleast

How can you be so sure ?

It's our brain that halts . Our minds are not in our brains .. they are eternal .

La vie est un long fleuve tranquille .....

#80    artful

artful

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Trying to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out ;)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:16 AM

I have really enjoyed reading the variety of view points about what happens when we die.  That truly is one of the unexplained mysteries as far as I'm concerned. Maybe there isn't just one answer to what happens. I mean when we are alive, we choose different paths, directions, and experiences.  Perhaps death is like that also.   cool.gif

#81    lady0ffire

lady0ffire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

I currently believe in spirit world too but keep my mind open. There are so many miracles in life..seeds growing into huge oaks.. tiny sperm into human life that loves cries laughs and thinks... and other things that it seems crazy for there not to be anything more to life.

I tried to astral project many times but was unsuccessful. I finally did, but only my right hand... But then.. my body started shaking and I felt chills down my spine and an 'evil' presence right near me. So I immediately stopped and never tried again. >_<

#82    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

What happens when we die? - Well provided you are no cremated, decomposition.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#83    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Mad Manfred on Nov 26 2007, 01:27 AM, said:

It's as much a fairy tale as Heaven and Hell.

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

Simple, straight to the point.

WIN!!!

I agree.

HN

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#84    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

lady0ffire on Jan 10 2009, 08:42 AM, said:

I currently believe in spirit world too but keep my mind open. There are so many miracles in life..seeds growing into huge oaks.. tiny sperm into human life that loves cries laughs and thinks... and other things that it seems crazy for there not to be anything more to life.

I tried to astral project many times but was unsuccessful. I finally did, but only my right hand... But then.. my body started shaking and I felt chills down my spine and an 'evil' presence right near me. So I immediately stopped and never tried again. >_<

They are not miracles, that is just basic biology. We know how it happens and what makes it work.

YNWA

#85    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,546 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

lady0ffire on Jan 10 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

You astral projected just your right hand?  I was under the impression that astral projecting was something done with the mind.  How just your right hand?  

HN

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#86    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

HerNibs on Jan 10 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

You astral projected just your right hand?  I was under the impression that astral projecting was something done with the mind.  How just your right hand?  

HN

It is supposed to be projecting your mind out of your body (despite the physical impossibility of this).

YNWA

#87    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,546 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Mattshark on Jan 10 2009, 08:15 AM, said:

It is supposed to be projecting your mind out of your body (despite the physical impossibility of this).

Yeah, that's what I thought.  I don't buy into it at all.  original.gif

Just thought it was even more bizarre that only her hand went.

disgust.gif

HN

#88    lady0ffire

lady0ffire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

When someone astral projects or maybe I mean OBE you have to be in an utterly relaxed state,
Allow your mind to calm itself and feel your spirit being pulled from your body. Since I'm never fully relaxed it took a long time to achieve.
And again it starts with some of your body but you have to keep pulling, I didn't because, again I told you the sensation was too strong and scary.
I swear to you I am not lieing, I have no reason too.
But everyone says OBE's are good, even though I didn't fully enter it I don't believe it's safe.

#89    Nucular

Nucular

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

Sama on Apr 16 2008, 08:26 AM, said:

How can you be so sure ?

It's our brain that halts . Our minds are not in our brains .. they are eternal .

How can you be so sure?

#90    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

lady0ffire on Jan 10 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

When someone astral projects or maybe I mean OBE you have to be in an utterly relaxed state,
Allow your mind to calm itself and feel your spirit being pulled from your body. Since I'm never fully relaxed it took a long time to achieve.
And again it starts with some of your body but you have to keep pulling, I didn't because, again I told you the sensation was too strong and scary.
I swear to you I am not lieing, I have no reason too.
But everyone says OBE's are good, even though I didn't fully enter it I don't believe it's safe.

No it is not. You can not astrally project your hand. It is safe because it is not real. Things that are not real aren't dangerous.

Ever heard the term psychosomatic? Believing you experienced something does mean you have experienced something.
OBE's are also perfectly explainable by reality rather than conjecture.

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users