Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

You die in your dreams, you die in real life.

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#16    soto88

soto88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have never died in my dreams although I have had close calls.

#17    ~ MacDDT ~

~ MacDDT ~

___~ ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ ~___

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

• I hope that I'm reincarnated as a bug because I know where I will find a good meal

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

Matt121 on Dec 8 2007, 09:16 AM, said:

one had even died from a heart attack in his sleep after telling his parents how terrible his nightmares were and was scared of falling asleep.

From what I remember it was a  Cambodian family that moved to The States and it was their teenage son that died... I can't help you with a link though (check out Wes Craven)

"It’s funny how the colours of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen." Alex - Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange

#18    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:01 AM

There have been reports of people dying in their sleeps, and reports that they had had problems with nigh terrors and things. But we can't really ask them if they died in their dream, now can we? lol. I think alot of it probably has to do with sleep apnea and I've heard that night terrors have been blamed for some deaths, though I'm sure no one could ever really prove it. Like I said, I think alot of it has to do with sleep apnea. I've known a couple of people that suffered from this, and they seemed like they suffered from  night terrors at the same time. They would have these experiences where they would wake up terrified, as if from a nightmare, and gasping for breath. One, who was an old boss of mine, had a father who died from sleep apnea, and he recognized the symptoms right away. The other was an old friend of mine, and it took her a while before she got diagnosed. She used to always talk about being terrified that she would die in her dreams and, in turn, die in real life. I never asked why she felt this, but she was always complaining of terrible nightmares, even though she never knew what they were.  They say night terrors are usually found in children, but adults get them too.  I haven't known anyone else with sleep apnea, so I don't know if the nightmare thing really fits in with all of them. Maybe, because the body stops breathing, the body sends signals to the brain of distress, which would cause the person to wake up feeling frightened and disoriented. Course, I'm most certainly not an expert on that subject.

Edit: I have died in my dreams plenty of times. I feel something, although I can probably say in all honesty that its not the pain that I would ACTUALLY feel if some of this stuff REALLY happened to me. Usually, when I have a "dying dream", I have the dream over and over again until I live or force myself to wake up before I die. It's really annoying. Thankfully, I've become a master of waking myself up. It's actually pretty easy. I just keep saying "This is a DREAM" and it sort of melts away. Oddly enough, I still haven't been able to actually, consciously, have a lucid dream. I only ever get any control at certain points during nightmares. Again, really annoying.

Edited by Sweetsalem82103, 09 December 2007 - 04:14 AM.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

#19    Smile Now Cry Later

Smile Now Cry Later

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

when ever i have a dream im falling i always wake up before i hit the ground

The good die young..

#20    slipklok

slipklok

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

• Blacker than the Blackest Black times Infinity!!!!! - Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

Ive died many times in my dreams.
death by fire
death by falling
death by drowning
death by lethal injections
death by chickens
death by zombies
death by robots
death by car (or plane) crash

BYAAAAAAH!!!!

#21    aflac duck

aflac duck

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

i remember getting shot twice in the back by a robber in a dream i had. i remember closing my eyes like i was dying but then i woke up.

#22    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

I have been beheaded in one of my dreams.  I even watched, in this very dream - I was now a disembodied being, whilst my body was cleared up, all the people watching the beheading via a guillotine etc etc.

I am still here.  Personally, I do not believe that you can die in real life because you died in a dream.

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#23    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:27 AM

While napping this afternoon, I dreamed I died while posti

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#24    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:35 AM

Its a fun urban legend to scare kids, but its false. I die all the time in dreams. Purposefully, I might add.

Posted Image

#25    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:46 AM

I wanted to test this out when I was younger(17).. so I killed one of my friends in a lucid dream to see if he'd die. I know that sounds alittle mean but I was pretty sure he wouldnt. So I was walking next to him in this dream.. and I went lucid and found myself holding a big knife.. so I did this very quick move and cut his throat. It was really horrible and he bled everywhere and just looked at me with this horrified look. I told him the next day and he wasnt too happy about it. lol. He gave me a weird look(violated), and I told him at least we know now that you cant die in dreams!

I've died a few times too in dreams... its weird.

Edited by Kazahel, 10 December 2007 - 02:48 AM.

#26    Torgo

Torgo

Psychic Spy

• 1,239 posts

• I aM tOrGo... I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE mAsTeR iS aWaY...

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:50 AM

I've died several times in one single dream.  I died repeatedly of electrocution, I was in a jeffries tube on the starship Enterprise and these little darts came out of the ceiling and stuck in my chest and zapped me and i felt my heart stop.

#27    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:52 AM

Kazahel on Dec 10 2007, 02:46 AM, said:

I wanted to test this out when I was younger(17).. so I killed one of my friends in a lucid dream to see if he'd die. I know that sounds alittle mean but I was pretty sure he wouldnt. So I was walking next to him in this dream.. and I went lucid and found myself holding a big knife.. so I did this very quick move and cut his throat. It was really horrible and he bled everywhere and just looked at me with this horrified look. I told him the next day and he wasnt too happy about it. lol. He gave me a weird look(violated), and I told him at least we know now that you cant die in dreams!

I've died a few times too in dreams... its weird.

ohmy.gif Is he still your friend?

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#28    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:07 AM

Lotus Flower on Dec 10 2007, 12:52 PM, said:

ohmy.gif Is he still your friend?

lol. Nah I dont really have any friends. Go figure eh.

lol.. Nah he was cool with it... like everyone knew I was into lucid dreaming and trying out new things in dreams..  so it wasnt too surprising. I told him and laughed about it.. and others laughed.. and he just gave me a weird look. lol I mean it was kinda funny... but he wasnt sure how to take it and that was what was funny. Still makes me laugh.

#29    Mcr13

Mcr13

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

• Oh how wrong we were to think
    That immortality meant never dying
    - Our Lady Of Sorrows by My Chemical Romance

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:21 AM

death by chickens

Wow. How did chickens manage to kill you?

This signature is such a drag....

#30    cthulhu.

cthulhu.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

I remember once I had a dream I got shot in the head for trying to run away from this summer camp thing, and when I woke up I had a horrible headache

Light a candle for every sinner, set the world on fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users