Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Did we land on the moon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14134 replies to this topic

#13666    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostMID, on 26 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

We don't need proof we did it.  

Of course we did it.  It's documented, like Apollo is...the most documented scientific and technical accomplishment in human history.

Apollo was supposedly 'well-documented'. but fails to hold up when compared to recent documents (as I've cited already).

It's not 'well-documented'.

And you certainly DO need to prove your case.

#13667    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,619 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

Apparently Turbs still has absolutely no grasp of the Burden of Proof despite having it explained to him innumerable times.

And I'm sorry Turbs, but the fact that you can't understand the documentation you're reading and providing is in no way proof or even evidence of Apollo being "not well documented".  

Its just evidence of your complete ignorance of this topic, which is the only thing you've EVER been able to provide conclusive evidence of.

The really sad thing about this is that you really seem to have no clue whatsoever how much of a fool you continually make yourself out to be, and how much pride you seem to take in doing so.

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 03 March 2012 - 04:38 AM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#13668    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Sorry but Turbs has no grasp of the burden of reality! Why do you think I have them and others on ignore? I am happy to contribute here, but want it to be worth my time.

#13669    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

There is no proof of a hoax, so I've been told... ad nauseum.

It's easy to prove a hoax. The goof-ups with Apollo spacesuits are an absolute give-away it's a hoax..

Just one example...

There are other examples, but once is all it takes to prove a hoax.

Why?

Due to the fact it is impossible to bend one's knee like the astronaut does in a pressurized spacesuit.

And if it can't be done, which it cannot, then it's a hoax.

#13670    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,619 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Typical... Turbs can't defend the position he's currently trying failing to put forward so, rather than admitting he can't defend it and retracting his claim like any mature person with an ounce of integrity would do, he drops the radiation argument (for what? the FIFTH time, now?) and starts on yet another willfully ignorant tangent / topic.

You really are a piece of work, Turbs... there's not one shred of integrity or intellectual honesty in you, is there?

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 03 March 2012 - 06:29 AM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#13671    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 03 March 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

Apparently Turbs still has absolutely no grasp of the Burden of Proof despite having it explained to him innumerable times.

And I'm sorry Turbs, but the fact that you can't understand the documentation you're reading and providing is in no way proof or even evidence of Apollo being "not well documented".  

Its just evidence of your complete ignorance of this topic, which is the only thing you've EVER been able to provide conclusive evidence of.

The really sad thing about this is that you really seem to have no clue whatsoever how much of a fool you continually make yourself out to be, and how much pride you seem to take in doing so.

Cz

If you think so little of my viewpoint, and always have, then why do you reply to my posts, over and over again??

I generally try to avoid fools, simply ignore them. That's why I've ignored most of your posts lately.

The last thing I'd think of doing is searching for posts he/she wrote, and reply!!

A wacky obsession - perhaps some therapy will help?

Or, can you stop this abnormal behavior on your own?

#13672    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,308 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postturbonium, on 03 March 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you think so little of my viewpoint, and always have, then why do you reply to my posts, over and over again??
Backatcha, Turb.  Can you not spot the IRONY?

I generally try to avoid fools, simply ignore them. That's why I've ignored most of your posts lately.
Do you really think that sort of thing helps your credibility?  Tell me, Turb, what type of person uses ad hominems?

Turb, may I ask, was that last video you posted your VERY BEST Apollo Hoax evidence?  If not, what is?  And we'll go over it with a fine toothed comb (and some fine toothed brains) with a point by point analysis, properly cited and referenced.  Are you up for the challenge?

Remember, make it your VERY BEST 'proof', and I *hope* you've done your homework..

Brave enough?

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#13673    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostRafterman, on 25 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'd like to make another point - a lot gets mentioned about the thousands of people that would have had to keep this secret at the time.  But let's also point out the hundreds of thousands that have worked at NASA and its contracting agencies since then that would either 1) have to be in on it or 2) have to be fooled as well.

We're talking thousands of the most brilliant minds in this country who would have had to be fooled - not likely - or been in on it and maintained that secrecy for 50+ years.  Let's also add a few hundred more thousand scientists and researchers who don't directly work for NASA and its agencies.  

Does anyone really think this could have happened.  

The reason I bring this up is that I currently work in the School of Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and our new Dean is the former #2 in the manned spaceflight program at NASA and prior to that oversaw their largest collection of scientists.  Given what I know of her, I really don't think that she would sit back and allow her entire career to be based on a lie.  I've overheard and been directly involved in many discussions about manned spaceflight around the School and I haven't noticed anyone doing the old "wink and nod" during the discussion.

Great! 'The argument that never dies!' :rolleyes:

Many thousands worked. How many involved in research/study of the VA Belts? Not many.

We've chopped it down to a much smaller group, and we could keep chopping it down. But my point is clear, I hope.  

As for their total silense (for a hoax) meaning their total belief in Apollo....it's not valid.

You view a world that does not exist. Science that is open, and above compromise, fear, or corruption.  

That's just not reality, sad to say.

Science has been hijacked and undermined for ages. And it's getting much worse, as I see it.  

Who pays scientists? Governments and corporations, mainly. Those who teach science all use the same books from one megacorp, and they choose content of the "textbooks"..  

You think every single scientist - many thousands of them over the past 40+ years - are in complete agreement on Apollo. What else explains their total silence, you argue...

You don't see anything odd about that, right?

After failing to do it with 40 years better technology, they still believe in Apollo. Not one of them ever doubts it??

Huge reality check, if you're buying that one.

View PostRafterman, on 25 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Frankly I'd challenge anyone who believes in the moon hoax nonsense - particularly the VA belts aspect - to get off the internet and go to their local college or university and talk with anyone in the physics/astronomy departments and see what they tell you.

The top researchers don't even know a whole lot, as yet - so, the college folks would certainly not know it either..

Edited by turbonium, 03 March 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#13674    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Backatcha, Turb.  Can you not spot the IRONY?

Do you really think that sort of thing helps your credibility?  Tell me, Turb, what type of person uses ad hominems?

Turb, may I ask, was that last video you posted your VERY BEST Apollo Hoax evidence?  If not, what is?  And we'll go over it with a fine toothed comb (and some fine toothed brains) with a point by point analysis, properly cited and referenced.  Are you up for the challenge?

Remember, make it your VERY BEST 'proof', and I *hope* you've done your homework..

Brave enough?

No. If you can't even address this issue, you're not brave at all.

Could you deal with this issue, before going on?

#13675    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postturbonium, on 03 March 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

It's easy to prove a hoax. The goof-ups with Apollo spacesuits are an absolute give-away it's a hoax..

Just one example...

Why?

Due to the fact it is impossible to bend one's knee like the astronaut does in a pressurized spacesuit.

Oh, come on, Turbo...

You've been told the design of the space suits, the accordian type joint design and such. You've also been told about the reduced pressure, 100% O2 environment in the suit. So why again is such maneuvering impossible in such a suit design?
Your incredulity carries no weight in this debate.

#13676    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Turbs - been to that university yet?  Shoot me a PM next time you're in the Albany NY area and I'll gladly sit you down in front of a half dozen world class astronomers and physicists who would be more than happy to speak with you.  I could probably also hook you up in your local area given my contacts in academia.  Just let me know.

And something else I've often wondered about - if the US did fake this thing, why do it FIVE MORE TIMES (well six if you count Apollo 13)?  There's no logical reason for doing that.  Why keep trying to fool the entire planet - why push your luck?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13677    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 3,141 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Just one example...

Why?

Impossible?  Hah!  I see no reason to think that.  The designers aren't as stupid as you'd like to tkink they are.  Difficult?  Sure.  That's why they had to use most of their weight tp try to help them bend the knees in the video referenced.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#13678    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Just one example...

Why?

Burden of proof Turbs. Where is your proof that it is impossible to bend your knee in the manner depicted in the video in a pressurised spacesuit?

Ever heard of articulated joints?

http://www.hq.nasa.g...GA_S71-2533.jpg

But if you believe that APollo must be faked because they could bend their (knee) joint, then surely you must believe that all spacewalks in LEO have been faked as well, since astronauts regularly bend their (elbow) joint. And if you can't bend a knee joint in a pressurised suit using your leg muscles and body weight, then surely you can't bend an elbow joint using arm muscles alone?

Posted Image

Ooh, a slightly bended knee!

http://t3.gstatic.co...j-HXQ1s5hzgKzYX

What's this, an astronaut with no lower legs? Guess his knees must be bent!

Posted Image

What the??? Not ANOTHER astronaut in a pressurised suit with a bended knee! What's happening Turbs?

Posted Image

#13679    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Oy, McCandless, didn't you get the memo? NO KNEE BENDING IN A PRESSURISED SUIT!  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#13680    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Capricorn One just starting on Channel 5 in the UK!