Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Czech guy works on WOW signal

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

you all remember the WOW signal, right?

some info was sent to me recently about this guy 'Turec' who supposedly worked out the signal.. unfortunately it's all in czech and i don't yet know how to translate a page into english (maybe onne can help with that)

anyway here's the link

http://www.sweb.cz/12wow/soubory/bio14.html

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#2    Sleeping with Fishes

Sleeping with Fishes

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

I have translated it for you.

Na obrázku číslo 11 A a 11 B tj. předposlední a poslední, vidíme již skutečný výtvor v této sérii mimozemšťanů, který bude zřejmě pro čtenáře nejzajímavější a to pro jeho realistické pojetí, jelikož jsem jednotlivé body těchto figur vzájemně propojil a vzápětí tyto body (kroužky) po propojení vyloučil. Teprve nyní můžeme mluvit o kresbě takové, jak jí většina z nás rozumí a vnímá.

Hi everybody.  I'm 11 years old (thats 11) i want to tell you something really important.  Have a peep at the below sketch.  I did it the other day when i was sitting out on my back porch.  It is of a creature I once saw that looks like a cross between a transformer and Picachu.  Check it out y'all.

untitled.JPG

Čidla, jako oči a uši, označeno modře. Veškeré pohyblivé části figury včetně genitálií, označeny červeně

I was like WOW, that's some crazy creature right there.  It is very probably some kind of space alien or something.

* I can't be bothered to translate the rest now but rest assured it is scary stuff!!!! original.gif

#3    III

III

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:25 AM

Damn!

Looking forward to more translation, it seems interesting.

#4    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:00 AM

Spanky_ on Nov 29 2007, 09:49 AM, said:

Hi everybody.  I'm 11 years old (thats 11) i want to tell you something really important.  Have a peep at the below sketch.  I did it the other day when i was sitting out on my back porch.  It is of a creature I once saw that looks like a cross between a transformer and Picachu.  Check it out y'all.

I was like WOW, that's some crazy creature right there.  It is very probably some kind of space alien or something.

haha let the dissemination of this thread commence!

This 11 year olds work is GROUNDBREAKING!

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Twitter me - http://twitter.com/whoissyntax

#5    Bill Hill

Bill Hill

Marshal Law

• 9,938 posts

• If I had my own world
    I'd build you an empire
    From here to the far lands
    To spread love like violence

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

I always thought the 'wow' was being sarcastic.

linked-image

Thanks for the dots...like... really wow.

Posted Image
Something in your heart, feel like someThing nEw.

#6    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:27 AM

Whist perusing the resources for the WOW signal...something kept nagging me.

The location of the signal was: epoch J2000.0

Epoch...Epoch...the name just kept nagging me for so long. I did a search for it and found nothing...until I snapped my fingers and remembered..

ENOCH!

Enoch is someone in history whose books have been scrutinized for their possible reference to alien abductions when he reportedly had an out of body experience after he was visited by:

Two men, very tall, such as I have never seen on earth. And their faces shone like the sun, and their eyes were like burning lamps...They stood at the head of my bed and called me by name. i awoke clearly and saw these men standing in front of me

These men then reportedly took Enoch on a tour of the "Seven Heavens".

It's just a thought, but what if the location of the signal plays just as much importance to its validity as the message itself?

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”

#7    FireMoon

FireMoon

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

• Nobody goes there anymore.... It's too crowded ...Yogi Bera.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:34 AM

"I always thought the 'wow' was being sarcastic."

Not in the slightest, I've seen the guy interviewed . His WOW, was very much a *holy little green men batman" WOW!!. AFAIK, the actual meaning of the code it was reported in is still a secret today. That is, the exact meaning of the reference to it on the display is still classified.

#8    Feanor

Feanor

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

• "If there is truly evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind!”

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

And they say that Japanese is hard to learn! >.< I kept looking at that site and well, I am kinda O.o

Anyway, would be good a translation just to know what the hell he is trying to say.

#9    SunDogDayze

SunDogDayze

Psychic Spy

• 1,735 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

I thought this was going to be some World of Warcraft signal or something. I was all ready with my cursor on the rolleyes smiley.

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

#10    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

Syntax on Nov 29 2007, 03:27 AM, said:

Whist perusing the resources for the WOW signal...something kept nagging me.

The location of the signal was: epoch J2000.0

Epoch...Epoch...the name just kept nagging me for so long. I did a search for it and found nothing...until I snapped my fingers and remembered..

ENOCH!

Enoch is someone in history whose books have been scrutinized for their possible reference to alien abductions when he reportedly had an out of body experience after he was visited by:

These men then reportedly took Enoch on a tour of the "Seven Heavens".

It's just a thought, but what if the location of the signal plays just as much importance to its validity as the message itself?

Wow, I've seen some gigantic jumps to conclusions before, but that one would make olympic long jumpers proud.

Epoch in astronomy means:

a. an arbitrarily fixed instant of time or date, usually the beginning of a century or half century, used as a reference in giving the elements of a planetary orbit or the like.
b. the mean longitude of a planet as seen from the sun at such an instant or date.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#11    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:42 AM

Cradle of Fish on Nov 30 2007, 06:36 AM, said:

Wow, I've seen some gigantic jumps to conclusions before, but that one would make olympic long jumpers proud.

Epoch in astronomy means:

a. an arbitrarily fixed instant of time or date, usually the beginning of a century or half century, used as a reference in giving the elements of a planetary orbit or the like.
b. the mean longitude of a planet as seen from the sun at such an instant or date.

I'm well aware of what it means. I think you'll find i'm more well researched than that.

The 'jump' in conclusion was purely used to draw similarity to support an argument...

not that Enoch has anything to do with the WOW signal...but the fact the cultural reference jogged my memory and got my mind working. Hence why I ended with this statement:

but what if the location of the signal plays just as much importance to its validity as the message itself?

Interpretation of the signal itself is meaningless, the message is merely electronic interference that does not correspond with the normal background noise of the universe...hence why it is deemed artificial.

In other words, my statement was meant to draw conclusion to the fact that the signal can't be cracked as such, because there is nothing to crack. We are focusing on the wrong aspect of the message.

#12    JBflorida

JBflorida

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

umm...what language is that page in cause I was gonna translate it but it isn't in czech at all. . .any one wanna help me out.

#13    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,684 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

Syntax on Nov 30 2007, 02:42 AM, said:

Interpretation of the signal itself is meaningless, the message is merely electronic interference that does not correspond with the normal background noise of the universe...hence why it is deemed artificial.

In other words, my statement was meant to draw conclusion to the fact that the signal can't be cracked as such, because there is nothing to crack. We are focusing on the wrong aspect of the message.

what he said.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#14    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

i'll try to get the guy who sent it to me to drop by here.. (he says it's czech??) i managed to find a latin translation site (of all things) but yet to translate this..

Spanky.. go have a **** or something huh? clear those blocked arteries, get your brain back in gear and come join us again soon..

Burroughs Rules @ Emma Acid.. did i ever tell you about the man who taught his ass to talk? original.gif

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#15    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,684 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

unit on Dec 1 2007, 03:19 AM, said:

i'll try to get the guy who sent it to me to drop by here.. (he says it's czech??) i managed to find a latin translation site (of all things) but yet to translate this..

Spanky.. go have a **** or something huh? clear those blocked arteries, get your brain back in gear and come join us again soon..

Burroughs Rules @ Emma Acid.. did i ever tell you about the man who taught his ass to talk? original.gif

Just finished Naked Lunch actually.. gave me nightmares!  crying.gif

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users