Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient art with UFO's

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    geeohn

geeohn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• The truth is out there...I hope.

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:28 PM

interesting, where is a flying pyarmid? hahaha

#17    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:31 PM

Most ufo's in ancient artwork are small and in the background.I wonder if they're that way just to make the statement that they're just a "natural"part of daily life,the same as the trees,grass,etc.,or if they were put in the background like a "secret"....something you have to look closely at to notice.....

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
~Ambrose Bierce~

#18    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:50 PM

The funny part is that when I looked at all of the pictures on the site, I thought: "aww, this is just BS, I bet if I were to go look at the museum version of the same paintings the UFO's probably wont be there. I bet they added them in afterwards..."

So I set off to go find different versions of the same painting to see if the UFO's were there...Yep, they are!

Boy was I surpised  blink.gif tongue.gif

I don't know what to make of it. Some of the pics could be explained away, but some of the UFO's are really close to what is reported today.

The first pic on the site is in a museum(In London I think..not sure) that has a nice website. The museum has text about the picture, in detail, but says nothing about the flying craft in the sky...Hmmm...In fact, I can't find any of the art museums that make any reference to the little flying crafts.

Wierd!

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#19    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

That is weird.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#20    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:14 PM

I have a question........if those are in fact ufo's in ancient artwork.......what exactly does it mean?( i have my own opinion,but want to hear other opinions)

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
~Ambrose Bierce~

#21    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Tess @ Feb 4 2004, 03:14 PM)
I have a question........if those are in fact ufo's in ancient artwork.......what exactly does it mean?( i have my own opinion,but want to hear other opinions)

Well, if there are what they appear to be, that means that UFO's have been seen for much longer than I originally thought. I can remember a show about UFO's that basically said that they were first reported in the late 50's by a pilot in Washington state. After that report, a lot of other people began to have other sightings...

I don't quite know what to make of the artwork. I am generally pretty skeptical about these kinds of things, but this is pretty difficult to just explain away...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#22    buggyelfmaiden

buggyelfmaiden

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

• Little Warrior Elfie of the Army of Bored.

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:22 AM

Why couldn't wa have had visitors before the 50's?  

It seems reasonable enough that it happened before the 50's.  Who knows?  What if we really are the offspring of aliens and we killed off the real inteligent life forms on this planet thousands of years ago.  Maybe we were all from Mars?  grin2.gif

Then I'm hearby named BuggyelfmaidenMarswarrior.  laugh.gif

Sorry, gotta stop reading the Alan Dean Anderson books.  But... I can't help it.  His books are just too funny...

Okay I'll shut up now.

Buggy and Toe's Random Thoughts My LJ

My website - Enjoy.

Here stands an Elfin warrior... Confuse her for a Keebler sprite and you'll be lucky to leave with limbs in place. - me acting silly in one of my various DnD rpg's

"It's religion.  It's not supposed to make sense." - Melanie Rawn The Ruins of Ambrai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users