Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Did we land on the moon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14134 replies to this topic

#14131    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 12 May 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

lol I was soooo wondering that! Mid!! What's going on buddy?

I'm still trying to figure out how I might have done that, Mentalcase :cry:
Replying to another thread, and it wound up here...?

I'm thinking, late at night, working two threads at the same time, tired....and maybe I did something wierd (wouldn't be the first time!).

I think we can effectively disregard them as irrelevant.

:tu:

#14132    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postturbonium, on 13 May 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

They were virtually standing on the rocket engines. It even poked up into the middle of their cabin!

How is that for "direct contact"? .  

First of all,  to claim 'they're in a vacuum' is misleading, a half-truth at most..

We know they had air inside the craft.  We also know that air does not exist in a vacuum.  So we know they are NOT in a vacuum, inside that craft.
Most certainly vibrations would be heard (and felt) inside the LM, just an arm's length from a rocket engine with (a minimum of) 1000 lbs. thrust.

The vacuum outside the craft does not block out sounds and vibrations being directed to the inside of the craft.

OK, now let's add in the fact that the LM cabin would be pressurized with 100% O2 at under 4psi, which would transmit less engine noise from the pressure fed APS than a sea-level pressure. They were wearing sealed helmets, with visors closed. They used vox mics.
Can you provide information on how noisy the APS should have been within the cabin? Again, how much noise of a rocket engine is transmitted mechanically (via structure) vs interaction of the exhaust with atmosphere?
I'm sure that if they were taking off from the Earth's surface (disregarding variances in "g" for a moment), it would have been noisy with the exhaust interacting with the atmosphere right near them.
Just how noisy is a rocket engine when you take away all sounds of the exhaust stream? Don't you think this analysis was part of the flight test regime on Apollo 9 and 10?

#14133    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostMID, on 13 May 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out how I might have done that, Mentalcase :cry:
Replying to another thread, and it wound up here...?

I'm thinking, late at night, working two threads at the same time, tired....and maybe I did something wierd (wouldn't be the first time!).

I think we can effectively disregard them as irrelevant.

Irrelevant? Naa! You still made your point! I think we all enjoy what you have to say! Now where is your avatar sir?

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#14134    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 13 May 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

Irrelevant? Naa! You still made your point! I think we all enjoy what you have to say! Now where is your avatar sir?

View PostMentalcase, on 13 May 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

Well, thanks Pal...but those posts did get a little misplaced, didn't  they?

Good question about the avator.  I think some of the forum changes may have wiped some of those away!

I'll go check that out and see what I can do about something!

#14135    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,085 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostSaru, on 13 May 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Moderator notice

In order to help improve the loading speed of the forums we are going to be closing down and creating continuations of several of the largest threads on the forums, typically those that are several hundred pages long ( and especially those with 1,000 or more. )

As such we will be closing the Did we land on the moon? thread in around 24 hours time and starting a new thread in which this discussion can be continued, rather than do this out of the blue we thought it best to give you a heads up in advance so that it doesn't come as too much of a surprise when this happens.

This thread is now closed, but the debate can continue here: Did we land on the moon? Continued

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button