Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Did we land on the moon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14134 replies to this topic

#16    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,724 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

I was wondering, if Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon, then who was video taping him when he came out of the lunar module?

There is a little known invention called remote control.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#17    airika

airika

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

I have also thought about that.  They were said to have installed a television camera into the side of the lunar module.  There was no protection at all for this electronical equipment from the Van Allen Belt.  Even today, our satellites are protected against the radiation from the Van Allen Belt, and they are still shut off when they are near it.  I'm confused as to how then, could this camera have survived the trip.

#18    bornagainuhmanduh

bornagainuhmanduh

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

How did the camera, that the little known invention called the remote control controlled, survive the Van Allen belt? original.gif

Edited by uhmanduh, 08 March 2007 - 09:03 AM.

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority."
Gerald Massey

www.peakoil.com

#19    Torchwood

Torchwood

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

They were in the van allen belt for only a split second (when your travelling at that kind of speed you can only be anywhere for a split second!)...not long enough to fry anyone or anything.  

And the lack of gravity wouldnt really effect you after only a few days....as has already been stated both russians and americans(and at least one brit iirc) stayed up for over a year on MIR etc and didnt have much trouble when they got back.

"There is no beating these British. They were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it, and would not run."  Marshall Soult to Napoleon.

#20    airika

airika

Psychic Spy

• 1,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

They were in the van allen belt for only a split second (when your travelling at that kind of speed you can only be anywhere for a split second!)...not long enough to fry anyone or anything.  

And the lack of gravity wouldnt really effect you after only a few days....as has already been stated both russians and americans(and at least one brit iirc) stayed up for over a year on MIR etc and didnt have much trouble when they got back.

Torchwood, my dear.  On Wikipedia, (yes I know LOL).....it states that the radiation will still stick to everything, and penetrate the rocket. hmmm... I also have an article...that states with no exercize, being up in space, that after only a few days, the muscle mass can be reduced 30%. (some people more, some people less).  I'm sorry if I'm not making too much sense, I'm a bit tired.  Here's the link to the NASA article though.
http://www.nasaexplores.com/show2_912a.php...-202&gl=912  I would also like to point out, that they found out that it was needed to exercise, from personal experience.  (Not my own of course)   innocent.gif

#21    Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

It wasn't a remote control actually, it was activated by Neil Armstrong pulling a lanyard which opened the MESA. The camera had already been pre positioned to point that the ladder, it's in the Press Briefing pack I have if anyone wants to see it.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

#22    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

If NASA didn't land on the Moon then they'd better hope that either:

a ) As well as the Russians and Europeans, the Chinese are also in on the conspiracy

or

b ) They can secretly launch a lunar lander in the next few weeks and ferry all the stuff that's supposed to be on the Moon onto the Moon before the Chinese launch their probe later this year.....

Edited by Essan, 08 March 2007 - 12:49 PM.

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#23    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

It wasn't a remote control actually, it was activated by Neil Armstrong pulling a lanyard which opened the MESA. The camera had already been pre positioned to point that the ladder, it's in the Press Briefing pack I have if anyone wants to see it.

That's correct. You can see the camera here on a ground-based mockup for training purposes:

linked-image

#24    Torchwood

Torchwood

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:59 PM

Torchwood, my dear.  On Wikipedia, (yes I know LOL).....it states that the radiation will still stick to everything, and penetrate the rocket. hmmm... I also have an article...that states with no exercize, being up in space, that after only a few days, the muscle mass can be reduced 30%. (some people more, some people less).  I'm sorry if I'm not making too much sense, I'm a bit tired.  Here's the link to the NASA article though.
http://www.nasaexplores.com/show2_912a.php...-202&gl=912  I would also like to point out, that they found out that it was needed to exercise, from personal experience.  (Not my own of course)   innocent.gif

Ok it can pentrate the rocket but Van allen himself reckoned the astronuts would only get a mild dose (it says that on wiki as well!).  As far as I can see the amount of radiation involved means youd have to stay in the  belts for about 5 or 6 months before you'd recieved the 1000rads neccessary to kill you.  Apollo went thru the narrowest part and was only there for a few seconds.  
And wheredid u find the bit about it sticking?  I never knew that, what does it stick to, and how? Can you accumulate it like gum on a shoe? wink2.gif
I forget now what he astronuts had onboard apollo but Im sure they had some training techniques that work in space....most of the space stations have an onboard gymnasium! Anyway astronuts tend to be physically very fit, so can probably quite easily survive a fair bit of loss of mass in their muscles.  Nasa had a few years of practice to c how space and zeroG  effect the human body and Id be surprised if they hadnt learnt how to compensate for it.

"There is no beating these British. They were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it, and would not run."  Marshall Soult to Napoleon.

#25    airika

airika

Psychic Spy

• 1,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Ok it can pentrate the rocket but Van allen himself reckoned the astronuts would only get a mild dose (it says that on wiki as well!).  As far as I can see the amount of radiation involved means youd have to stay in the  belts for about 5 or 6 months before you'd recieved the 1000rads neccessary to kill you.  Apollo went thru the narrowest part and was only there for a few seconds.  
And wheredid u find the bit about it sticking?  I never knew that, what does it stick to, and how? Can you accumulate it like gum on a shoe? wink2.gif
I forget now what he astronuts had onboard apollo but Im sure they had some training techniques that work in space....most of the space stations have an onboard gymnasium! Anyway astronuts tend to be physically very fit, so can probably quite easily survive a fair bit of loss of mass in their muscles.  Nasa had a few years of practice to c how space and zeroG  effect the human body and Id be surprised if they hadnt learnt how to compensate for it.

LOL..Torchwood my dear,  I have been looking for the information from the above statemant and I'm thinking that the government came and changed the informantion in the 4 1/2 hours that I was sleeping.  LOL jk.  I will find the information that I'm looking for, it may just take me awhile.  (I have to go back through everything, sorry for my bad "record keeping" abilities)  As for the radiation being toxic, I never stated that it would have killed the astronauts, I'm wondering as to why the radiation didn't damage the camera.  Based on the (missing) information that I was searching through, I know that I saw somewhere that stated the radiation would not be enough to kill them, but that the radiation belt is like a cloud with condensation in it, and when the rocket passed through, it would have clung to the outside, and seeped to the inside, and that yes the astronauts would have recieved a small does of radiation, just not enough to kill them.  I will find this information my dear, I just need to sort through the 30 pages I was looking through lastnight (early this morning.) blush.gif

#26    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

It is funny when people who do not know a thing about the Van Allen Belt use it as their argument.

#27    Torchwood

Torchwood

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

LOL..Torchwood my dear,  I have been looking for the information from the above statemant and I'm thinking that the government came and changed the informantion in the 4 1/2 hours that I was sleeping.  LOL jk.  I will find the information that I'm looking for, it may just take me awhile.  (I have to go back through everything, sorry for my bad "record keeping" abilities)  As for the radiation being toxic, I never stated that it would have killed the astronauts, I'm wondering as to why the radiation didn't damage the camera.  Based on the (missing) information that I was searching through, I know that I saw somewhere that stated the radiation would not be enough to kill them, but that the radiation belt is like a cloud with condensation in it, and when the rocket passed through, it would have clung to the outside, and seeped to the inside, and that yes the astronauts would have recieved a small does of radiation, just not enough to kill them.  I will find this information my dear, I just need to sort through the 30 pages I was looking through lastnight (early this morning.) blush.gif

radiation behaving like condensation?  I spose it could get trapped in the magnetic fields produced by electrical equipment in the capsule, but those fields would be weak and I dont think theyd trap enough to damage anything.
Ive tried to google it myself but none of the key words brought up any promising lines of inquiry so I thought Id better come back to you!:)

maybe the radiation missed....

ramboIII: care to enlighten us knowlessmen?

Edited by Torchwood, 08 March 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#28    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Not really, I participated in a thread daily that went about 250 pages on this same topic... if I get started again I wont be able to stop, and last time did not go too well.

#29    Cynical1

Cynical1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

The whole thing was shot on a Hollywood lot. Stanly Kubrick did around the time he shot 2001 a Space Odyssey

Just humor my dumbass, where is the proof we did go?
TV & Moonrocks? I need more please.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 08 March 2007 - 06:40 PM.

#30    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,724 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Just humor my dumbass, where is the proof we did go?
TV & Moonrocks? I need more please.

Aren't rocks which are proven to have come from the moon enough?

Besides which where is the evidence we didn't?

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 08 March 2007 - 06:41 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button