Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can biological weapon monsters ever exist?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#16    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 05:32 AM, said:

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

Sure it would if it was not made with human cells.  Humans only care about their own kind, just go to the meat department of your grocery store.

#17    Briggles

Briggles

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• Dont Piss Into The Wind If your Afraid Of The Splash Back!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:51 PM

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 12:04 PM, said:

I can't think of any situation in which non-monster means wouldn't be far more efficient.

I'm not so sure what your trying to say but if your saying what i think you are.  Try to move away from the word 'monster' the OP used this word with reference to resident evil.  In resident evil the 'monsters' are bio enhanced animals.  right?  So now we are calling the monsters animals can you think of a situation where Animals are more efficient than non-animals? Sniffer dogs,  in drug and explosive detection there is nothing comes close to the sniffer dog. Now imagine an genetically engineered sniffer dog to have better sense of smell and call it a monster.  There you have your more efficient monster means.

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 11:32 AM, said:

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

draconic chronicler on Dec 11 2007, 12:55 PM, said:

Sure it would if it was not made with human cells.  Humans only care about their own kind, just go to the meat department of your grocery store.

I agree with DC, you can't mess with human cells people go nuts but we have already cloned a sheep,  they didn't do that rubbing to sticks together and the world didn't take it so bad.

Edited by Briggles, 11 December 2007 - 01:53 PM.

El Briggles - Master of disguise.

#18    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Such things already exist, albeit in a much smaller more efficient form called 'virus'

#19    Juan2k7nyc

Juan2k7nyc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• ~To Fear Love Is To Fear Life, And Those Who Fear Life Are Already Three Parts Dead~

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

it could definitely be possible but not with our current technologies...............first they would start by combining genetic materials with different animals until you get a hideous killing machine.............sometimes i wonder if the government have already managed to create such beasts but have kept it in complete secrecy

Posted Image

#20    Primeval

Primeval

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

• "In Tyler I trust."

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

Matt121 on Dec 11 2007, 01:05 AM, said:

I think that there is a chance it might be possible I don't see the point in trying it though.

It's fun killing zombies...

Posted Image
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
My DeviantART

#21    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

The Self-Proclaimed Genius

• 2,437 posts

• Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:28 PM

Where are you guys live these days? We have this animal already! A biological weapon monster was already here from years ago!

Remember the Ebola, AIDS, Avian Influenza, Killer Bees...where have you been?

Oh, I know, you guys just wanna say "Naahhh...I wasn't talking about that! I was talking about a huge @$$ monster that goes on a killing spree and burn down cities!" Man, if you're into that, satisfy yourself with some Kaijuu movie.

But seriously, what I've said is true, imagine if we can't control the Ebola. Heck, if you'e even wondering what can I do with killer bees, throw one small hive into your neighbour's house, you'll be famous in no time and probably even going for a death row. But believe me, don't even try that! I won't even be responsible about what I said!

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius

#22    LeFeaoux

LeFeaoux

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

• I can't wait to graduate from life!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

FootBeef on Dec 11 2007, 09:53 AM, said:

how in depth can you truly go into a topic such as this?

I myself could write PAGES on the topic if I were so inclined! Come-on, this is completely plausible! Look at the movie "28 Days" and "28 Days Later" ... this could EASILY really happen! Whether one chooses to believe or not, world governments have microbiologists and such working on stuff like this all the time. Who knows what nasty germs and virus's these people have created? Creating a virus, germ or chemical compound that could transform animals or people into psychotic killing machines really isn't far-fetched at all. I know a woman (Microbiologist) who worked in a government lab and she once told me that they were toying with mixing snake venom with a neutral trans-dermal compound. She said you could brush the mixture on a doorknob and anyone who touched that knob would subsequently die of a snake bite with no actual bite. Scary, huh?

#23    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

LeFeaoux on Dec 11 2007, 12:36 PM, said:

I know a woman (Microbiologist) who worked in a government lab and she once told me that they were toying with mixing snake venom with a neutral trans-dermal compound. She said you could brush the mixture on a doorknob and anyone who touched that knob would subsequently die of a snake bite with no actual bite. Scary, huh?

The Soviet Bloc (Bulgarians, I believe) assassinated a defector by spraying him with the product DMSO mixed with tincture of nicotine. DMSO is that transdermal compound transferral agent that simply melts into the skin. It was used as a horse liniment.  The nicotine caused a heart attack kind of reaction.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#24    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 07:04 AM, said:

I can't think of any situation in which non-monster means wouldn't be far more efficient.

I laughed for like five minutes after reading that.  Brilliant  thumbsup.gif

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

#25    chrisfreak

chrisfreak

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Real men drink beer, eat meat and listen to metal

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Reminds me of Chrono Trigger, where lavos is the biological intergalactic weapon... I guess... oh wait, I think it's xenogears, where  Deus is the biological monster weapon

#26    KBA

KBA

Psychic Spy

• 1,528 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

Of course this could happen. It already has happened.

Bees that inject stingers into their victims..
Porcupines that drive painful quills into attackers..
Plenty of animals that poison their victims..
Horns, claws, fangs..

And so on. To survive in the evolutionary world it takes some sort of weapon.

If you mean monsters with guns built into their hands, well, yeah.. it could happen but is probably unlikely  laugh.gif

#27    Primeval

Primeval

Psychic Spy

• 1,803 posts

• "In Tyler I trust."

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

KBA on Dec 11 2007, 11:14 AM, said:

Of course this could happen. It already has happened.

Bees that inject stingers into their victims..
Porcupines that drive painful quills into attackers..
Plenty of animals that poison their victims..
Horns, claws, fangs..

And so on. To survive in the evolutionary world it takes some sort of weapon.

If you mean monsters with guns built into their hands, well, yeah.. it could happen but is probably unlikely  laugh.gif

You forgot the parasites that control ants.

Posted Image
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
My DeviantART

#28    LeFeaoux

LeFeaoux

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

• I can't wait to graduate from life!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

aquatus1 on Dec 11 2007, 12:04 PM, said:

I can. Nuclear and conventional warfare means are too messy and destructive. Creating a highly contagious virus that drives it's hosts insane leading them to psychotic behavior is far more efficient, easier to deploy and almost unstoppable. Think about it.

#29    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

LeFeaoux on Dec 11 2007, 07:27 PM, said:

I can. Nuclear and conventional warfare means are too messy and destructive. Creating a highly contagious virus that drives it's hosts insane leading them to psychotic behavior is far more efficient, easier to deploy and almost unstoppable. Think about it.

So you have an nation of people hostile to you bent on psychotic behaviour?  I admit I'm not a strategists, but that would seem to me a bad thing.

Another bad thing would be a highly contagious virus that is almost unstoppable and doesn't recognize either friendlies or national borders.

I'll go with the boomsticks.  They have a better track record.

#30    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

The Still Wanderer

• 1,468 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

id make a bio weapon
infact id make several then create my crown jewel the human hybrid every ounce of data collected [from tests] to create my perfect children.

although the entity from alien is perfect it is a complex virus that evolves by merging dna with the host. and it breeds quickly enough to ensure the top status.

speaking RE i hope to see RE5 eventually.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users