Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can biological weapon monsters ever exist?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

You know, like the monsters in the Resident Evil games. Not exactly the zombies, I mean the monster monsters. Like the hunter, and all those type of things. (If you play RE, you should know what a hunter is). Do you think monsters like that can exist someday if created by man?

#2    Matt121

Matt121

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:05 AM

I think that there is a chance it might be possible I don't see the point in trying it though.

#3    MyYoungBlood

MyYoungBlood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:12 AM

Maybe.

#4    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

Silly.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#5    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

Ok people. What's with these short, boring one-word answers?

#6    FootBeef

FootBeef

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Location:Centerville: A Real Nice Place to Raise Your Kids Up

• I'm The Meany

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

Shadow09 on Dec 11 2007, 09:33 AM, said:

Ok people. What's with these short, boring one-word answers?

how in depth can you truly go into a topic such as this?

Removed signature.  Exceeds allowable size limits.  Click here for more information

#7    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

FootBeef on Dec 11 2007, 03:53 AM, said:

how in depth can you truly go into a topic such as this?

Well I would assume more than just a one-word answer..

#8    FootBeef

FootBeef

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Location:Centerville: A Real Nice Place to Raise Your Kids Up

• I'm The Meany

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:55 AM

Shadow09 on Dec 11 2007, 09:53 AM, said:

nah

Removed signature.  Exceeds allowable size limits.  Click here for more information

#9    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:07 AM

Shadow09 on Dec 11 2007, 03:53 AM, said:

You come here to discuss video games? Silly.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#10    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

Incorrigible1 on Dec 11 2007, 04:07 AM, said:

You come here to discuss video games? Silly.

I wasn't discussing the video game. I was just making a reference to it. There's a difference in that. original.gif

#11    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:49 AM

It is actually not so stupid.  Wars become unpopular as casualties mount because they are our fellow citizens and the husbands and sons of our people.  That is why so many robotics are being used to replace humans, such as the scout drone planes used in Iraq and Afghanistan now.  Similarly, when we become more adept with bio-engineering, the public would be very happy if we modified lower lifeforms into suitable soldiers who will do our dirty work, and no one will mourn their deaths.  It is the perfect solution if mankind continues to kill each other in our oldest ritual known as "war"..

And "Bio creature" weapons are certainly not a new idea.  If there is any truth to the Bible, and other ancient scriptures around the world, we see a "creator" entity who produced intelligent biological instructors/weapons that were simultaneous known as "gods" and "dragons".  The most famous of course, it the fire-spewing dragon known to the Cannanites as Yaw and the Hebrews as Yahweh, the gave early humans both laws and exterminated unworthy humans.  We still have records in that most famous book of exactly how it wanted its meals of specific animals and humans prepared in the book of Leviticus.  And we know its form, from descriptions of breathing fire, enormous wings, and from the only idol it tolerated its people to worship, a bronze "fiery flying serpent" (aka "dragon").

#12    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

#13    1.618

Poltergeist

• 2,543 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 11:32 AM, said:

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

They would be tolerated if they were considered a necessity to survival or dominance of one nation/race over another.

#14    Briggles

Briggles

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• Dont Piss Into The Wind If your Afraid Of The Splash Back!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

Yeah i could see this happening, or at least to a degree, animals have been used in warfare for millennia and i think its not unreasonable to assume we will continue to do so.  Take the dog for example forever we have been cross breading different breeds with different quality’s to fit roles useful to us, we bread strong dogs with  obedient dogs to be guards, we nurtured the smaller more aggressive ones for rabbiting, we used the smarter faster ones to Sheppard livestock.

Now with genetic engineering advancing as fast as it is, i can totally see that it would be possible.    Maybe start out with the best intentions, maybe by improving a drug dogs sense of smell, then the muscle capacity/density on an attack dog, then combine the two breeds maybe, with perhaps improved vision. Then start breeding the smarter ones with more aggressive ones For use in a war zones. Over the years after more improvements how long before this animal would be so different from other dogs that its no longer a dog but a Bio weapon or Bio tool or monster as the OP said ?

I'm not saying this WILL happen or i think this is happening, just i didn't think this thread was/is silly or as unrealistic as some of you have dismissed it as.

Edited by Briggles, 11 December 2007 - 12:00 PM.

El Briggles - Master of disguise.

#15    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

1.618 on Dec 11 2007, 11:38 AM, said:

They would be tolerated if they were considered a necessity to survival or dominance of one nation/race over another.

I can't think of any situation in which non-monster means wouldn't be far more efficient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users