Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

You die in your dreams, you die in real life.

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#166    factoid

factoid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

ive always loved this myth its graet to scare your syblings cause it makes them not wanna sleep but ive died about 40 times in one dream befor i woke up and im still here ...... or am i muu hahahahaha lol na im here lol

#167    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

I remember a horrible dream I had when I fell asleep on the couch a few years ago.

A group of men surrounded me and one shot me point blank in the head and I fell, dead, onto my couch. Then each person began to torture me. One I particularly remember was the man with the hat on( there was a hat,one guy with a checkered shirt and a man with the machine gun,those are the only ones I remember) sat next to me and used his hand to shove underneath my ribcage on the right side and started popping my ribs in and out. I felt everything,i woke up practically crying. Now,I'm a fairly big guy, I train in MMA and there's not alot that can make me cry,but I felt like I'd went through a massive ordeal after that dream.

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#168    ...:::*ArorA*:::...

...:::*ArorA*:::...

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

I've died so many times in my dreams, guess i pproved  this post wrong, i'm still alive.
I know that there was some other legend like, if you’re falling in you dream and you wake up before you it the ground you have survived.
However, if you hit the ground and die, you die in real life

Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War

#169    Daxain

Daxain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

I never die in my dreams. I always imagine what's going to happen before it actually happens, so I'm like a director in a movie. However, even though I have a third person point-of-view, I always am very bias to the representation of myself in dreams. And though I purposely imagine and have many near-death situations happen to myself, I never let myself die. Its kinda like getting drunk in a party; really fun but you can never remember it. ;)

#170    allen_iverson

allen_iverson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

• If Speed kills, Then I slaughter

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:20 AM

i dont think i died yet

Godspeed

#171    TheFlyingDutchman

TheFlyingDutchman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

• When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

I've never died in my dreams. So I can't weigh in on this, I apologize.

#172    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 01 October 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

Ha. We finally agree.

What? you actually agree that someone who dies in their dreams is suicidal?  I would love to see the evidence for this one LOL :wacko:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#173    Bite me vampy

Bite me vampy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• It's not what it seems, not what you think, no I must be dreaming.. bleed by evanescence

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

View Postkallisti, on 08 December 2007 - 03:20 AM, said:

I heard this one as a kid. Anyone have any idea where it came from?

Nope, but once I drown in a dream and woke up realising I was holding my breathe in real life...

Bree x

#174    Bite me vampy

Bite me vampy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• It's not what it seems, not what you think, no I must be dreaming.. bleed by evanescence

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I remember this recurring nightmare I used to have when I was 6, and the last time I dreamt it was last year (still 14) and it was this giant dog burying me alive, I'd wake up just as I was going unconcious in the dream I'd wake up gasping.
Another dream, I commited suicide but I didn't want anyone to find me, so I had a backpack filled with bricks and at the pond side I stabbed myself then went into the lake so I would bleed and/or drown to death..
Other dreams where I'm falling, I'd wake up and find I'm on the floor - fell out of bed :L
Also, I had one where a ghost caught me and as he grabbed my shoulder I woke up..
There are more, but too many to record xD but in suffocation/drowning I wake gasping for air, so I dread to think what'll happen if I don't wake in time....

Bree x

#175    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

This has been debunked into the ground.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#176    King Of Kings.

King Of Kings.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

View Postkallisti, on 08 December 2007 - 03:20 AM, said:

I heard this one as a kid. Anyone have any idea where it came from?

In My Dreams iv'e fell off a cliff,Slit Throat,Shot and Ran Over. and im still here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users