Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WHERE WAS THE GARDEN OF EDEN LOCATED?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:46 PM

Over the years, many have claimed the Garden of Eden has been found. Of course the location of each "discovery" is in a different location. The Bible describes the area around the Garden in Genesis 2, even using recognizable place names such as Ethiopia. It mentions a spring in the Garden which parts into four major rivers, including the Euphrates. This has led many, including Bible scholars, to conclude that the Garden of Eden was somewhere in the middle eastern area known today as the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley, with its remains long ago vanishing.

Site Link

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#2    Consummate Deist

Consummate Deist

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:19 PM

Geez that is an easy one....the Garden of Eden is in one place and only one place.   The book of Genesis in the ancient Jewish holy book (later adopted by those following the Cult of Christ), no other mention of it is made in any contemporary documents and no myths of it were held by contemporary peoples.  Hence until secular proof is offered, the "Garden of Eden" is like Valhalla of the Norse, a totally mythical place and part of an ancient mythology. wink2.gif  

Blashemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition on common sense.

#3    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Consummate Deist @ Jan 26 2004, 08:19 PM)
Geez that is an easy one....the Garden of Eden is in one place and only one place.   The book of Genesis in the ancient Jewish holy book (later adopted by those following the Cult of Christ)

Well.. that is where it is at in your mind..... wacko.gif

Now does anyone wish to give the correct answer?

whistling2.gif
wink2.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#4    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:11 PM

Right where Consummate Deist said it was.....In Genesis and no where else!

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:13 PM

Quote from the website mentioned:

~"God placed an angel at the entrance to the Garden to keep pre-flood men from returning. The Flood made even that precaution unnecessary."~

I think the analysis in this article is correct.  The Garden of Eden no longer exists.

I think also however, that the G of E did exist in the fertile crescent.  That the area is not what is described in Genisis gives way to the same arguement of the
flood.  It changed things. thumbsup.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  bf2.gif   0bytes   0 downloads

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (beowulf @ Jan 26 2004, 09:11 PM)

Right where Consummate Deist said it was.....In Genesis and no where else!

Uh.. no... once again... <buzz>  WRONG ANSWER!!

Another LOSER!!

Anybody else?

blink.gif  

#7    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:22 PM

Your backyard (you seem to be certain where it is)

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#8    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Dowdy @ Jan 26 2004, 09:22 PM)
Your backyard (you seem to be certain where it is)

disgust.gif  dontgetit.gif  huh.gif  w00t.gif  whistling2.gif

Anyway.....

GREAT JOB JOC!   I AGREE!

#9    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:17 PM

I agree with the article....won't be cool if we knew where it was, think how awesome that be!

#10    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:30 PM

I always believe that the Garden of Eden is located somewhere in present day Iraq. My theory is based on the biblical account of the Euphrates and Tigris rivers, also descriptions of its majestic treasure and fertility, which fits pretty well with the ancient Messopotamia.

The story of Adam and Eve may came from a government officer (or the crown prince) that was expelled from the palace because a rival officer (the serpent) tricked him. Being affraid of the authority and the "evil serpent", he wrote down his own story as the legend of Adam and Eve.

A lot of Genesis stories are telling about places and events in Mesopotamia, until finally, Abraham left this land for good, bringing with him the stories and legends of his family. Later Moses (or someone else) put these legends together to form the Torah.

#11    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,301 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:24 AM

or perhaps its a fictional place that makes use of real life locations

#12    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:08 AM

* Senses another religous debate going nowhere *

Once again the only religion that is allowed to be bashed is christianity . If anyone posted the pagan explanation for the beginning and someone hot it down with a comment as rude as "It exists in your book and nowhere else , all who believe in it are dillusional" the post would probobly be removed and many people would make posts accusiing the original poster of the insult as being religiously intolerant .

I will say w00t  

Posted Image

#13    Coconino_County

Coconino_County

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• Ka-wa-am!!
    I popped him with the sweetest brick Kolin Kelly ever baked.

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:35 AM

Why do you even post on these forums, nxt2hvn, when you already seem to know everything?

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. - W.C. Fields

#14    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Coconino_County @ Jan 27 2004, 03:35 AM)
Why do you even post on these forums, nxt2hvn, when you already seem to know everything?

You just have to be patient with her... her avatar suggests that she is a blonde laugh.gif  

#15    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:10 AM

the same can be said for anyone with an opinion on anything dontgetit.gif  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users